The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Event is... lackluster?

quirky
quirky Member Posts: 56

This is my first anniversary event and I was so excited. I was thinking about the crowns, the bloodpoints, and how it'll be fun.

It's not as I hoped.. the crowns are cool, love that we get stuff if we get enough crowns.

The bloodpoints are nice if cakes get played, I've had matches were none were played.

I don't enjoy farming. If a killer wants to, I usually walk away because I get bored. I'm glad others help but my attention span is too small for that.

But I also hate when 4 cakes get played and you have an infinite tier 3 Michael with tombstone so no one gets any use of the cake.

Plus, maybe it's because I'm an awful killer and keep getting red rank survivors, the games as killer aren't going well either.

Or maybe it's me.

Comments

• quirky

The most I've gotten even with farming is like 150k. And that's been rare because farming killers tend to find me at the end.

• Kees_T
    Kees_T Member Posts: 811

Why don't you then play AS the Killer? It's always guaranted at least 60k of BPS per match.

Also the event is just a ctrl c + ctrl v from past events.

• quirky

I've been playing some killer, but I'm rank 8 and keep getting rank 4's. I never get any kills lol. I know you still get BP but it makes me upset I'm awful. But I keep trying none the less. I only got like 60k last game as killer, which isn't bad.

• quirky
  • Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594

The only change I think they need to make in the future is for the cakes to payout a lump sum of BP and not make it a %, then neither side can ######### with each other's enjoyment of event benefits.

• musstang62
    musstang62 Member Posts: 517

Definitely not just you. I've been playing since 2018 when the game came out for free on PS Plus. This event is pretty much just a copy/paste of last year's anniversary, which wasn't stellar to begin with. It's just... cakes and crowns. Cakes are cool for BP, and I'm happy to make another version of Jeffsus with the new halo crown

But... that's pretty much all that's here. Shards are nice, but I won't use them for a long time. Community cosmetics are not really something it feels like you're earning, moreso something that everyone's being given at the end of the event. And I'm lucky I can even PLAY the game with a PS5, since it sounds like last gen consoles are unplayable right now. I could rant about a dozen other annoying things about the game right but this would end up a wall of text

You're definitely not alone in feeling this event is lame. Doubly disappointing considering bhvr said they were going to make the anniversary and halloween event bigger to compensate for no other events. Past events were much bigger and more ambitious than this

I'm legit just going to log in for shards a couple more days, and play again whenever the next chapter or big update comes out. I'm pretty apathetic towards this event

• quirky

I feel the luck on the next gen console. I've had a few bugs but nothing like the videos I've seen. I just feel like my love for the game is going away which makes me sad because it's the only game that I play..

• musstang62
    musstang62 Member Posts: 517

Yeah, last gen consoles seem to have it particularly rough now. Although it's never been too smooth in the past either

I will say, that sounds like a pretty normal experience with this game haha. In a lot of ways, playing this can feel like a frustration simulator. I've uninstalled and reinstalled this game probably a dozen times. There are definitely better games out there, but this one does scratch a certain itch that others don't. In my experience at least, it's usually a good idea to take a lengthy break from DBD whenever it stops being fun. Could be fun again sometime down the road, but it does lose some of its fun factor after playing for awhile fairly consistently