Can someone talk to a news website about DBD's poor optimization?

Options

With how long the poor optimization has been present in DBD it's surprising that no news website has talked about it. Hell, console has been dealing with it for about 5 years now.

At this point it's ridiculous how long this issue hasn't been addressed by the devs. To the point it's almost comical how hard they're trying to ignore it.

With this new hotfix consoles are still stuck with freezes every few seconds. Who knows where you'll be facing next time the game freezes, god certainly doesn't.

Can someone please try to get in contact with a news website? These devs have been ignoring this crap for too long. If they won't listen to us right now, maybe they'll listen if their reputation is at stake.

Comments

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,782
    Options

Wait until they fix the optimisation that they're working on right now.

Otherwise they'll just say "oh we fixed it now" in a few weeks when it's still ######### on last gen consoles.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 947
    edited June 2021
    Options

Well, sadly it's not a AAA game like Cyberpunk or Star Wars Battlefront 2 where it actually was on news sites that eventually led to action being taken. Suppose it could be argued that content that was paid for is faulty and half of it is not available, in addition to optimization issues dating years back now, but nothing will happen because the Devs don't have EA or Cd Projekt red status.

• BingBongMan
    BingBongMan Member Posts: 631
    Options

Neither of those companies are known for releasing good content right now. I wouldn't want their status either.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,960
    Options

That was a pretty unique case where someone was able to distort the facts and create an illusion that BHVR was callous/carrying some animus towards a marginalized group. The story didn't matter because of DBD, it mattered because of sympathy for said group.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

MandyTalk regularly comments on threads like this. It has nothing to do with your implied "threat".

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,960
    Options

Of course they had been working on it. Are you actually suggesting that BHVR came out with the colorblind feature solely because that story went viral? What about BHVR's track record makes you think they could actually come up with something like that at a moment's notice? You have way more faith in BHVR that I do, at least.

Also, idk why you quoted that first part, whether or not BHVR were working on something is not what I implied was distorted.

• BingBongMan
    Options
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options
  • BingBongMan
    Options

Thought my post had been deleted. Wouldn't've been surprised, but at least it's still up

• BingBongMan
    Options

As they've been attempting for 2 years now. Still waiting on that "early game collapse" too.

• baron
    baron Member Posts: 142
    Options

Talking on a forum wont resolve this. If this has been goinv on since 2018, then talking really hasnt done anything. People need to stop buying cosmetics and/or playing the game. Get enough people who stop, news sites may then notice.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options

The websites only tend to mention the new chapters and crossplay/crossprogression. Though, it's quite interesting how many of the review outlets have given it at least a B (80%) in score.

• grayon444
    grayon444 Member Posts: 757
    Options

Hm, a 5 year old game with a break through in the asymmetrical genre that has almost all of iconic franchises in it is not news worthy.

Ok.

• Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594
    Options

Given the fact they would have easily known they were going to break the game for all consoles by pushing the update from their own internal testing and they still pushed it and took our money for it and then downplayed the situation on the release of a major resident evil license I'm pretty sure it is new worthy.

If they stay silent for much longer without it being fixed as I said before, it's time to go to Capcom themselves and express your disappointment with how you bought such a broken product that you trusted due to it having their IP associated with it.

Capcom have very high standards with their licenses, the rhetoric on these forums that they don't care as long as their making money shows a serious lack of understanding to how it works.

• Razorbeam
    Options

It's understandable to have the belief they are trying to just wait out old gen however it's not really an option they have.

The issue with the client on all platforms at the moment is something to do with it's data streaming that's making the harddrive make the client stutter, the only reason next gen is helping mask the problem is because a SSD naturally helps compensate for an issue of that nature.

Many PC users have had similar issues on their client that was solved with a SSD, there's nothing in the old gens hardware that couldn't run DBD at 60 fps (if the client was written properly) and if BHV were to just ignore fixing this client problem by the time next gen consoles are widespread enough to be standard all the extra content that's been piled onto this problem will actually stop the SSD being a workaround and even more issues will come as a consequence.

They don't really get to ignore or wait this one out, because it's just going to get worse and worse.

• Bastard_Disaster
    Bastard_Disaster Member Posts: 32
    Options

Is this confirmed or is this more along the lines of well-thought out theory crafting?

If so I'd love to see some quotes from them about this!

• Razorbeam
    Options

Ha I wish anything was confirmed, the SSD fix is a real thing for the issue for a lot of people on PC and the client stuttering in such a way definitely makes it seem correct, hell I can hear my PS4 HDD no other game is making it sound that way.

They also are in no position to abandon last gen with this issue for so long simply because it will be at least another year before they become the current gen, if they did try it would eventually be removed from the ps store for being a broken product.

They have to fix it basically and I'm sure they will they just need to work on their communication and transparency rather than shafting us because they don't want it to look bad on their Capcom release and their 5 year Anniversary event.

Tl;dr: All we have is theory while they refuse to open with us

• Ryuzaki
    Ryuzaki Member Posts: 688
    edited July 2021
    Options

I installed a Samsung EVO 850 SSD in my PS4 slim which very slightly improved performance on DBD. The problem with old gen consoles is that they are held back by the SATA II interface so you will never get the full benefit of a SATA III SSD.