Is the tunneling really this bad during the event?

Options
Trickstaaaaa
Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,256

I keep seeing a lot of post of people complain about getting tunneled during this event is this true? In what rank is this happening if you have had this happen to you? Because my matches have been pretty fun and chill. But mind you I'm in purple ranks, so I keep getting middle rank killers. They seem to be pretty fair so far, I have had most of my crowns on survivors already.

Comments

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882
    Options

I've been in Purple Ranks as well, so I don't know how you're getting the fun matches.

I've been trying my best to get the crowns but fail hard for the effort I put in (only having Jeff, Ace, Dwight, Meg, Claudette, and Jake. Out of 30 games of me trying my hardest, I only managed 6 wins).

Personal highlights of my terrible killer experience have been a Wraith who used an Ebony Mori with Ruin and Undying, a Demogorgon with Insidious who camped and only let all the licensed survivors leave (none were Stranger Thing character, it was a Tapp and Ash I believe. Also, I do know he let them leave as he was watching them open the exit gate), Multiple Killers that slugged at 4 gens, and Finally an Infectious Fright Nurse that also slugged but this time at 5 gens.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,095
    edited July 2021
    Options

Personally, I've seen very little tunneling (but I also see very little tunneling in normal DBD times). I'm at Red Ranks, generally between 4 and 1 pending how good everything is going.

I don't know if it's my area, that I don't BM (so no killer has any reason to single me out ever), or if my definition of tunneling is VERY different from other people's (it's amazing how often I will be accused of tunneling as a Killer when I did no such thing so it might be that my definition for when a killer is tunneling is far stricter than others; a killer who happens to find you first again 30 seconds after you were unhooked the first time is not tunneling guys).

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

I have now started tunnelling if needs be, normally against it early game but getting sick of gens getting finished within 5 minutes and t-bagged at every pallet. I am not going to let survivors have fun at the expense of my own fun.

The toxic survivors have brought it upon all survivors whether there is one cake or 5 cakes in play.

Salt, yes but well deserved through bhvrs crappy ranking system putting me against wave after wave of survivors, about 12 games now, I have no chance of beating with my skill level. Also the last 5 games have had horrendous hook spawns too.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

That's crazy I been escaping most of my matches. I only need crowns for 3 more survivors. I don't know most of my games killers have been playing more chill, not sweating. I had a match vs a demo who could have won, but he would just down us and go find other people. It was a unique type of farming a way that he was playing the game but let everyone get maxed out on points. And at the end he was grateful, he was a cool guy. But I guess some killers don't want to have fun, they just feel like getting their 4k is fun and their 15k bloodpoints. They often times don't even have fun playing their way, they just have fun in making people upset. Just how some survivors only have fun in trolling making people upset.

• patchoulisun
    patchoulisun Member Posts: 20
    Options

I've noticed it happening more frequently since the event started, at least in my own experience. Others are saying they're getting a lot of farmers.

• patchoulisun
    patchoulisun Member Posts: 20
    Options

That's good to hear! Hopefully your games continue to go well :) if you enjoy the farming, at least!

• KillerKirby
    KillerKirby Member Posts: 79
    edited July 2021
    Options

Redacted.

Post edited by KillerKirby on
  • MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053
    Options

No I actually have rarely been tunneled yet.

If I get unhooked when the killer is right next to me and they dont have BT then i usually would get tunneled (If they do have BT and they hit me theyll go for the unhooker instead.)

But I dont blame the killer, its the survivors fault for unhooking.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

I only played few survivor games and being camped in basement by rank 1 billy and died with 5k BP

Game after that I was left on hook by my teammates and died like a dog.

I switched to killer and want to farm some BP but every survivor just doing gens and want to get out. Dont care about altruism points, or points in general. People escaping with 12k BP whats the point lol.

After that I played normal games with Oni and actually earned some BP.

And the worst part of it all is that I was only one who used cake every game. I had one game so far with 3 cakes and the rest had 1-2 cakes max. I hate this event so far, no idea why people are sweating like this. I am in red with both sides, not that it matters.

3/10 event for me so far. I hope it gets better in few days

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited July 2021
    Options

Why do you think people who tunnel and camp are suddenly just going to grow skill or look the other way on the only way they know how to play? Because of an event? People actively go out of their way to ruin the event for the other side all the time in the past

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

Do we know the difference? You are getting mad because people are running perks, bruh. That hardly has to do with their in-game behavior, if you ask me. Like, what, they need to run bad perks to not be considered as having garbage behavior?

• SassySolidSnake
    SassySolidSnake Member Posts: 65
    edited July 2021
    Options

I've been playing all day and this is by far the worst tunneling and camping I've experienced in a while. I agree they are valid strategies, but it's been overkill.

Edit: Rank 6

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302
    Options

Waaaaa killer camped and tunneled waaaa

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

No it's not true at all. I'm about to get the crown for all original survivors and have not seen any tunneling or camping, just normal games as usual. I would not trust people who complains they might have one game where they miss out on a crown and then "everyone" is tunneling lol

• SilentPill
    Options

Wait, wait. What’s that? Survivors can get 3 gens done in 2 minutes and then escape through the hatch with a predetermined spawn location? Nerf the pig. DS Unbreakable is fine.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,797
    Options

no but I've been getting teammates that are garbage at the game yesterday matchmaking put in me in gray rank games 2 times for some reason

• KillerKirby
    KillerKirby Member Posts: 79
    edited July 2021
    Options
  • SilentPill
    Options

Yeah it’s so bad mannered when half my games are key SWFs using 12+ second chance perks.

Like it barely registers with me why I would play killers without a 1 shot right now. Keys have no counter other than lethal persuer and camping whoever you get to dead on first hook. That’s how the games have to go if you want to beat a key hatch offering SWF.

• Youko
    Youko Member Posts: 187
    Options

I am currently rank 8. Already made my own post and commented in detail on other posts, but for me, it has been outright horrible. I made it out of 2 matches today out of about 20ish. If I don't have teammates DCing I have campers. Even had all 3 of a team try to save someone with Yui's perk to help them, and didn't realize until too late they AFK'ed knowing their were dead. So we all ended up dead.

And to add salt to the wound, I legitimately earned the "Left For Dead" trophy on a Tombsone Myers and didn't actually get it on the last match I played...

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

I haven't noticed any more tunneling then normal.

Just a LOT of survivors trying to be as annoying as possible and doing things like body blocking with BT, or stalking the killer with flashlights, or Tbagging at every pallet, and finally Trying to flashlight at every pallet.

Then they complain when they die first.

I swear these survivors have no self awareness to realize antagonizing the killer makes the killer go for you.

• TurtleSushiTV
    TurtleSushiTV Member Posts: 156
    edited July 2021
    Options

I've been trying my best trying to lure survivors to the crown locations so they can grab em. Wish we had proximity chat during these times lol