Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Stupid things that need to be changed

• NOED: Just remove it from the game.
  • Camping/face camping: Increase the negative chaser points based off proximity (Face camping from first hook until dead should result in no chaser emblem).
  • Decisive strike: It should require the 50% wiggle regardless of obsession.

Comments

• BLUE_APE
    BLUE_APE Member Posts: 282

I'm with you on this stuff, because they can rework it to be more fair, sadly though....

The dev's don't actually care, because DBD IS ACTUALLY FAIR in a horrible way.

Ranking isn't important (they stated that)

Camping may have been intended for the game, which would explain why they won't do anything.

Looping and Gen rushing are fair because the killer can camp

D-strike, same as looping and gen rushing.

if survivors are stronger then killer (it could just be based on the players skill) same as top bit.

They are leaving the debate of these topics up to us, because they don't have a way of fixing, and probably never will. These are things players have been getting angry over ever since the game came out (I'm pretty sure of that at least) and if they haven't solved or found a way to stop these complaints, then this show why DBD will fail and the comunity itself is so toxic.

They can rework DBD, some of its op perks, and in the end have it come down to skill. Of course so much would need to change.

Hook mechanics, Gen mechanics (gen mechanics might not be that hard though), add newer objectives, and other things to.

Its sadly fact, and besides people who can use the garbage game mechanics are not going to want it to change any time soon either.

(I'd avoid this site if I were most of the comunity is extremely rude, hypercritical, or just awful as DBD's mechanics)

So killers and survivors can't ask for any nerfs or buffs

• SpongeBob420Pants
    SpongeBob420Pants Member Posts: 118

@BLUE_APE said:
    I'm with you on this stuff, because they can rework it to be more fair, sadly though....

The dev's don't actually care, because DBD IS ACTUALLY FAIR in a horrible way.

Ranking isn't important (they stated that)

Camping may have been intended for the game, which would explain why they won't do anything.

Looping and Gen rushing are fair because the killer can camp

D-strike, same as looping and gen rushing.

if survivors are stronger then killer (it could just be based on the players skill) same as top bit.

They are leaving the debate of these topics up to us, because they don't have a way of fixing, and probably never will. These are things players have been getting angry over ever since the game came out (I'm pretty sure of that at least) and if they haven't solved or found a way to stop these complaints, then this show why DBD will fail and the comunity itself is so toxic.

They can rework DBD, some of its op perks, and in the end have it come down to skill. Of course so much would need to change.

Hook mechanics, Gen mechanics (gen mechanics might not be that hard though), add newer objectives, and other things to.

Its sadly fact, and besides people who can use the garbage game mechanics are not going to want it to change any time soon either.

(I'd avoid this site if I were most of the comunity is extremely rude, hypercritical, or just awful as DBD's mechanics)

So killers and survivors can't ask for any nerfs or buffs

Your post makes absolutely no sense. I've suggested 3 changes that would make the game better, you can either agree with those changes or not, but to say that there's no solution to the problems I brought up as a reply is ridiculous.

Your statement "killers and survivors can't ask for nerfs of buffs" is actually #########. There are no killers or survivors, there is a game and there are players, the game can be improved unless the players get in the way of it.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Remove a Perk?
    At most, it should instead be replaced with something different so that everyone who bought that Perk 1/2/3 times on the Bloodweb isn't stripped of something they earned.

• MyFreddyIsBae
    MyFreddyIsBae Member Posts: 39
    edited December 2018
    Noed is not even THAT good.  I honestly stopped using Hex perks.  (yes, even ruin,gens get done super fast anyway) because hex totems get destroyed in one second, lmao
  • ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838
    edited December 2018

I wouldn't say get rid of it but, maybe NOED 1 you can Insta Down 1 Survivor. NOED 2, 2 survivors NOED 3, 3 survivors.
    So that earning NOED 3 feels more of an accomplishment rather than every ######### player getting lucky with NOED 1.

I forgot to add that NOED 3 would have 3 tokens, one is depleted once a survivor gets downed and so on.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited December 2018
    • Camping/face camping: Increase the negative chaser points based off proximity (Face camping from first hook until dead should result in no chaser emblem).
    The developers cannot remove a perk from the game because you hate the perk. However, you can offer feedback on how to make perk feel more fair for both sides since you obviously feel like it's not fair. Here's a example of what you should do when you don't like something below.

Hello, I feel like NOED needs a nerf because [Put what you see wrong here]. Here's my suggestions as to make NOED seem more fair to the survivor side while remaining strong for the killer.

NOED:

[Insert new perk description here]

[Explain why you think this version of NOED will solve your problem mentioned above]
  • NMCKE

Fack off, i am tired that every thread in feedback, balance and general discussions is about NOED and Decisive being overpowered because there are a lot, and i mean A LOT of ways to counter these 2.

My best advice is to get good, your complains are tiresome.

Hmm, how would feel if there was a perk that allowed the killer completely regress a generator's progress once per trial? It likely wouldn't feel good for you since all of your progress is gone. It's the same thing with DS and NOED to a certain extent, they need to be changed.
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

DS should only be for the obsession. Having more than 1 in a group just increases the skill check size by X%. If you want to use DS equip other obsession perks to make yourself the obsession.

NOED should require something from the killer before endgame. Something like 3 fresh hooks.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

@Vietfox said:
    Cleansing totems is not that hard.

That's not quite fair. I mean a 4 man swf of course can communicate about how many totems have been cleansed, but a 4 solo survivor team will always struggle with cleansing all 5 totems, since it pretty much requires everyone to run around the map and find out if all five totems have been cleansed.
    I know killer mains like to make you believe NOED is a punsihment for survivors for not cleansing all 5 totems, but that's BS. It's a way for killers to still win and have a comeback even though they failed. It's not fair to say that it's the survivors fault for not cleansing all 5 totems. I hate DS, but I'd argue that NOED is even worse.

@Vietfox

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    edited December 2018
    ad19970 said:

@Vietfox said:

That's not quite fair. I mean a 4 man swf of course can communicate about how many totems have been cleansed, but a 4 solo survivor team will always struggle with cleansing all 5 totems, since it pretty much requires everyone to run around the map and find out if all five totems have been cleansed.
    I know killer mains like to make you believe NOED is a punsihment for survivors for not cleansing all 5 totems, but that's BS. It's a way for killers to still win and have a comeback even though they failed. It's not fair to say that it's the survivors fault for not cleansing all 5 totems. I hate DS, but I'd argue that NOED is even worse.

@Vietfox

@ad19970
    I ALWAYS run small game because of noed (and ruin/dh), either if i'm playing solo or with friends.
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@Vietfox said:
    I ALWAYS run small game

My Killer build hates you.

• Vietfox
    Boss said:

@Vietfox said:
    I ALWAYS run small game

My Killer build hates you.

@Boss
    Send a big "thank you" to the massive amount of killers running NOED :wink:
  • NMCKE

@Nickenzie said:
    Theluckyboi said:

Fack off, i am tired that every thread in feedback, balance and general discussions is about NOED and Decisive being overpowered because there are a lot, and i mean A LOT of ways to counter these 2.

Hmm, how would feel if there was a perk that allowed the killer completely regress a generator's progress once per trial? It likely wouldn't feel good for you since all of your progress is gone. It's the same thing with DS and NOED to a certain extent, they need to be changed.

Why can´t you cleanse all the totems? why can´t you throw the survivor each two seconds? why can´t you use borrowed time? why can´t you use enduring or unnerving pressence?

Both are necessary perks with a lot of nerfs and can be countered if you actually care about them

Have you tried cleansing 5 totems yourself just to get NOED because you thought that you cleansed every totem? Have you ever faced a non obsession DS? Have the DS user never landed beside a hook and you had to find another survivor?

It seems like you are being one sided about things.

• ad19970

@Vietfox said:
    ad19970 said:

@Vietfox said:

@Vietfox

@a@ad19970
    I ALWAYS run small game because of noed (and ruin/dh), either if i'm playing solo or with friends.

That's a good tactic. But even then I just find it unfair to punish survivors that do good and have no way of finding all 5 totems except for running around the map like headless chickens. I always love how people complain about DS but think NOED is totally fine.
    But I've always thought of using small game just because of Ruin.

@Vietfox

• thesuicidefox

@Vietfox Killers run Ruin and NOED. Camps the first person. There is literally no way that you can do 5 gens and 5 totems before they die, and once they do you're chances of finishes gens goes down the drain. You either gen rush and proc NOED, or you don't do gens and look for totems. Either way the killer walks away with at minimum a 2k, likely 3k/4k because of the circumstances. Don't sit there and tell me you can either because the math says it's impossible. And like people keep saying, if you are solo you don't have a way to know how many totems are done. It's the absolute most braindead, easiest and cheesiest way to play killer.

• ad19970

@thesuicidefox said:
    @Vietfox Killers run Ruin and NOED. Camps the first person. There is literally no way that you can do 5 gens and 5 totems before they die, and once they do you're chances of finishes gens goes down the drain. You either gen rush and proc NOED, or you don't do gens and look for totems. Either way the killer walks away with at minimum a 2k, likely 3k/4k because of the circumstances. Don't sit there and tell me you can either because the math says it's impossible. And like people keep saying, if you are solo you don't have a way to know how many totems are done. It's the absolute most braindead, easiest and cheesiest way to play killer.

Good point with the camping. It's a really terrible perk.

• franticpig29
    franticpig29 Member Posts: 102
    edited December 2018

They should make it where when survivors die they can't see the killers perks and ad ons till end of game. So that SWF can't tell the others what perks the killer has when they die.

• Vietfox
    @ad19970 @thesuicidefox
    Both DS and NOED are fine.
    Yes, it's difficult to cleanse and repair 5 totems/gens when someone is being camped, but i'm pretty sure you won't depip.
    PS: two things i know when i'm playing solo:
    1 - survivors are so altruistic (so i dont even try to rescue people because i already know someone else is gonna do it)
    2 - no one does totems (thats why i run small game instead of self care)
  • ad19970

@Vietfox said:
    @ad19970 @thesuicidefox
    Yes, it's difficult to cleanse and repair 5 totems/gens when someone is being camped, but i'm pretty sure you won't depip.
    1 - survivors are so altruistic (so i dont even try to rescue people because i already know someone else is gonna do it)

Fair enough. Just in my opinion both perks reward the player for failure, or better said, give the player a second chance. Though non obsessions DS has been nerfed thanks to the new hook placement.
    I don't know. I used to use NOED, but now I just feel like the game is gifting me with kills whenever I use the perk because I didn't do well enough to get kills myself.

@Vietfox

• Vietfox
    ad19970 said:

@Vietfox said:
    @ad19970 @thesuicidefox

Fair enough. Just in my opinion both perks reward the player for failure, or better said, give the player a second chance. Though non obsessions DS has been nerfed thanks to the new hook placement.
    I don't know. I used to use NOED, but now I just feel like the game is gifting me with kills whenever I use the perk because I didn't do well enough to get kills myself.

@Vietfox

@ad19970
    I used to run noed at first, then i dropped it, and now i'm using it mainly on LF. Why? Because of the speed boost, not actually because of the one shot hit.
  • Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Welcome to DbD
    Before suggesting changes nerfs or buff would be great if you have more play time

Based on what you say you have bought the game just recently which lead to don't know the game enough to ask such things

For now just play and get better instead of asking the removal of perks, thanks
  • Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469

@SpongeBob420Pants said:

Cleanse the totems ... It removes it from game

Okay, as long a gen rushing has a simular effect on survivors, if they complete gens "too fast" they should get less points.

As long as its a One-and-done kind of perk, i dont get a crud how you change it.

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    edited December 2018

@MyFreddyIsBae said:
    Noed is not even THAT good.  I honestly stopped using Hex perks.  (yes, even ruin,gens get done super fast anyway) because hex totems get destroyed in one second, lmao

NOED is fantastic....but only against really bad survivors. In fact, all hexes I have found to be awesome...but only when playing against bad survivors.

I agree: good survivors get them out of the game too quick...Then I am stuck with empty perk slots.

• thesuicidefox
    edited December 2018

@Vietfox said:
    @ad19970 @thesuicidefox

No you will definitely depip. Let's do some math here...

Letting a guy die on a hook automatically drops your Benevolence to 0, so you get no points there.

If you are lucky to not be the second or third caught and escape you can get an iri Unbroken, so 4 points.

You never got chased. 0 Chaser. Maybe if you stayed close to the killer while they camped you can get a bronze. Let's be generous and say 1 point.

That's 5 points. You need 4 points in Lightbringer to pip, which is iridescent. That means you need to do 3 full gens solo which won't happen. The best you could hope for there is 2 solo, but that's 160 seconds which means the first guy is dead and someone else is on the hook. Again let's be generous and say you get those 2 gens, that's gold. 3 points.

We are now at 8 points. That's a safety pip. Literally the best you can hope for in these games.

Again it is mathematically impossible to do 5 gens and 5 totems before the first guy dies. If you even do 1 totem (Ruin) that would often enough to bork the gens and not finish them all before another person gets caught. Once that second person is caught, the only way you can escape is hatch, and only if the other guy gets caught.

I'd like to see you go into a game against a camper using Ruin/NOED combo and do all 5 gens and 5 totems and only the first guy dies. Yea MAYBE it's possible if the killer is awful and you can hide most of the game but against any sort of competent killer, 3 of you will die if you stop gens to do totems. And if you rush gens, at least 2 of you will die (first one camped at start of the trial, second one gets hit with NOED and camped).

• Incarnate
    Incarnate Member Posts: 677
    edited December 2018

@ad19970 said:

@Vietfox said:

@Vietfox

Thats just one of the reasons why SWF shouldn't be a part of a seperate mode of play, and not part of whats considered normal play, which is basically ranked - thats competitive play. In ranked competitive play there is no room for something creates such a big balance issue as SWF does.

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    Nickenzie said:

@Nickenzie said:
    Theluckyboi said:

Why can´t you cleanse all the totems? why can´t you throw the survivor each two seconds? why can´t you use borrowed time? why can´t you use enduring or unnerving pressence?

Both are necessary perks with a lot of nerfs and can be countered if you actually care about them

Have you tried cleansing 5 totems yourself just to get NOED because you thought that you cleansed every totem? Have you ever faced a non obsession DS? Have the DS user never landed beside a hook and you had to find another survivor?

😄[1] LOL
  • CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540

The last vault change

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    Wher is lol buton when i need him?!
  • Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    CornChip said:

The last vault change

That was unneeded but instead of design better some maps they decided for the lazy route
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    DS needs removing entirely.

If you want a free escape, hope your team is good with a flashlight or they've been sabotaging hooks.
  • CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540

@Malakir said:
    CornChip said:

The last vault change

That was unneeded but instead of design better some maps they decided for the lazy route

Agree completely

• SpongeBob420Pants
    SpongeBob420Pants Member Posts: 118

@Vietfox said:

In solo queue, just for NOED? It's pretty annoying.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@SpongeBob420Pants said:

@Vietfox said:

Dark Sense counters NOED. Just hide near the exit that the Killer is checking first, and when they go for the other one, open it and walk out.

• NMCKE
    Nickenzie said:

@Nickenzie said:
    Theluckyboi said:

😄[1] LOL

• NMCKE
    Orion said:

@SpongeBob420Pants said:

@Vietfox said:

Dark Sense counters NOED. Just hide near the exit that the Killer is checking first, and when they go for the other one, open it and walk out.

Actually, I tend to use Deliverance instead of Small Game because NOED is heavily countered by Deliverance. Usually I'll play stealthy and get a safe unhook to proc my Deliverance for the endgame. When the killer NOED me, hooks me, and then chases the other survivors out, I'll kobe and run to the hatch (or second exit gate).

The main problem with is you just don't see it coming. It's the reason why Rancor is fairly balanced since it gives the obsession a warning to gtfo or suffer the punishments. Another thing, NOED is OP in solo Q but SWF it's a joke. They need to make the perk less punishing to the solo Q survivors while remaining strong to the killer. How would this version work @Orion?

No One Escapes Death:

Your rage from losing your prey calls upon the Entity to aid you. Any dull totem remaining in the trial will have this Hex applied to it when the exit gates are powered. Gain a 6/8/10% movement speed increase and all survivors will suffer from the doomed status effect. The Hex effect's persists as long as the related Hex totem is standing.

Doomed Status Effect:

Survivors are marked for death by the Entity.
    -Suvivors can be killed by the killer via mori.

If that doesn't work, show every survivor when the last generator is completed if they are exposed or not. Rancor does this and it does its job by telling the obsession to be careful so why not with NOED?
  • Orion

@Nickenzie said:
    Your rage from losing your prey calls upon the Entity to aid you. Any dull totem remaining in the trial will have this Hex applied to it when the exit gates are powered. Gain a 6/8/10% movement speed increase and all survivors will suffer from the doomed status effect. The Hex effect's persists as long as the related Hex totem is standing.

Doomed Status Effect:

If that doesn't work, show every survivor when the last generator is completed if they are exposed or not. Rancor does this and it does its job by telling the obsession to be careful so why not with NOED?

That sounds absurdly overpowered, beyond anything that has ever existed in the game.

• NMCKE
    Orion said:

@Nickenzie said:

Doomed Status Effect:

That sounds absurdly overpowered, beyond anything that has ever existed in the game.

Hex perks can be disabled, especially NOED and the survivors will get a warning (notification saying they are doomed). Trust me, I'll rather get mori'd by a killer who won a chase against me then have the killer insta down me because I didn't know a totem was still up.
  • Orion

@Nickenzie said:
    Hex perks can be disabled, especially NOED and the survivors will get a warning (notification saying they are doomed). Trust me, I'll rather get mori'd by a killer who won a chase against me then have the killer insta down me because I didn't know a totem was still up.

I'm not sure you understand just how massive a 10% movement speed increase really is, and you want it per dull totem, meaning there's a theoretical 50% maximum. That would put the Killers' speed at 165%, or roughly half that of the Nurse when she's blinking.

• Goldengeartwo
    Goldengeartwo Member Posts: 79
    But my end-game Freddy 
  • NMCKE
    Orion said:

@Nickenzie said:

I'm not sure you understand just how massive a 10% movement speed increase really is, and you want it per dull totem, meaning there's a theoretical 50% maximum. That would put the Killers' speed at 165%, or roughly half that of the Nurse when she's blinking.

Not per dull totem, worded badly lol.
  • Orion

@Nickenzie said:

Even just 10% is already a massive increase.

• NMCKE
    Orion said:

@Nickenzie said:

Even just 10% is already a massive increase.

Yeah, but you'll have to consider that my version will warn you that the killer has NOED by showing you that you're doomed. The current version doesn't tell you that the killer has NOED until after you're in dying state, you had no counter play because you didn't know. I understand, just cleanse all 5 totems which is fair to say but one survivor can only do so much against the killer when his teammates don't aid him in the process. That's why the perk should warn you that you're exposed like Rancor when you're the obsession or get rid of the instant downs for a mori (you'll know the killer can mori you by seeing the doomed status effect to the right). Both choices I'm completely fine with since you know and can have a chance to play around the perk.
  • Orion

@Nickenzie said:
    Yeah, but you'll have to consider that my version will warn you that the killer has NOED by showing you that you're doomed. The current version doesn't tell you that the killer has NOED until after you're in dying state, you had no counter play because you didn't know. I understand, just cleanse all 5 totems which is fair to say but one survivor can only do so much against the killer when his teammates don't aid him in the process. That's why the perk should warn you that you're exposed like Rancor when you're the obsession or get rid of the instant downs for a mori (you'll know the killer can mori you by seeing the doomed status effect to the right). Both choices I'm completely fine with since you know and can have a chance to play around the perk.

There is counterplay. Just like how you don't know if the Killer has BBQ, you can still take steps to prevent it. I already mentioned Dark Sense as an easy counter to NOED.

• NMCKE
    Orion said:

@Nickenzie said:

There is counterplay. Just like how you don't know if the Killer has BBQ, you can still take steps to prevent it. I already mentioned Dark Sense as an easy counter to NOED.

BBQ is easy to counter but NOED is much more arduous for the single survivor. It's why NOED is weak on SWF and strong on Solo Q survivors because it's not just you doing everything.
  • Orion

@Nickenzie said:
    BBQ is easy to counter but NOED is much more arduous for the single survivor. It's why NOED is weak on SWF and strong on Solo Q survivors because it's not just you doing everything.

NOED has more counters than breaking totems. You can also hide near one of the exits, like I said, wait for the Killer to go to the other one, and then leave. You don't have to disable NOED for it to cease being a threat. The Killer can't use NOED if they can't find you.

• NMCKE
    Orion said:

@Nickenzie said:

NOED has more counters than breaking totems. You can also hide near one of the exits, like I said, wait for the Killer to go to the other one, and then leave. You don't have to disable NOED for it to cease being a threat. The Killer can't use NOED if they can't find you.

Actually, I'll make a thread on how to make NOED feel great for both sides instead of crowding this thread. I'll @ you on my thread because you seem very civilized to discuss things with! :)
  • Orion

@Nickenzie said:
    Actually, I'll make a thread on how to make NOED feel great for both sides instead of crowding this thread. I'll @ you on my thread because you seem very civilized to discuss things with! :)

First thing I do on every forum I join is disable notifications. You're better off just finding a thread I'm actively engaged in and dropping a link there.

• NMCKE
    Orion said:

@Nickenzie said:

First thing I do on every forum I join is disable notifications. You're better off just finding a thread I'm actively engaged in and dropping a link there.

Well, it's made! :)
  • Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340
    I honestly believe removing NOED is unnecessary. We need a cleansed totem counter for solo survivors because cleansing 5 totems by yourself is a little much.