Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Nemesis Needs more than 2 Zombies

2»

Comments

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

Is this specifically talking about the Zombies? If Not id have to say thats a bold faced LIE, because Haddonfield HELL exists and it most definitely impacts killers compared to other maps

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,750

While developing Nemmy they had an extra zom zom as an iri add-on. Upon testing it wreaked game performance bad enough to be scrapped and changed.

So we're are back at two.

• SasukeKun
  • BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

I agree but one thing, Dead dawg saloon is big? #########

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,860

I would’ve assumed having an extra zombie or two as an add-on would be a no-brainer for the devs. He has two crappy add-ons (I forget atm) that could be replaced with this.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

Zombies are already annoying playing as survivor though.

There has been times where zombies have pushed me off gens & forcing me to kite the zombie away from it.

Or the zombies happen to be around the corner in a loop.

Or an indoor map where they literally block hallways.

And of course the only way to kill them is to waste pallets, a limited resource.

The only thing that needs to be fixed is the AI getting stuck and perhaps improving the pathing on larger maps so they don’t uselessly hang around dead zones.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,290

Don't add more zombies - Instead increase their movement speed so they cover more ground + can be kited easier and improve pathing so they stop getting stuck.

• SasukeKun
  • Killing_Time
    Killing_Time Member Posts: 894

Performance already in the toilet on everything BUT PC LOL

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

You think zombies getting stuck on rocks/ trees/ nothing is perfect? Swamp maps and red forest bug them out so often it isn't funny.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,750

Scroll back up a few post before yours for an answer to this.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Nope, say what I'll said in the other threads.

They -are- helping you even if they aren't getting hits. They detect players on gens and force them off from quite a distance and can be incredibly obnoxious with Ruin and Surveillance.

Just because they aren't getting you hits it does in no way mean they arent helping you.

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109

uh literally every indoor map impacts blight, oni and billy.

I can never use their powers in indoor maps.

• Pizzaman
    Pizzaman Member Posts: 500

Why would increasing the number of zombies from 2 to 4 make Nemesis a complex killer? The zombies are not even controlled by Nemesis, they are wandering around autonomously.

And when you say "adding more life to the zombies" to me it just sound like "make them stronger in a certain way" or "make them have more impact on the gameplay". Zombies are already RNG, the game needs less RNG but more skill based gameplay.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

Kinda agree, i was baffled to see that he had addons that would increase zombie movespeed...instead of just spawning one or two more...

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

I'm indifferent to the idea of more zombies honestly, but I do wish they were at least a little bit faster by default. 1 m/s is painfully slow and ridiculously easy for survivors to deal with, especially in the open maps, where a survivor can do almost half a gen by the time a zombie pushes them away from it. The way I see it, the default 1 m/s speed would be fine if the zombies gained a movement speed boost upon detecting a survivor. Preferably it would be a .5 movement speed boost, but even a .25 one would be a QoL change in the right direction for them since movement speed is often what determines if a zombie will actually be able to hit a survivor or not.

I mean, the Detection range add-ons for the zombies are rendered pretty useless when you realize that it doesn't matter if they detect a survivor from behind them at 20 meters away, if it's going to take the zombie 20 seconds to reach them at 1m/s. However, add that default movement speed buff of .25 m/s when detecting a survivor, and another .25 m/s per detection add-on resulting in a total 1.5 m/s, and now you have a zombie that will detect the survivor at 20 meters away and reach them within 13.333333~ seconds for using 1 detection add-on, or 11.4 seconds with both add-ons. Likewise Pairing the detection add-ons with the base movement speed improvement add-ons makes them even faster when detecting a survivor, bringing up the best possible movement speed to 2.5 m/s upon detecting a survivor, and 2m/s when just wandering the map.

Overall, as it is, the Movement speed add-ons completely trump the detection ones currently, because having the zombies cover more distance when wandering increases the odds of running into survivors + having the speed to cause them trouble vs. spotting survivors less often at a greater range, but being only mildly annoying to them. In all honesty, even in the Resident Evil games, the Zombies always move faster upon spotting you, so I don't see why this Idea shouldn't be considered for the zombies in DbD.

• SasukeKun

yeah i don't know where that reason came from cuz they don't help some matches at all not because of power, it's half because of glitching

• Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594

I've honestly had a lot of luck with my zombies, only had about 100 games but just the random subtle Intel they provide sometimes can be great, sure they bug out sometimes but that's easily dealt with, they definitely not op, I don't think I'd call them underpowered either.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

If the zombies are stuck, hit them with your tentacle. Free mutation and it only takes like 15 seconds for them to respawn.

Maybe a Rare or Ultra add-on for an extra zombie, but honestly, 2 is more than enough. WIth his move speed and ranged attack, Nemesis is already in a decent spot. 3 or more zombies would make him oppressive AF. If there was another way to destroy them without wasting a pallet, I don't see why more couldn't be base, but as it is now, it's fine imo.

• SasukeKun

I've had multiple matches where they just glitch between a rock, MID chase or something. Glitching and not working properly doesn't really mesh with being balanced, 2nd like others said there's a lot of add ons that give you literally useless additions that aren't gonna affect crap. I shouldn't have to stop looking for survivors wasting precious time while they gen rush, cuz of a glitch. That's just part of the issue i see with Nemesis, he just needs tweaks but he is pretty solid

• SasukeKun

Work in a certain way as in work properly for one, yes :)

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,277

No... I'm already annoyed by daddy tentacle and his band of zombies. They are always blocking gens and on my way when i'm trying to get to places. I absolutely hate Nemesis

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

Yesterday I had a match where I was trying to fix. A zombie comes and of course I had to stop and try to get him away. On the process of that, another of the zombies shows up, so now there is two of them on me. And of course Nemesis didn't take long to come too. Ended up being downed by one of the zombies, because I had no place to run from 3 enemies. I know things like these don't happen all the time, but the more zombies that there are, the more annoying it is to avoid them, be it on a chase or just doing other stuff. Sometimes they even stand very near to a hooked survivor, preventing saves.

• SasukeKun

Let's also not forget Nemesis Add on that Exposes you for 12 seconds is also not enough, we learned that with the Twins, 9/10 times they are out running you in 12 seconds.