We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Why developers support toxic gameplay?

Every, single, year... Anniversary comes up, players are excited, and devs as usuall assure everyone this will be most frustrating experience in whole year. :/

For example - cakes. Cool idea. Cannot this be flat 500% Bonus for every player? Or better yet, lets make healthy gameplay with that - Killer will get 25% bonus for every not tuneled hook + 25% for not tuneled kill + 100% if killed all - long, cool games without tunel or slugging - 500% if done right. And Survivors should get 75% bonus for every gen they end + 50% for every escape - also 500% bonus. Basically promote healthy gameplay and long games, simple changes, fun times.

Crowns? Killer can just play game without DC and he will have it. Survivors must play full game and escape. Why? Why cant Surv just play game normally, and dead or not without DC, secure crown?

Same with Challenges in Tomes - every, singe challenge with "do this in one game" description is toxic for gameplay. Guess how i did my 4 hooks in basement in one game, or 4 stuns in one game... Yeah, i didnt care about normal game at all - Bubba camp (of course several games before i finally did it), and running around like moron at beginning of game wasting all pellets i can. Same with achievements - 3 teleports with nurse? Impossible in normal game, same with fix last gen and escape thru gate.

Also farming... I dont know how about you, but i play the game to have fun and... well... play the game. Playing the game is fun for me. I know, strange concept. But i dont have fun while farming and wasting half hour doing nothing, because there was 5xcakes in play. :/

And its even hard to blame players. Game is designed to support toxic gameplay - bloodpoints support that, challenges, even anniversary event. Devs could change that with few simple tweaks, just like i wrote here, but every year is the same...

And i dont understand, why? Why devs support toxic gameplay in this game? :/

Comments

• van9684
    van9684 Member Posts: 433

There’s no way to avoid toxic people. Psychologically killer players and survivor are very different. Survivors tend to be more Casual and team focused where as killers enjoy feeling powerful and ruining the game for everyone. So as far as avoiding toxicity, it’s nearly impossible to do.

• LowrenceVonQersrick
    LowrenceVonQersrick Member Posts: 34

Yes, you cannot avoid it, but you can not support it. Thats my point - developers support toxic gameplay. And i dont understand why, evan i can do this better without too much thinking. :/

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

agree. 100% troll posts to trash killers. Maybe they would have more fun playing against bots with crappy AI who let them escape every game

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

Hardly true at all. I play killer as a public service because queue times for survivors are very long. I'm just trying to help out, survivor is way more fun.

• LowrenceVonQersrick

Your post dont make any sense. If killer kill everyone before 5 gens, game will end even faster. But anyway...

Survivors JOB is to do gens and escape. Killer JOB is to kill everyone. So about you are talking aobut anyway?

Game should award that in a healthy way, thats my point. 5 gens and 4 gate escape = max bonus, 12 untunelled hooks and 4 kills = max bonus. Simple, both ways - maximum lenght of games.

I mean... Game should award survivors for what IYO? Getting hooked? Sitting around doing nothing? Come on.... And if you think tunneled is required for killer to "keep up", you are bad killer. Maybe thats the problem here.

I didnt mean tuneling, camping etc. was toxic or bad (unpleasant and iritating, if you ask me). Developers supporting this with challenges, anniversary events and overall gameplay are doing bad thing tho. Game should reward healthy gameplay more than anything - 12 untunneled hooks + 4 kills / 5 gens + 4 escapes thru gate - longest games, healthy gameplay.

Game should also not reward slugging. Hooking at 95% health, full points. Beyond that, every 1% health less should also mean -1% bloodpoints for hooking. So if you slug to death, you will get 5% points. Except last player. I had several games, when killer slug me to death as last player. This should be straight -1 pip or slugged last player should be allowed to DC without penalty. :/

Anyway, game could reward players for playing best, longest games. Key word - Reward, not punish or ban. Tunneling, camping or whatever should be allowed. Im fine with that.

Points should be equally shared. Killer can have 32000 for perfect game, survivors also should have that. It is not less stressful when you can only hide&run, and survs also have hard games. Dunno why devs forget that.

Also, im writing here only about BP rewards, nothing more. More BP as a sign how to play and get most of blood points, simple as that. Camp? Less points. Hatch? Less points. Is it allowed? Sure, do whatever, sometimes you have no choice, but just like Olimpics - you will get gold medal only if you run from start to finish, not when you get shortcut thru hatch or camp whole event close to finish line, right? ;)

So, normal games like now, 32000 points for any player at best. And on top of that performance bonus max 500% rewarding healthy gameplay. This would also resolve so many problems about endless grind...

Also devs should update achievements and remove toxic "do this in one game" from all challenges.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

yeah at this point its obvious he's just trying to start #########

• LowrenceVonQersrick

Glued to gens, huh? It is hard to take you seriously now Mr. "Very Good Killer". :) Anyway, dont do offtopic. I dont care how badly you play as killer. If you have nothing to say then, silence is good option for you. Bye.