The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Totem counter for survivors as base stat

I play solo queue when I play survivors and I can't always play the 'small game' perk. It'll be very useful while I don't think will be a huge advantage while playing solo as a survivor.

Comments

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092
    edited July 2021

like something to count totems or something to counter totems? Something that counters totems basekit no something that counts totems ok

• xerav
    xerav Member Posts: 392

Sounds fair to me (buffing solo survivor cant hurt).

• Jay_Whyask
    Jay_Whyask Member Posts: 566

Special shout out to the guy that has a quote in the anniversary loading screen talking about how they added the totem counter to small game because people asked for it. Can't remember their name or position, I've only seen it once.

I've seen plenty of questionable quotes, but that one takes the gold medal for "most tone deaf" 🥇

I'm certain the people on the DBD team are nice, well meaning, and bright, but jeez they took the time to rework the UI and everything man. Why'd they leave that out and then act jolly about small game?

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814
    edited July 2021

Survivors get a Hook counter baseline so they can weigh who should take a protection hit for one another. Survivors get an Obsession baseline, so the killer is never sure if one of them brought Decisive Strike. Survivors get to change their character at the last possible minute but killers can't. Killers lost Moris but Survivors kept keys.

But sure. Let's toss on another core gameplay buff for them.

• xerav
    xerav Member Posts: 392

Mate its not like you struggle vs Solo Survivor?

So buffing solo survivor is not a problem cuz if we get em closer to swf (and tbh even a totem counter is only a fraction of the information a swf group shares) we can also buff certain Killers.

The goal should be to bring Solo Survivors closer to SWF and then balance the game.

• saltmineinaction
    saltmineinaction Member Posts: 99

I always run Small Game in solo queues because I know that 99% of the time, my teammates won't do totems. Also it counts how many totems have been done so that way you can see if there is a chance for NOED to spawn for example, or if there is still any hex totem up.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

The problem is, you shouldn't have to run perks just to gather information that SWF have as basekit.

Meaning a totem counter should be basekit, no perks required and you can potentially use that perk slot for something else if you would like.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Heck, even if it was a shrine in the basement to see how many totems are left I’d be happy. Don’t make me run a perk to know how many totems are left as a solo survivor.