Remember when people use to play games for fun?

MegaWaffle
MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Its a game, it will never be perfect, it will throw crap your way and it will give you moments of laughter.

Lets stop fighting "Killer v Survivor" and start looking at everyone as people looking to have fun. The game is unbalanced and will never be perfect so move on and just enjoy the fun times.

If you focus on the bad that's all you'll ever see.

Just have fun! :p

Comments

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394

Wait, people played games for fun? That must have been before the internet.

• MegaWaffle

I agree but my point is towards how much effort people put into arguing they lose sight of having fun. Perhaps its not like this with everyone but I see a point in having passion for something and wanting to see it grow and flourish but also knowing when it rots to accept it as is, or move on.

• Asssthetic
    Asssthetic Member Posts: 203

If this game wasn't so grindy, it would be a bit more fun. Survivor mains complain when they die since they lose points which is why some use decisive strike, sprint burst, self care, and adrenaline combo in order to try to survive longer. And killer mains want to get 4 kills every game so they use the BBQ and chili, ruin, nurses calling, and noed combo to try to get those kills. If the game was less grindy then people could try out new perks for fun instead of nasty combos to try to "win" and get the most bloodpoints out of each match.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Competivness breeds arrogance in ones ability to preform well. Arrogance breeds egos, and when egos are on the line, people get nasty. It’s not about fun for them anymore, it’s about dominance. Many people often use video games as an outlet to feel “better than” others at something. Like a junkie, they need the thrill of not only victory, but of power by humiliating their opponent while hey win.

Take pride in what you’re good at, but there’s no reason to rub it in your opponents face. Everyone’s better than someone else at something. Games are no exception.

Take my most recent games. I’m playing at Rank 1 on Clown with garbage perks. I’m going to have a rough time against a 4 man SWF Loopers all decked with the meta perks. Getting tea bagged and ######### all the time, like I care. If I gave a damn, I’d be using my Nurse. I’m just here to dick around on Clown. 
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited July 2018

I still do. If a game stops being fun, I stop playing it.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@MegaWaffle said:
    Its a game, it will never be perfect, it will throw crap your way and it will give you moments of laughter.

Lets stop fighting "Killer v Survivor" and start looking at everyone as people looking to have fun. The game is unbalanced and will never be perfect so move on and just enjoy the fun times.

I play the game for fun, its just sad that I have to derank in order to be able to do that

• ShesArebel88
    ShesArebel88 Member Posts: 234

People used to play to progress and to have a good time... Now people play to show off to and to gain validity from strangers. As if there's anything tangible gained. Kids these days lol

• Daniel101773
    Daniel101773 Member Posts: 277

Just have fun? Pfft what do you think this is? A video game?? 
  • Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

I would allow the cheaters to have their coms IF they are removed from ranked where they are boosted by their cheating. Cheating to gain rank is an insult to all killers.

Ask me why i am not playing but lurking here.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I always run DH cause it's fun.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    I still play for fun but my fun is taken away by long queue times.
  • deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624

i do remember those days.... hell, i remember playing 1 or 2 quick games and then going outside to do stuff.... i'm 46 years old so i can even remember a time when nobody had a console and video games were a quarter to play....

• MegaWaffle
    edited July 2018

@Runiver said:

@MegaWaffle said:

Everytime I read this kind of stuff, it reminds me this.
    It's not like balance and fun are incompatible.

I agree but far more often than not people do not debate changes but go to full on arguing, using vulgar speech or personal attacks. My point is if the game has devolved to that point for you and you are no longer having fun why spend so much time just playing for the sake of it. Your picture is also a great example of "trolling" that person isn't playing the game to get enjoyment but messing with the other guy for "fun". I think what you posted proves my point that a lot of people are missing the point of the game and making their own fun by screwing with others. You can argue that's still considered "fun" but it fun at the expense of the very thing you are meant to be enjoying.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

@MegaWaffle said:

@Runiver said:

@MegaWaffle said:

Everytime I read this kind of stuff, it reminds me this.
    It's not like balance and fun are incompatible.

I agree but far more often than not people do not debate changes but go to full on arguing, using vulgar speech or personal attacks. My point is if the game has devolved to that point for you and you are no longer having fun why spend so much time just playing for the sake of it. Your picture is also a great example of "trolling" that person isn't playing the game to get enjoyment but messing with the other guy for "fun". I think what you posted proves my point that a lot of people are missing the point of the game and making their own fun by screwing with others. You can argue that's still considered "fun" but it fun at the expense of the very thing you are meant to be enjoying.

People just argue with emotions rather than actual and well-though opinions. As simple as that.
    How many threads there is going like "CAMPING IS UNFAIR BECAUSE I DIED ?" or "SURVIVORS ARE OP BECAUSE THEY CAN RUN" ? Most of them.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited July 2018

Still having fun at Rank 15-20 destroying noobs, 4k every game

Compared to suffering at Rank 1

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Someissues said:
    Still having fun at Rank 15-20 destroying noobs, 4k every game

Compared to suffering at Rank 1

That sounds dull. Easy wins are boring.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

@Orion said:
    That sounds dull. Easy wins are boring.

Better than forced to play Nurse at Rank 1, at least on low rank you can play a variety of Killers instead of the main 3/4

• MegaWaffle

@RemoveSWF said:
    *used to

Was waiting for this comment haha.

• Joekillu
    Joekillu Member Posts: 164
    Ah...how young we were.
  • BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

Games are about winning, not having fun. That's a thing of the past ; )

• Joekillu
    Joekillu Member Posts: 164
    Now I feel old... >_<
  • FIEND8LOODED
    FIEND8LOODED Member Posts: 336

@MegaWaffle said:

It's difficult to have fun when some of the core game mechanics are frustrating.

• MrMyers
    MrMyers Member Posts: 43

@MegaWaffle said:

Thank you, I'm tired of people focusing on winning rather than enjoying their matches and having a great time.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

How can I have fun in a game where my opponents seem hellbent on making every game the worst experience in my life?