Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Dont stop talking about console frames.

2 patches post chapter update and using killer powers is still terrible. Can we keep bringing this up in the hopes the devs go one chapter update without ruining at least one aspect of their game? Ive lost more chases in the last 2 weeks because i tp into a wall or the surv tps ahead of me because the game freezes and I lose frames.

Comments

• Just go next gen as soon as you can, like I did

• I can't tell the difference since I was too used to 10 fps and freezes so even if they are 40 instead of 60 it will always seem fine to me hahahahaha

• Magicmaster0702
    Magicmaster0702 Member Posts: 217

Is this happening on both the series x and the xbox one?

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,896

I've not played killer in a nearly week now because of it. I miss Mikey.

The recent trailer for the new Halloween movie really put me in the Mikey mood even more too. But I just cannot tolerate the laggy mess of it right now.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

This is really going to affect matchmaking too (worse than it’s already messed up.). Killers will really struggle to get pips and rank up, so higher ranking survivors will always get matched with a grab bag of killers who are all stuck at the same low ranks.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

How much did we care when dbd on switch was released in a state it was and still is?

Maybe we deserve this.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

I unfortunately kinda stopped playing at the moment.

I've just been drawing more until they fix the frame rate issues

• BatGingerman
    BatGingerman Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2021

Yes. The frame rate issues are insane on console. Why can't they update the game, have an event or chapter without there being another bug or issue? Can't be that hard.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

Yes, we have some many frame issues and they are still not fixed, even after patches, which is very annoying and already made people stop playing, even when we have an event going on.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,108

I really try with this game, I really do. But these last few updates have been absolutely horrible. The fps problems and freezes have got to stop. I can't play more than 2 matches without getting fed up and turning the game off. This is literal "unplayable" territory here.

• OopsAllHexes
    OopsAllHexes Member Posts: 624

I just tried to play Nemesis, it was unbearable as usual. I literally couldn't hit my tentacles or my whips because I'd drop to 0 FPS randomly when chasing or closing in.

BHVR needs to suffer some sort of consequence, I don't know what. They can't do anything important at all.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340
  • OopsAllHexes

Just as a reminder that DBD is not complex at all, and shouldn't be making PS4 Pros lag this bad when no other game lags to this extent. It's not "next gen", these maps are basic and games like Bloodborne and Apex do them just fine and don't have problems. Hell, Apex has MASSIVE maps with a hundred players and doesn't lag nearly as bad.

DBD is as poorly coded as Yandere Simulator. Yes, I went there.

Also, like Unicorn said, are you not aware of the shortage? The PS5s are still scarce and impossible to get. There are still only a small amount with one. So, yes, "last gen" console DOES matter because the majority can't buy the next gen consoles.

• OopsAllHexes

Also, another reminder for everyone that the devs wasted time handling irrelevant and stupid fixes like cosmetic sets and dumb bugs with Killers like Freddy in the lobby.

"But they could have been investigating it in the background"? Doubt it.

"But those fixes are small"? Time taken away from fixing, regardless. This should NOT be the number 1 priority. Matches being almost unwinnable should be the bigger focus. This should be considered a emergency for the game's health, yet the devs think they have the time to waste on other crap.

Just goes to show that what people are saying is indeed correct, and they don't care about console.

• I'm aware of how bad this game is coded, but devs never did and will never do something, you must accept that