Matchmaking is not working.

Options

When I hit ready I am stuck sitting there forever.

Unready is greyed out and the matchmaking CANNOT be canceled. I also can't back out to the main menu to cancel it that way either. I need to turn the game offf entirely only for this same thing to happen.

wtf....

Comments

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,600
    Options

Couldn't get a match! I can't even see if the game runs well because the queues are at least 5 minutes. At that point, I just turned the game off because I was wasting my time. I don't know if it's because of the boycott or the general feeling of people not wanting to play because of the last 2 patches, but these queue times are unacceptable.

• Booorra
    Booorra Member Posts: 24
    Options

Same situations for me! Something is wrong.

• Booorra
    Options

I can't get lobby with killer..

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,805
    Options

I think the servers are overloaded.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,690
    Options

Yep. Had to force restart the game four times now. Haven't been able to successfully enter a match the last three times I queued; I ended up in the shadow realm each time after about 5 minutes. Can't tell what triggers it, but when the option switches from 'cancel' to 'unready', there is nothing else you can do but bring up Task Manager and force close the game.

I managed to play some games earlier, but now I'm losing hope.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    Options

I thought that was 'normal' now because I was getting that since the RE release.

• Booorra
    edited June 2021
    Options

No way that we can't get matches with killer.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495
    Options

So I'm watching a streamer on PC, her and her friends are finding matches really really quickly. Yet, on console, I can't unready nor have I ever found a match. Even now I'm still waiting for a match I ready upped for an hour ago.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,690
    Options

I had no problem getting killer games earlier but encountered the issue shortly after I switched to playing survivor. I think the problem is universal and just started/just rapidly increased in frequency within the past hour.

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788
    Options

I was just about to make this thread. Can't get a game as killer or survivor.

As survivor it looks like it finds a group but it never takes you to the lobby.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,301
    Options

Yep. Been sitting in survivor lobby for awhile now and its not finding any matches. I really wish things would get better with this game. Its hard to get excited for the events when stuff just doesn't work.

• WiiFitTrainer
    Options

Same. It looks like it's having trouble forming matches.

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,805
    Options

Exactly this. I waited 10 minutes like this and finally got one.

Now here I got another in 2 minutes. HOPEFULLY its them doing something to the servers or something.

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728
    Options

yep queues seem to be dead right now

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

Do you have crossplay off? Because the number of players might be low on consoles right now. Because when I played earlier I found matches real quick while playing both roles.

• jcl_z
    jcl_z Member Posts: 35
    Options

Same here, leave it to BHVR to fail in every way possible.

• Tysere
    Tysere Member Posts: 36
    Options

It took me 15 minutes just now to even enter a lobby on Survivor, after swapping due to constant "Failed" errors and my game becoming stuck trying to play Killer. The servers themselves have to be busted, bc if it was congestion, I wouldn't have been in this lobby waiting a further minute or 3 for the other Survivors to pop in.

• Booorra
    Options

25 min and two restarts and I can't get lobby with killer. One time i get some error time is reached(something like that) and now i just waiting for lobby..

• WiiFitTrainer
    Options

Crossplay on for me as well. I play pc.

Judging from the other threads it's a wide spread problem now.

• tester
    tester Member Posts: 792
    Options

Same on PC.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

Hmm strange I did not have issue finding matches when I played earlier. I guess there might be a bug causing people to not find matches quickly.

• darkcloudlink
    darkcloudlink Member Posts: 326
    Options

I'm having problems on PC as well. As is my bf who lives in the EU. We constantly have to reboot the game in order to actually find matches. We waited for 20 minutes in a full lobby, all we needed was a killer, and we didn't get a single one. Something is definitely wrong here.

• sensovsky
    sensovsky Member Posts: 102
    Options

been in queue for like 15 mins? #########?

• FengisKawaii
    FengisKawaii Member Posts: 309
    Options

So for the past 90 minutes I switched between Survivor and Killer every 15 minutes or so after not finding a match, is matchmaking broken? Anyone else can´t find any matches?

• WiiFitTrainer
    Options

A bunch of people are right now. Looks like it's having trouble making lobbies or something

• Snapshot
    Snapshot Member Posts: 903
    Options

Yes matchmaking is down for killer and survivors

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,549
    Options

Yeah, couldn’t find a match as well. Gonna go to sleep now and will collect more crowns tomorrow. At least the players don’t seem as toxic as during other events..

• Pokino
    Pokino Member Posts: 81
    Options

15 minutes waiting as killer... :(

• sensovsky
    sensovsky Member Posts: 102
    Options

yeah the games were fairly decent surprisingly. yet I'm dissapointed how low the cakes count is for me at least.

• FengisKawaii
    Options

Oh no what a bummer! It seems many people can´t play the game anymore because of lobby issues, very sad during the event launch :(

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

Yeah, I got stuck finding a match as Bill.

• Snapshot
    Snapshot Member Posts: 903
    Options

Now it works again! Was down for about 20 to 25 minutes

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,549
    Options

Oh I am super lucky with cakes! Both in my bloodwebs and burned by other players. But I see that many have problems here as well..

• AnotherJacob
    AnotherJacob Member Posts: 65
    Options

I got only he 6 cakes with 500k bp they give us (even used shards to buy more bp). When I did start using those cakes no one was using as well (only got 4 cakes once).

Now I have no cakes anymore. They are too rare in bloodweb. Not good as event. :[

• Morpheus_7_
    Morpheus_7_ Member Posts: 348
    Options

30 minutes without being able to find a match as a survivor

• derppug
    derppug Member Posts: 239
    Options

Yeah, it's taking awhile for me too. I'm just doing other things while in queue.

• Sherry
    Sherry Member Posts: 227
    Options

Yes, I've been waiting a while. What's going on?

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

There's 86,000 players on steam alone right now. It usually gets half that on a normal day.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890
    Options

This is just sad. I’d be surprised if dbd makes it to a 6th anniversary after the way the last two weeks have gone, if only because the game itself couldn’t handle another years’ worth of content.

• FengisKawaii
    Options

Glad it works for you! I tried restarting the game and am now approaching 10 minute qeue again -.-

• drpynz
    drpynz Member Posts: 246
    Options

I can say this is a first for me. Entered a lobby and its been like this for over 3 minutes:

No one has been here. Just me

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728
    Options

Yep....its broken.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

apparently i also cant cancel it and switch to Survivor, as it wont let me enter the main menu.

guess we just discovered a new bug :D

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

There's 86,000 players on steam alone right now. It usually gets about half of that on a normal day.