Anyone else getting Serious SWFs since the event started?

D3spair
D3spair Member Posts: 715
edited July 2021 in General Discussions

Since the event have started I am playing with no tunneling, no camping, no slugging to involve so many BP earned in a single game but Survivors don't want that I guess. Since the event the average match for me is no more than 5 minutes, everyone just wants to hold m1 and at the end they get away with 15K BPs while like gaving a cake offered. I keep thinking if you're just gonna Go Genrush or Hold m1 all day why even bring the cake?

Comments

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    edited July 2021

Exactly like me in red ranks. 5 minute matches at most, at least 1 gen popping every hook.

I started the event 2 hooking people before sacrifices were made but they quickly put a stop to it, wore me down and turned me into what everyone is complaining about.

Gens seem to be getting done far more quickly than ever, not sure how or why with the same amount of pressure given I have always done.

• Piwatte
    Piwatte Member Posts: 162

5 minutes matches ?? Not in all my games as survivor...

Most of the time : licences characters are looking for crowns : ######### ?

• Piwatte
    Piwatte Member Posts: 162
    edited July 2021

I forget something : I have at least one dc survivor half of my games :D

So I'm not surprised if players want to play SWF

• Purgatorian

I have less dc's now than I have had since the penalty was turned off but still get 1 or 2 per 5 or so games.

• Pilot
    Pilot Member Posts: 1,158

Don't see anything unusual in my matches as killer.

• hex_uwu
    hex_uwu Member Posts: 201

on the first day of the event I had literally nothing but camping, tunnelling and slugging killers and I soon realised playing with 1 friend just wasn’t going to cut it. The only way I was able to get any crowns was with a full swf. Rest assured, we still get camped/tunnelled/slugged but it gives at least one of us more of a fighting chance. I’ve managed to get 3 crowns whilst in a swf whilst my solo/duo crown catch remains at zero.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Yeah, that's the norm for me at rank 8.

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408

Zero. Just idiot console players who constantly leave me on hook.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

I've been trying to get crowns and have been farming with any survivors I see that are crown eligible.

When playing as survivor I've noticed almost all my killers have been hard tunneling and slugging. Never been more tempted to go full swf with comms than I have now.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,160

Cause and effect. Killers playing harder to prevent crowns, survivors playing harder to escape quickly, killers playing even harder to get kills faster, survivors getting into swf that plays harder to have better shot at escape...

They should've made crown requirement be 10k BP for both sides instead of one side being able to prevent the other. Maybe then both sides would chill out a bit.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

They probably assume the killer is going to do the same to them and remove them from the match early and don't want to take the chance. Unless you give them some kind of indication otherwise, its safe for them to assume the killer isn't interested in them getting BPs.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

Makes sense people want to stack cakes with friends, especially since they're so much harder to get for survivors.

• Swampoffering
    Swampoffering Member Posts: 384

Nope, not too much Bully Squads, compared with pre event.

What I see is a lot of people Dcing when they see less than 3 cakes at the screen.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

I've been mostly playing Survivor since I hate long queue times.

So far, it's either been super sweaty killers or Survivors that steamroll in 5 minutes. The only time that hasn't happened is when the Survivors were so bad they were basically throwing themselves at an early demise and the game ends with only one gen done.

I feel for both sides, truth be told. Neither side is playing nice right now. I just want to loop Killers and smack my ass every time they whiff a swing. I can't even get that.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Unsure if they are SWF but I have been getting a lot of keys with blood embers and hatch offerings.

Really fun stuff /s.

• Purgatorian

How do you know they are console players? Other stores on the PC add the globe signal too.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

Haven't really noticed any difference as killer. Most matches have been pretty smooth as killer - decent survivors who can run/loop, not a lot of "toxic" behavior (clicky clicky or tbagging). The first day of event I played survivor and faced quite a few crappy camp at 5 gen killers, BUT I played like 15 matches of survivor last night and the killers were way less tunnel/campy.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

I had one team who, in late game had their key holder sit in a locker until hatch spawned. I spent the last half of the game hunting her down cuz I needed the last stack of BBQ. Then they just left her to die on first hook.

I haven't been killing people for the event for the most part. Intentionally did not sacrifice their teammates on last hook when I could have. Asked them about it after and they said they thought I was trying to keep hatch from spawning. Like I give a damn about hatch. Just wanted my BBQ stack.