Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Let the Licensed Content Wear Crowns

It's absolutely ridiculous and unfair that Crowns can only be exclusively worn by the "original" Survivors and Killers of this game and not someone like Leon or Pyramid Head.

What an absolute joke these Crowns are if I, someone who only wants to play these specific characters, can't even wear these crowns! It's just not a good choice whatsoever if I can't join in on the fun and celebration because of the character I pick.

Comments

• CremelloJoJo
    CremelloJoJo Member Posts: 76

You do realise that the rights holders of the licensed characters have to contractually agree on allowing things to be added or changed?

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882

Then they should've tried, I'm certain some of the licenses would've gotten it if they did

(Valve seemingly wants to make no money off Bill so as long as the crowns are free [they are] I imagine Bill would've easily been able to. Netflix seems to be a cool company when it comes to DBD, they allow Demo to get original to DBD skins, after linked cosmetics were introduced they haven't locked or made a single locked outfit [except Jonathan but that's cause it's a legendary], and I'm certain I remember hearing in a stream that there were people from Netflix who heard, played, and loved DBD. Finally the license holders for the Scream Mask, they seem cool and even participated in the Blight event so this leads me to think they'd allow Ghostface to join in on the Anniversary.

TL;DR: I think Bill, Steve, Nancy, Demogorgon, and Ghost Face would have easily gotten Crowns if asked.

• Vulgun
    Vulgun Member Posts: 439

What's more astonishing is the fact that crowns have to be worn as a head piece anyway. Why not make crowns something like, I don't know...

A fourth cosmetic slot that goes ABOVE the head?

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

seems to me the crown could just be charm that appears where it is now. i mean licensed characters can use charm im pretty sure, bill can at least. so why not the crown

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,538

They did had an entire year to try, though. Unless every single license holder rejected the idea, which I highly doubt.