So now I've decided to play Hillbilly (yeah this is a dumb trend I'm trying to do)

Options
DwarvenTavern
DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495
edited July 2021 in General Discussions

How do I describe this Killer...?

Amazing. With a sense of nostalgia that reminds me of the better times. I had played as him before the rework and I will admit this current Hillbilly ain't got crap against the OG Hillbilly. Though, I do like his addon reworks, well... almost all of them.

Some need to be buffed big time, but his power is different story, so I like the concept of over heating as a mechanic, but how quickly it happens is so unfair to Hillbilly, it's too punishing. Now, I'm gonna go ahead and throw my boy under the bus... (I'm sorry...) But Leatherface who's chainsaw is primarily used to END chases seems to take forever before it causes him to tantrum, seriously. It feels like I can go for a wank and a biscuit and I still have time before my second... first... favorite.... OH GOD WHAT DID FRIDAY DO TO ME?! Anyway, I still have plenty of time even though it's supposed to end them rather quickly and multi hit, while our boy Hillbilly gets so punished ridiculously hard.

Not only does his over heat mechanic build up way to fast, but he can't use his chainsaw until his hot hands go away? I mean... that's kinda not fair, especially how he has some mediocre addons. Now, I love gimmicks, they are what makes me wake up in the morning. But... Hillbilly's aren't even that good. His undetectable camo should be buffed to thirty seconds. "Too op, wah wah" you gotta hit a survivor with the chainsaw for it to proc anyway. Nemesis feels right because his zombies spawn wayyyy to fast.

Black grease on the other hand...I don't even know what it's like. Why? Because it's so specific that I haven't ran into it and it makes me sad. Mother's Helpers is just stupid. I rarely find a use out of those. Survivors I run into predrop pallets like it's the end of the world so I have no idea what they're like. Though... they would be fun with enduring/spirit fury.

Tuned Carburetor just kinda feels stupid. I hate the concept of moving at 110% without any range. Why? Then we get to his Ultra Rares. I kinda like them... well okay. Apex Carburetor is a drug, I have so much fun with this, ugh. Gimme more, while his iridescent brick... is an addon. Okay, so having the ability to hide your Terror Radius is awesome, but that doesn't seem worth it in my opinion. For a character that can get from point A to point B in a heart beat...it doesn't seem worth it. It's insidious the addon.

But, overall... God I love him. He's so much fun that needs some slight tweaking here and there, but he's just a blast.

I might do this with all killers

Comments

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112
    Options

It's easier to read if you split them into small paragraphs.

• DwarvenTavern
    edited July 2021
    Options

This is a mysterious comment. You'll never know why this is here.

• DwarvenTavern
    Options

There you go, now I'm gonna get something to eat and then sleep

• harvan
    harvan Member Posts: 8
    Options

I stopped playing Hillbilly for now. I used to play him in 2018 and 2019 (before nerf) and it was amazing killer. I had a lot of fun. I tried to play him after the nerf and god damn it. It's the most STRESSFUL killer of them all. His addons basicaly don't do anything, except for Punctured Muffler and both Engravings. There are no addons that helps newer players to learn this killer and a very limited number of addons that help at all.

I understand that this killer's ability is High risk - High reward. You miss your chainsaw, survivor gains distance, you are starting chase over again. But you miss your chainsaw like 3 or 4 times and it's on a cooldown, because you overused your power :) There are better killers like Cannibal, who's power is Low Risk - High Reward.

In my opinion, there are way better (and less stresfull) killers to play. You want mobility? Play Blight. You want relatively easy insta down? play Leatherface. You want more mobility control? Play Oni.

But if you love him, just play him. We need more Hillbilly players in matches, because there are almost none.

Hope to see ya in the fog.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options

Yes his add-ons are total trash, his animations hinder you, and good ole hitboxes.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

Love me some Billy. Addons need a rework. Feels too limited currently. I’m a fan of his turn speed. I wish there were four of these instead of some of the others.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,997
    Options

I'd love to see this turn into a series.

Anyways I agree, I expected overheat to be a mechanic never to be activated. I liked the idea of discouraging facecamping, turns out overheat wasn't even executed the way I hoped it to be.

• Piruluk
    Piruluk Member Posts: 995
    Options

Well before the nerf he was completely braindead easy to play, and was easiest killer to do well compared to nurse.

Now he is still good, but the problem is that for so much effort, you have easier killers to pick up which takes no skill or very easy to learn so you have no reason to choose Hillbilly because he very hard to play well, yet he wont be stronger than a Leatherface anyway.

• glitchboi
    edited July 2021
    Options

Easiest killer?

The only things that were braindead were his add-ons.

The nerf literally decreased his skill cap. Discourages him from doing cool stuff like flicking and backrevs. Usually takes multiple attempts to do so before, and took skill. Attempting to do bold things like these will punish you now.

Now he's just chainsaw to another area, chase a survivor, then eat their ass to down them. Plus he was already map reliant.

• Piruluk
    Options

Well I red he was completely dominated the game, and only the best of SWF had any chance against Hillbilly, after the nerf players just jumped the easiest killer to do well. So I didnt exp him,but looking back he was insanely overpowered and complained so much about, youtube videos where he destroys everything, good thing he is gutted.

• glitchboi
    edited July 2021
    Options

Well you're reading a source from those who don't know much of the game.

People played Billy because he was fun to play as, and not stressful either. The nerf still keeps his fun factor, but makes him miserable as hell to enjoy.

Billy is hard-countered by many loops in the game.

You sure they weren't referring to his instasaw add-ons? Those add-ons were OP and I can't argue with that.

• Piruluk
    Options
  • Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,960
    Options

If you play him like the psychopathic nutjob that he is, he can be so much fun!

Running through gaps and routes you don't even think you can, but do, is hilarious. He's probably the only killer who performs better if you don't take him seriously.

• glitchboi
    Options

Oh yeah then I agree cause those add-ons were def broken.