R.C.P.D map is the worst map we've ever received.

The map looks absolutely beautiful but holy #########, gameplay wise it is the worst we've ever had. Worse than midwich, worse than the new game, worse than Haddonfield, worse than Badham Preschool.

For starters Hillbilly and Blight (idk about Oni and Nurse but they may also have it bad) are straight up unplayable on it. As Blight you will not only have to deal with the constant sliding off the walls but the millions of doorways survivors can rapidly enter in to make your power useless. Same thing as Hillbilly but atleast he can insta-down.

As a Survivor it has a very confusing layout meaning you'll have to spend a lot of time traveling through to map to find a gen to work on, not to mention deal with the sparsity of the pallets. As a Killer you'll need to deal with the many god pallets on the map and also the gigantic map size.

Honestly, im not sure how BHVR could create a map like this after the community has constantly stated that indoor maps and god pallets are awful for the game. It just feels like they aren't listening.

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

Funny enough I've never had the map as killer yet have had it like 9+ times as survivor though

• Bluewater
    Bluewater Member Posts: 11

so i like this card very much. Both in the survival side and in the killer side. It's pretty hard for the killer side. If I land on the map with my Blight, then of course I want to master it. On the survivor side, I actually get along well with this card. I know almost all the entrances and exits.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,203

This map has terrible flow to it. Needs to be more simple.

• SHYHERIST
    SHYHERIST Member Posts: 165

Worst map for Oni. Haddonfield in second place.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

The map looks good, but it's way too big and it's bad for both sides. I played killer once on that map and it was hell, I played survivor a few times on it and it was confusing.

• MeneLaw
    MeneLaw Member Posts: 341

For blight yea its broke, but i rate it 7/10 better than game.

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

At least it looks good, unlike Midwich which is ugly as #########

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

It's a big licence. We're gonna be stuck with it even if doesn't fit DbD gameplay.

• spirit72
    spirit72 Member Posts: 227

Agreed. This map went over like a fart in church.

• spirit72

To be fair, I can see where this map might work really well for ranged killers...like Huntress, like Trickster. I played it as Pyramid Head once or twice and it wasn't terrible. But if I never saw this map again, it would be too soon.

• Kasamsky
    Kasamsky Member Posts: 264

It's just a terrible TERRIBLE map and yet it still has performance issues even on PC.

I enjoyed the time while it was disabled.

Can't wait for the map offering to be enabled, gonna be much fun to DC every time i see it.

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 598

Every of the licensed Maps feels awful to Play as Killer ( mostly Haddonfield i always quit if i got this trash )

They looks great are unique vit Gameplaywise they are just Bad

Damn even the Corn Maps where you cant see anything as Killer feels much better to Play 🤷🏻‍♀️

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

What we're they thinking of in terms of Blight, Oni etc. Its fun for a survivor but it's pretty much unplayable for certain killers. Its kinda Monaco GP for killers opposed to Silverstone.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

Fun powers like mobility Killers would like to dodge this mapy every single time if they could.

For stealth Killers it's amazing.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

It's definitely a weird map for gameplay in dbd. It 100% doesn't fit and it does make fast mobility killers fairly useless. I've only played on it once since the update and it was as Doctor. We all know what that means: Doc + Indoor Map = Pain for Survivors, and it was so easy it was ugly.

• DangerScouse
    DangerScouse Member Posts: 989

The map is so awful to play, but goodness is looks great!

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

This is why BHVR needs to stop just porting maps from other games.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,154
    edited July 2021

O had the luck yesterday to have my first game on the map as blight.

And while I agree that it is horrendous gameplay wise for mobility killer, it is impressively accurate to the source material. (As far as I can tell since I never played resident evil myself but watched let's plays).

But this detail to the source material is also a reason why it most probably won't be changed.

Edit: Oh and forget to play ranged killer like slinger or huntress there, the narrow corridors and many corner are a nightmare. But hey setup killer like trapper or hag could be strong. Also hex perks might be spread enough to be too strong.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452

It could easily be split into 2. No reason for the biggest map in the game to be indoors and with two floors. I had a game as Legion where I hooked a Leon near that crashed helicopter and I could barely see the BBQ auras just with how far they were. Took almost a full minute to get to the gens they were and Leon went to second stage as survivors also don't have mobility.

• spirit72

Honestly, since the map revamp the cornfield is no longer quite the safe haven for Survivors that it was before. But I agree with you in general.

• spirit72

I played it as Mikey this morning, and even infinite EW3 didn't save me. One of my worst Killer matches in recent memory.

• Venzhas
    Venzhas Member Posts: 684

If you dont know the map already for playing Re2 remake, youre lost at the moment. But yeah its not fitting the DBD gameplay. Another mistake to add to the list..

• GhostMaceNotCrusty
    GhostMaceNotCrusty Member Posts: 716

They should've made multiple versions of the map with different areas sectioned off so it wasn't so big

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

We wait a whole year for a new map amd them we get...

THIS

RCPD combines pretty much all features we hate

-Awful gen spread

-Gens are hard to find

-Navigating the map is difficult

-RCPD is HUGE

-Indoor map so a lot of killer power are useless there

RCPD + the map reworks just show that BHVR has no idea about balancing gameplay on maps.

• CriticalWeasel
    CriticalWeasel Member Posts: 378

I guess I would say it’s too faithful to the Remake.

The remake isn’t designed for DbD gameplay.

• TMCalypso
    TMCalypso Member Posts: 336

I got it twice playing killer. Once as Doctor. Once as Nemesis. As Nemesis...it was the easiest match I ever had. Mostly cause the Zombies are actually useful on this map. As Doctor....it was the most frustrating match I ever played. Why? Cause Doctor's Shock Therapy DID NOT WORK. I could only use the blast. Just farmed that match instead as a result.