Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Would buffing Inner Strength....

Huge_Bush
Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,303

make it over powered if it allowed you to cleanse two totems and have two heals in queue? It's getting really tiresome to look for totems only to find someone else cleansed them 😭

Comments

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,476

I think its fine as it is

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,564

I think it's fine the way it is though it would be a lot more convenient if it did store more than 1 heal at a time.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
    edited July 2021

But buff will make it really good. If i destroyed 5 totems, i have to keep 5 heal stacks. This will make this perk meta i am sure. Because i can imagine people keeping 2 or 3 stacks and then looping killer and doing locker numbers. This will be fun.

• Sadsnacks
    Sadsnacks Member Posts: 677

It would be nice if it also had a totem count like small game.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

I think its generally fine at the moment.

I know it would be sort of busted if you could do this... but...

I really wish you could prep the perk with multiple totem cleanses. Like, tokens are something.

• Huge_Bush

Nah, I was thinking to limit it to 2 saved heals just because there are others in the group that use it. If anything, it would promote survivors to cleanse totems more.

• Moisette
    Moisette Member Posts: 127

I've actually wanted that to be a thing for a while. I'd like to be able to cleanse every totem I can without worrying about not being able to heal later. A lot of people seem to ignore totems, so I typically try to cleanse as many as I can. I've even been told I did nothing all match because I cleansed 3 or more totems and only did 2 gens and healed 2 people.

I get this satisfaction from cleansing totems - kind of like popping bubble wrap - so I cleanse every one I can. I do acknowledge it's my own fault for cleansing them all at once instead of cleansing one, healing, then cleansing another for another heal xD;

• Huge_Bush

I'm the same. I giggle to myself when I cleanse a totem- Muahahahahaha no NoEd for you Mr Killer. I don't need to save 5 heals, just two, it's all I ask.

And I get the same complaints as you do. I cleanse totems, do two gens, unhook safely and heal, body block, take hits for someone and do my best to take the heat off of someone thats on death hook. Heck, I would literally stand still, in front of the killer, so they can get to me and leave the other guy alone, and I would still get complaints that I'm doing nothing.

• Wiggles_Diggles
    Wiggles_Diggles Member Posts: 180

While it would be a nice thing to have there are a few reasons as of why this should not be the case.

First it is already and extremely strong perk and in my opinion doesn't need a buff. It is one of the two perks I always run when playing solo because of how good it is at healing you.

The other reason is I don't think the devs would be able to program something like that into the game considering the cant even get the game to work properly.

• Huge_Bush

Yea, with their track record, a new bug would spawn that would probably end up locking me in a locker.

• JasonIsADove
    JasonIsADove Member Posts: 45
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

It would be nice if Inner Strength gave you a cleanse speed increase while injured.

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236

Anything that gets survivors off gens is whatever to me 🤷‍♂️

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I really wish we could stack them like that.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,935

Making it Tokenbased would be bad since everyone would run it. There would then be 1 guy with 4 Tokens, 1 with 1 and the game says f*** y** to the rest.

Mabye decreasing the healing time down to 5/6/7 seconds would be decent. But the Perk now is decent still.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

Honestly I really like the idea of being to store 2 heals. You're able to bring any medkit with addons and get 2 really fast heals for free. Why not make Inner Strength be able to store 2 heals? You can theoretically heal 5 times off of it anyway, it wouldn't change it too much.

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 869

I feel like a small buff like that wouldn't make the perk overpowered. You'll still only be able to heal up to 5 times and it's mostly going to be a solo queue buff as in SWF, they would leave the totems to you anyways.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I think Inner strength is one of the few very balanced perks imo

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187
    edited July 2021

I think if Inner Strength stacked every time you cleansed a totem, it would just be a better Small Game.

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

Inner strength can never be OP, since multiple people using it has diminishing returns.

• Alionis
    Alionis Member Posts: 1,019

A token system for inner strength would certainly be a nice buff.

• aroell
    aroell Member Posts: 477

I don’t know why it would be op, I mean you would still have to cleanse 5 totems for 5 heals.

• NVerde
    NVerde Member Posts: 264

I would love there to be a counter on it, at minimum. It's annoying looking for a totem to have a heal in reserve when the totem doesn't even exist anymore.

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 929

This. If Inner Strength actually became powerful enough a perk on its own to be the meta go-to for healing, it would automatically either stop being powerful or stop being used as much. There are only 5 Inner Strength heals total to go around in a match, that is an impractically low amount for 4 survivors. Plus it suffers in another way too from popularity: now you have multiple people searching for totems most if not all of which have already been cleansed, so unless they also equip something like Small Game, they will be wasting a lot of time.

Inner Strength is in a fairly fine spot, it does not need buffs nearly as direly as a ton of other perks in this game, but it could also totally do with buffs and it would not be problematic. Buffering heals, highlighting locker auras, a shorter time to heal when in locker, suppressing injured noises while in a locker, increasing the time to exit and enter lockers, removing the Blindness effect when in a locker, ... just some ideas.

• bobateo
    bobateo Member Posts: 368

That'd be a good buff to Inner Strength. Not too strong and would incentivize totem cleansing even more.

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628

This is why Inner Strength is paired with Small Game usually. I run a locker build on my main. Inner Strength/Small Game/Head On. Last perk I change between Bond (great info on what teammates are doing), Deception (another fun locker perk).

I think IS is okay right now. As somebody pointed out before that more people using it will result in less totems for you to use.

If I had to buff inner strength in any way I'd like to give it a treatment similar to counterforce. After healing (when leaving locker) using IS, any totems within 8/16/24m are revealed to you for 3s. This would be similar to Left Behind but totem instead of hatch. It doesn't guarantee an aura as it may be far, but can help you get that next stack quick.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

Five for one person if no one else cleanses. If there is a Hex, and someone find it before you, it's four potential heals. If someone else is running Inner Strenght, a great totem battle is starting.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

and survivors wanna put down killer buffs. smh.