Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Nemesis Needs more than 2 Zombies

SasukeKun
SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858
edited July 2021 in General Discussions

I think he needs a few tweaks to his add ons IMO, lemme tell you why,

with the size of maps like Haddonfield or Dead Dawg Saloon, The Swamp. It is much more threatening to have 3-4 total zombies roaming the map and make a part dangerous than having 2. Yeah, you get those 1/4 chances they are both at the right place at the right time but it lacks pressure, they are slow...super slow..and they get stuck in walls at a corner of a map... if you use addons it helps and they are faster, especially if you use a pink but idk you gotta be a bot imo to get hit by one unless you didn't see it.

Without add ons im almost positive you could use fixated to go around one. If not 4 total zombies then 3 default and then an addon to do something to the zombies an add a 4th spawn. It just makes more sense and their default detection range should be increased, sometimes i've watched some just stand there as someone ran right next to them. Maybe even be slighly faster by default too

Comments

• Schardon
    Schardon Member Posts: 177

I think that could actually be true. Gotta be honest here - this game wasn't coded by experts at launch and thus it has quite a big amount of issues beginning with the installer/updater itself.

The more that gets added onto unoptimized code, the clunkier, more unpredictable and weirded the program becomes.

This game would probably need to get re-written all over to get it straight and stable again. Thing is - this takes a huge amount of time and effort and of course money, so I don't think this will ever happen.

Biggest chance is to maybe get DbD2 at some point...

• SasukeKun

Have you overlooked the part where without addons you can almost scoot by them with fixated ? Someone should try it, and i think 3-4 wouldn't be oppressive, the maps are huge.

• SasukeKun

Thanks for you input but as you said, other people experience different things in their matches. For me, i still feel adding more life to the zombies would make it better, Nemesis could be one of the more complex killers that way which is what id want

• SHYHERIST
    SHYHERIST Member Posts: 165

Need to be able to point to a zombie spot. Or remove the zombies and strengthen the main force.

• SasukeKun

nah keep the zombies i love them, they just a little bit of fixin

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,927

This question was already answered by a Developer: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221714#Comment_2221714

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

He really don't

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    edited July 2021

I see a lot of people calling them useless but the amount of times they've chased someone off a gen or been at the loop I'm at and I can either bait the survivor into them or get the hit easier is crazy. I've had some of them just stay near almost complete gens and scare the players away or block shack/god bus window. It's probably a (I forget the term) where you simply aren't remembering how often they actually work out for you. Like how you're 3 times more likely to remember when they were useless then when they were useful.

They are very rng heavy but thats kind of the point isn't it? He's still a 115 Killer with a (relatively) decent power. He doesn't really even need them, they're just a fun bonus.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,059

Permission Problem

You don't have permission to do that.

Official Dead by Daylight Channels

Seems like the post is somewhere where normal Forum Users cannot read it.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,927

Thanks for pointing that out @Aven_Fallen I've copied it to here:

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

he doesnt, I think right now the zombies behavior and amount is in a near perfect position.

• TheBus4K
    TheBus4K Member Posts: 256

I understand that there are killers that are better on some maps than on others, but the problem with Nemesis is that zombies are only good on indoor maps, which are 5 in total, against the other 31 outdoor maps.

If you can't really add more zombies because it affects performance (as @TragicSolitude said), you shouldn't have built the zombie mechanic from the beginning. There is no point in creating something that cannot be balanced because it can affect performance.

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

That just tells you something about the games programming. Can’t even have more than two zombies? I flip on total war war hammer and get more frames than DBD with 12,000 units running around sometimes.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

It's hard for the game to handle more than 2 zombies.

🙂

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

On contrary, I think having 1 zombie you could designate to stay near 1 gen/patrol multiple might be a better idea and give more strategy

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Then there should be more survivors. Zombies doing the job for the killer is not exactly fair.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

That's great news, this is the time of stuff I like seeing from the developers — even if it's not confirmed. I'd like to see the amount of zombies that would be in a map be based on the area of land that's usable for the survivors.

It's like putting a pack of sugar in a coffee cup, versus putting a pack of sugar in a litter of coffee. They obviously won't taste the same and that's what we want to avoid — we need more / less zombies to get the same, intended map pressure, across all maps.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

We make sure that by any means a Killer's power is not impaired by map characteristic.

For me, playing on the Xbox One X, that isn't true.

If I were to try to play Blight or Billy on Hawkins, Lery's or RCPD; I'd find it very difficult to use their powers at ALL, much less as intended.

• Kharbarg
    Kharbarg Member Posts: 126

I think the same.

Zombies are ok as they are.

They are annoying but fun and fair.

They are helpful but not op.

I feel Nemesis is a great balance killer. I enjoy play against him and I enjoy play as him.

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977

Nah 2 is already enough. You know how many times ive already been cucked by a Zombie that you cant hear because chase music is too loud? Only to have it body block a path on you, get a free hit and then Nemesis downs you a second after.

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

He doesn't need more Zombies, he needs a complete redesign and a proper killer power that isn't a mix of old killers.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Disagree completely. They're already incredibly annoying as is. It's hard to see their effect as killer, but they can be a pain from the survivor perspective.

• Snapshot
    Snapshot Member Posts: 914

I just don't understand why performance would be an issue, as the zombie AI should definitely be handled by the server and not the clients.

And to render 2 more characters in Unreal engine... performance impact is none-existant. Especially the models they used for zombies

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

He doesn't need more zombies, he needs revamped zombies that are a threat, not an annoyance.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,139

Will the PTB 5.0.0 feedback section ever go public again? One of the developers mentioned that they tried as many as four zombies on a map, but forum users don't have access to that anymore, and it's a shame that there are some interesting comments about the process behind Nemesis that now can't be reached.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

I think nemesis only needs like 1 more zombie on the really big maps.

• You say? I once had a game on RPD map, I was sitting on the hall gen and there was a nearby zombie who did nothing for the whole game and I safely did the gen.

Is this a perfect behavior?

• dirtsmell
    dirtsmell Member Posts: 46

I'm of two minds.

In one: more would be fun, and helpful(!) on the really big maps, Ormond/RPD/etc.

On the other: they are so useful as they are. Even if they aren't downing survivors left and right - which, can't be overstated that that's not actually their purpose anyway. They are time wasters for survivors, forcing them to break from whatever they're doing to either lure the thing away, or blind it. And even better, they're informational for the killer. I was playing Nemmy last night and don't have BBQ for him yet. But I "almost" didn't need it. (Still would have loved those sweet, sweet bloodpoints.) Seemingly every time I hooked someone and looked around, there was a zombie, somewhere, with it's arms out telling me where a survivor was, or one was in its "blind sway" state, telling me, again, a survivor was nearby.

I'd say I could get behind an offering that added one. Like Piggy and her extra bear trap offering. Something fun for every now and again, but not base kit.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    edited July 2021

Have y'all seen how badly the game performs on current gen console? And no matter how bad it is on there, the situation is so much worse for the last gen players for they are in a world of utter suffering and pain. The game even chugs on certain PCs and graphic card brands

I fully believe them when they say anything more than 2 zombies blew the game up because this game is filled to the brim with spaghetti and prayers that the code will hold because BHVR's content release plan really doesn't give the team any time to fix the bugs that pile up with every other update

Back in 2018-2019 there were sound bugs, visual bugs, movement bugs, and all other kinds of horrible stuff that happened every other update sometimes all at once, this game is very unoptimized

What needs to be done at the very least is zombies should have faster movement speeds on big maps and the same or lower speed on small maps. Adjusting the way the addons and base speed are capped is essential

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

I’ve literally lost multiple games just because of the 2 zombies harassing every gen combined with ruin. He absolutely does not need more. Maybe +1 as an iridescent, but that’s it.

• muddywater
    muddywater Member Posts: 22

If they can't do more zombies, then AI control should be base kit. You could look at a gen, activate your power, and if a zombie is near it they go to it. Or after highlighting a gen, the next zombie respawns near it.

I would also buff the base zombie movespeed.

• Snapshot

Zombies should be "smarter". Cmon BHVR it's not that hard. When Gen is turned on (>0% progress) then the gen emits noise (is loud) and so the zombies should check them out automatically.

• Snapshot

It's because they lock down PTB 5.0 feedback after the PTB ends so no on can see all the feedback they got and changed nothing to live.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

What I noticed that Zombies randomly roaming around until a survivor getting close then it's movement homing to the survivor.

In random encounter, Zombies are useless.

In doing Objective, Zombies randomly disturb you and force you to waste at least 30sec, if Ruin is up, Gen is pretty much reset (RNG)

In chase, Zombies can lock down a loops if its happen to be there when you're in chase (another RNG).

I think, there should be more Zombies (3 or 4), except each Zombie only roaming around a certain area. So they generally will occasion disturb survivors more than usual. But they will not cluttered and make that area impossible to run from Nemesis.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495
  • Drywatr
    Drywatr Member Posts: 135

If nemesis had even 1 extra zombie it would probably cause all console and low spec pc players to explode there systems. He might need it but this game cant handle it. Instead zombies should be programmed to be smarter

• FrndlyChnswSalzmn
    FrndlyChnswSalzmn Member Posts: 705

Nah, he's fine. 3 zombies would be crazy overpowered and 4 would be broken.

• Neamy
    Neamy Member Posts: 359

Better to add a zombie after two gens are done, then another after two more gens are done

• InList
    InList Member Posts: 85

They should respawn after being immobile for 30 seconds. I had one sit in a z wall all game on red forest.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,161

I think 2 zombies as base is fine, but I would be all for an add-on which may add 1 or 2 extra zombies!