what realm should get a new map??

Options

I'm all in for new realms and all that but when new realms only get 1 map it's kinda sad ://

I am really hoping for a new leryes with 50# inside and 50% outside

what realm needs a new map ?

Comments

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

It would be cool to see a Lery's basement-esque map with a morgue etc.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243
    Options

Lerys outdoor.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

Well it is not swamp we all know that.

I would love to see a new Asylum map. I just love the setting. It has 2 maps already so it doesn't count I guess.

Then my vote would be for preschool. I love that map's setting too.

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Options
    Ok So hear me out my idea is a indoor map but it has 4 Floors in which all the gens could be spaced the basement floor which has the basement and is the only place the hatch spawns with rng and a exit first floor that has the gates no gens floors 3 has 3 gens and floor4 has 4 gens simple but easy to work with because if you run a basement build you got to chase survivors to it first or near it which side of the building up to the devs could be one of 4 corners or even the middle entrance or multiple like the game while the gates are one one floor means if the killer locks down the middle floor they got a 3 gen straight and loads of close corner to jump scare and if somone wants the hatch they have to risk your territory that has loads of hooks to the other floors and pallets as there used for the other 3
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

All realms with only 1 map.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options
    Crotus Prenn. Standard maps, easy to see, walls thst can be mind-gamed.

For the love of god please not Lery's or Yamoaka.

Springwood would be nice too I guess.
  • purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661
    Options

@The_Crusader said:
    Crotus Prenn. Standard maps, easy to see, walls thst can be mind-gamed.

For the love of god please not Lery's or Yamoaka.

Springwood would be nice too I guess.

Since they're drawing from the new NoE, there's not much to draw from in terms of mapping. I mean most of it was in their houses, at school(a high school not the school in game which is where they were molested as kids), and a library I think in one scene which would be the most plausible. I wouldn't mind a library map.

Haddonfield I think you can at least have some sort of Main street type thing with the cemetary possibly, but most other locations would be too similar. Maybe include a semi indoors part with the police station since there really is no police station style map yet.

Crotus Penn really doesn't have much else to draw from at the moment. Honestly the Clown could add a more carnival style map rather than just the encampment.

Since the Game implies anything Jigsaw did not a specific location as the meat packing plant was really just its own thing that was contained, you could make more maps from the Saw movies.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640
    Options

@purebalance said:
    Since the Game implies anything Jigsaw did not a specific location as the meat packing plant was really just its own thing that was contained, you could make more maps from the Saw movies.

We can have the mansion from saw, where the needle pool exists!

• MasonHugsCats
    MasonHugsCats Member Posts: 135
    Options
    RSB said:

Clown needs his own realm.

Clown does, I can't remember it's name but the map with the cathedral and a small circus area. It's not that good though and I wonder how a bright and colourful map that's just a huge circus/theme park would work.
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

Gideon meat plant. They could make a map with Jigsaw's hideout/workshop,rooms where trials took place, room where Amenda and Cramer died

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,224
    edited December 2018
    Options

I guess every type of realm should first get up to 3-5 maps to match the Estate , Farm and Wreckers realms

-Crotus could use some Graveyards or other abandoned creepy locations.
    -There could be a generalised"Suburban" realm that has town/village-like locations added, similiar to Haddonfield and Bedlam.
    -I'm not sure about japanese inspired stuff.
    -Lery's either could start a new hospital realm thats outdoor and indoor maps or focus on JUST INDOOR MAPS.
    -Warehouse realm, with generalised double floor fun for survivors.
    -The Game, Haddonfield and Bedlam will probably need to stay their own realms because of license.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

@MasonHugsCats said:
    RSB said:

Clown does, I can't remember it's name but the map with the cathedral and a small circus area. It's not that good though and I wonder how a bright and colourful map that's just a huge circus/theme park would work.

Idk about the rest of the map, but it would be cool to have a small section be a mirror maze.

• NeonAlien
    NeonAlien Member Posts: 328
    Options
    Yamaoka. And I'd love a graveyard in general (maybe for the asylum?) 
  • MasonHugsCats
    MasonHugsCats Member Posts: 135
    Options
    @Boss that is the best idea ever. I was about to write a post about a theme park idea map.
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    edited December 2018
    Options

Haddonfield
    Lery's
    Red Forest
    Springwood
    Meat Plant
    Yamaoka Estate
    6 realms with only 1 map. 3 are licenced and unlikely to happen soon. And LERYS is the oldest.
    So pretty easy answer: Lerys!

Beside, Clown needs a map of his own.

• FoggyDownpour
    FoggyDownpour Member Posts: 288
    Options
    Any map that only has 1 version definately needs more
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@Wolf74 said:
    Haddonfield
    Lery's
    Red Forest
    Springwood
    Meat Plant
    Yamaoka Estate
    6 realms with only 1 map. 3 are licenced and unlikely to happen soon. And LERYS is the oldest.

Yeah Lery's 1st, Red Forest, Clown Map a Circus most definitely and Yamoka needs something.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    edited December 2018
    Options

I wish Bubba could get his own map. Maybe with BBQ event hooks too.

BubbaDeservesMap

• powerbats
    Options

@Kebek said:

BubbaDeservesMap

He has one it's called Thompson House

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

@powerbats said:

@Kebek said:

BubbaDeservesMap

But I want an originial one, real one. That one is hillbilies rip off from times when devs couldn't even imagine they would get Leatherface license. It could come bundeled with rework for Leatherface to make his image in this game more then Hillbillies reskin.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

@Kebek said:

@powerbats said:

@Kebek said:

BubbaDeservesMap

But I want an originial one, real one. That one is hillbilies rip off from times when devs couldn't even imagine they would get Leatherface license. It could come bundeled with rework for Leatherface to make his image in this game more then Hillbillies reskin.

And that way we get another cornmap just for LF? Great idea. :sarcastic:

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,224
    Options

The problem with getting a leatherface map is that the devs didnt buy any rights to any of the movies' locations, meaning that they couldn't make it a TCM map even if they wanted to. They could only make it a "generic new coldwind farm map"

We already have 5 coldwind farm maps. I think its time to fill the other realms up first.

• powerbats
    Options

@Wolf74 said:

@Kebek said:

@powerbats said:

@Kebek said:

BubbaDeservesMap

And that way we get another cornmap just for LF? Great idea. :sarcastic:

I was thinking the same thing when I responded and as @Raptorrotas pointed out the licensing isn't worth it.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options
    Underground asylum map which is a church and an underground dungeon/cultist den.
  • raw_bean
    raw_bean Member Posts: 20
    Options

@RSB said:

Denied - Clown's travelling circus needs to visit other realms. A new Red Forest map with the circus tents would be a good start.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

@Thatbrownmonster said:
    I'm all in for new realms and all that but when new realms only get 1 map it's kinda sad ://

I am really hoping for a new leryes with 50# inside and 50% outside

what realm needs a new map ?

We still haven't received a TRUE carnival map so I don't care what realm it is just please consider revisiting the idea.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    Options

@RSB said:

Wait.

He shares The Nurse's Realm then

what does that mean

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,779
    Options

Haddonfield. There's a plethora of Halloween movies for them to base a new one off.

• RotBb
    RotBb Member Posts: 396
    Options
    I think it should be a new realm, not attached to a killer. 
  • HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

I would love another Red Forest map, maybe it's around a sawmill? Another map of this new place we got would be great as well. I love scenic maps and I would like to see other maps that the Clown visited, maybe he visited the Macmillan Estate once and we could have a traveling carnival over there?

• Canextro
    Canextro Member Posts: 71
    edited December 2018
    Options

I don't really care what realm actually gets maps but they need to release more maps regularly. The original three are stocked full of iterations. Since so many of the textures are universal in different realm iterations, I don't think it would be an impossibility but they release new maps so rarely. It would peak my interest in the game much more over a more prolonged period of time. Right now, besides cosmetic releases being much more common, it can be a bit boring.

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    Options
    Wolf74 said:

Haddonfield
    Lery's
    Red Forest
    Springwood
    Meat Plant
    Yamaoka Estate

They could solve the licensing issues and some of the single-map realms issues by consolidating locations as sub-maps of other realms.

Suburbs Realm: Springwood, Haddonfield
    This would open up the possibility of more suburban-style maps, since both of the current suburban Realms are licensed.

Abandoned Buildings Realm: Lery's, Gideon, a funhouse-type map for the clown

Wilderness Realm: Red Forest, Legion's map

As for the Clown, I think each outdoor Realm should have one map with the traveling carnival.

Yamaoka is the only map where this approach falls apart. I would like to see more Eastern-themed maps anyway, so maybe it could be in it's own realm for now.

Some of these might not work. It depends on whether map assets are tied to Realms. Since the current multi-map Realms have assets that are only used on one of the maps (the main buildings), it should be possible. It seems like the lighting is Realm-specific, so that might need more thought.

The other thing to consider are the map offerings. I think the current offerings specific to map that would become sub-realms should be changed to reflect the new overall Realm, but have a secondary effect that increases the chance of the killer's personal map. For example, both the Jigsaw Piece and the Shattered Glasses would increase the chance of getting an "Abandoned Building" map, but they would give a higher priority among those maps to either The Game or Lery's.