Making it possible for the survivors to see the gamertag of who they will be facing due to grievance

Options
So I have had someone harassing me on this game for a year now and nothing has got done. In the lobby the killer can see the survivors gamertags.. but the survivors cant see the killers. I would like for that to be changed so that I won't have to go into a match with a killer who I've known likes to spoil the fun of the game. Please Devs make it possible for the survivors to see the killers name on the screen, so that we can choose not to go against someone that likes to harass us.

Comments

• Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493
    Options

The whole direct link to peoples profiles should have been removed a long time ago. DBD is the only game I know where people actually put their profiles on private because of the harrassement and dodging.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options

@Shadoureon said:
    The whole direct link to peoples profiles should have been removed a long time ago. DBD is the only game I know where people actually put their profiles on private because of the harrassement and dodging.

Sad but true

• ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838
    Options

Even if the gamertag or whatever you Xbox people play, they can still go to "Who You're Playing With" and check out the names of the people that are currently in the party.

• dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 567
    Options

@FangerBoy said:
    So I have had someone harassing me on this game for a year now and nothing has got done. In the lobby the killer can see the survivors gamertags.. but the survivors cant see the killers. I would like for that to be changed so that I won't have to go into a match with a killer who I've known likes to spoil the fun of the game. Please Devs make it possible for the survivors to see the killers name on the screen, so that we can choose not to go against someone that likes to harass us.

i had to about a year ago on ps4 set messages too friends only. because i flattened a team. best and only way to deal with that crap im afraid as killer

• FangerBoy
    FangerBoy Member Posts: 22
    Options
    If your set to private or offline they cant. But like I said they can see our names on the game sooo there is no hiding in plain sight from someone who wants to harass you
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I asked for this too. I had to change my steam name due to people holding a grudge. No word from Behaviour at all.
  • yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    Options

"i want to never play against killers who beat me" is that what you're saying?

• The_Crusader
    Options
    yeet said:

No it's "I don't want to be singled out and mori spammed  or hit repeatedly on the hook because this manchild is upset that I called him a camper 30 minutes ago where he facecamped all game".
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

This was already present at one point and abused, which is why it was removed.

• Orion
    Options

@Orion said:
    This was already present at one point and abused, which is why it was removed.

And for those who are going to complain that the Killer can still do it, yeah, there's a reason for that: because Killers don't abuse it as much as Survivors did.

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Options
    yeet said:

No it's "I don't want to be singled out and mori spammed  or hit repeatedly on the hook because this manchild is upset that I called him a camper 30 minutes ago where he facecamped all game".
    Which is the same BTW
  • NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343
    Options
    You can see the killer's gamertag just by holding down the ps button go to where is says dbd you'll see currently playing with and if the killer or you aren't offline you'll be able to see it

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

@Malakir said:
    The_Crusader said:

yeet said:

Which is the same BTW

The OP never said he never wanted to play against killers that beat him. Harassment is the issue, not winning or losing.

• Orion
    Options

@steezo_de said:
    The OP never said he never wanted to play against killers that beat him. Harassment is the issue, not winning or losing.

And this feature would be (ab)used to avoid Killers who beat you (not you specifically, I mean it in the general sense). It's how these things always go.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

@Orion said:

@steezo_de said:

And this feature would be (ab)used to avoid Killers who beat you (not you specifically, I mean it in the general sense). It's how these things always go.

I never said it wouldn't.

• The_Crusader
    Options
    Orion said:

@steezo_de said:

Then keep the lobby as it is but hide survivor profile names..
  • BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    edited December 2018
    Options
    On PS4 you can hold the home button down and you can see who the killer is, and it also shows if they’re appearing offline if you look from the home screen in the now playing section and select view all.
  • Orion
    Options

@The_Crusader said:

Because? There's a reason that hasn't been removed: Killers do not dodge nearly as much as Survivors did back when they could.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Orion said:

@steezo_de said:

And we know it to be true, since a long time ago survivor discovered that they could see who was the killer throught steam recently played with user and people where literally getting dodged for having nurses related achievment.
    But for some reason when the dev decided to fix this they did a 360 turn and added the name of the survivor the killer was against as well as a direct link to their profile in the lobby for some unknow reason.

• Orion
    Options

@Dragonredking said:

@Orion said:

@steezo_de said:

And we know it to be true, since a long time ago survivor discovered that they could see who was the killer throught steam recently played with user and people where literally getting dodged for having nurses related achievment.
    But for some reason when the dev decided to fix this they did a 360 turn and added the name of the survivor the killer was against as well as a direct link to their profile in the lobby for some unknow reason.

Killers have always been able to see Survivors' names in the lobby. It was never removed because Killers do not abuse this nearly as much as Survivors did.

• Dragonredking
    Options

@Orion said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Orion said:

@steezo_de said:

Killers have always been able to see Survivors' names in the lobby. It was never removed because Killers do not abuse this nearly as much as Survivors did.

No
    Not in the lobby atleast.
    Hell even survivor didn't see other survivor username either until the game started or if they used the chat

• The_Crusader
    Options

@Orion said:

@The_Crusader said:

Because? There's a reason that hasn't been removed: Killers do not dodge nearly as much as Survivors did back when they could.

lmfao, killers dodge all the time.

and because people get harassed. I've had to change my steam name due to harassment more than once.

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469
    Options

yes.. lets give survivors the ability to duck skilled Killers, and stomp on "EZ" killers even worse. No this wont get abused, truuuuusssttttt theeeeeemm.

• Orion
    Options

@The_Crusader said:

@Orion said:

@The_Crusader said:

and because people get harassed. I've had to change my steam name due to harassment more than once.

And yet, not as much as Survivors did back when they could see Killers' profiles, or else the devs would've removed it from both sides. Time to face the facts.

If you're being harassed without justification, that's what the report system is for.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

if the person is grieving you send a report ticket with video as proof

• Orion
    Options

@Dragonredking said:

@Orion said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Orion said:

@steezo_de said:

No
    Hell even survivor didn't see other survivor username either until the game started or if they used the chat

Wrong. Killers could always see them. It was only Survivors that got the ability to do so later on.

• The_Crusader
    Options

@Orion said:

@The_Crusader said:

@Orion said:

@The_Crusader said:

And yet, not as much as Survivors did back when they could see Killers' profiles, or else the devs would've removed it from both sides. Time to face the facts.

If you're being harassed without justification, that's what the report system is for.

The report system is worthless and you know it.

Stop defending everything killer sided as always ffs. All I'm hearing is "I wanna see their profiles so I can dodge if I think they're SWF or really good".

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

@The_Crusader said:
    I asked for this too. I had to change my steam name due to people holding a grudge. No word from Behaviour at all.

Well considering your name did you per-chance raid their village under the guise of his holiness?

• Orion
    Options

@The_Crusader said:

@Orion said:

@The_Crusader said:

@Orion said:

@The_Crusader said:

The report system is worthless and you know it.

Stop defending everything killer sided as always ffs. All I'm hearing is "I wanna see their profiles so I can dodge if I think they're SWF or really good".

The report system is not worthless, and you'd know that if you'd actually used it. Peanits has proven time and time again that reports are looked at.

I don't defend anything. I'm explaining why Killers still have the ability to check Survivor profiles and why the reverse isn't true.

If you're hearing voices, you should see a doctor (not Herman).

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640
    Options

then how am I going to tunnel people with .tv and .youtube in their names?

• The_Crusader
    Options

@MegaWaffle said:

@The_Crusader said:

Well considering your name did you per-chance raid their village under the guise of his holiness?

Haha no, I called him a camper for....well camping all game. He somehow got salty over it.

• Orion
    Options

@The_Crusader said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@The_Crusader said:

Haha no, I called him a camper for....well camping all game. He somehow got salty over it.

So you harassed him first. Why am I not surprised?

• Dragonredking
    Options

@Orion said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Orion said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Orion said:

@steezo_de said:

No

Wrong. Killers could always see them. It was only Survivors that got the ability to do so later on.

No they couldn't

• Orion
    Options

@Dragonredking said:

@Orion said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Orion said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Orion said:

@steezo_de said:

No

No they couldn't

Interesting. Seems I was wrong. Killers did have the ability to see Survivors' profiles, though, of that I'm certain. Back when infinites became widespread, there was even a blacklist with Survivors who abused them (as you can imagine, it was a very, very long list).

• Dragonredking
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Orion said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Orion said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Orion said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Orion said:

@steezo_de said:

No

No they couldn't

Interesting. Seems I was wrong. Killers did have the ability to see Survivors' profiles, though, of that I'm certain. Back when infinites became widespread, there was even a blacklist with Survivors who abused them (as you can imagine, it was a very, very long list).

They saw survivor profile the same way survivor saw killer profile
    Throught the steam recently played with list.
    I can't really blame you for not remenbering, it was like that for like the 4 first month of game release? maybe 5
    Killer have been able to see survivor username for almost 3 time longer than they couldn't see them.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    Options

Yes, remove the names of all the people in the lobby. That way, survivors can not team up in voice chat with randos at the last moment.

Survivors themselves will later ask to get the change reverted.

• The_Crusader
    Options
    Orion said:

@The_Crusader said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@The_Crusader said:

So you harassed him first. Why am I not surprised?

Calling a camper is harassing? As if he didnt ruin the game by standing next to the hook repeatedly hitting someone. Probably a legit strategy in your eyes.

Get off your high horse. All you do is defend killer side no matter what. Its pathetic. Really wish this forum had a block button. 
  • Orion
    edited December 2018
    Options

@The_Crusader said:
    Calling a camper is harassing? As if he didnt ruin the game by standing next to the hook repeatedly hitting someone. Probably a legit strategy in your eyes.

Get off your high horse. All you do is defend killer side no matter what. Its pathetic. Really wish this forum had a block button. 

Camping and hitting someone repeatedly on the hook are not the same thing. You accused him of the former before you harassed him (yes, it's harassment), and said that he did the latter after you'd harassed him. If you'd actually said everything from the start, then I would've supported your side.

Get off your paranoid horse.

• The_Crusader
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Orion said:

@The_Crusader said:

Camping and hitting someone repeatedly on the hook are not the same thing. You accused him of the former before you harassed him (yes, it's harassment), and said that he did the latter after you'd harassed him. If you'd actually said everything from the start, then I would've supported your side.

Get off your paranoid horse.

Its not the only case ive had. Had 1 killer who teamed up with a survivor to take me out. Had a go at him...get him later and it happens again.

Had to change my steam name.

Seriously get lost. Not joking. Theres no good reaosn why anyone should have to constantly change their username due to ingame harassment. The fact that you defend this is ######### pathetic and just shows what a toxic little man you are.

Killers shouldnt be such snowflakes anyway. "Omg he called me a camper....guess that means i need to spend the next game tunneling him down and making him bleed out/hitting him repeatedly on the hook/mori spam"
  • Orion
    edited December 2018
    Options

@The_Crusader said:
    Its not the only case ive had. Had 1 killer who teamed up with a survivor to take me out. Had a go at him...get him later and it happens again.

Had to change my steam name.

Seriously get lost. Not joking. Theres no good reaosn why anyone should have to constantly change their username due to ingame harassment. The fact that you defend this is [BAD WORD] pathetic and just shows what a toxic little man you are.

Report such behavior and wait about 1-2 minutes until you queue up again, to avoid getting into lobbies with scum like that multiple times in a row. That's what I do in HotS, should work for DbD too.

I'm not defending anything. Like I said, get off your paranoid horse.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767
    Options

Thats part of the game.
    It should stay like that.

Gives killers the opportunity to equip a specific loadout.

• Dinaqma
    Dinaqma Member Posts: 35
    Options
    I agree. We as survivors should get to see who the killer is.. just reason 183774738291 that this game is unbanalced and favors the killers. 
  • Dinaqma
    Options

if the person is grieving you send a report ticket with video as proof

Please tell me how to submit a video! 
  • Orion
    Options

@Dinaqma said:
    I agree. We as survivors should get to see who the killer is.. just reason 183774738291 that this game is unbanalced and favors the killers. 

Survivors had that right a while back and abused the hell out of it, breaking lobbies everywhere.

• Dinaqma
    Options
    Orion said:

@Dinaqma said:

Survivors had that right a while back and abused the hell out of it, breaking lobbies everywhere.

Then take it away from the killers, they dodge a lot of lobbies. Fair is fair. THIS.GAME.IS.BROKEN.
  • Orion
    Options

@Dinaqma said:
    Then take it away from the killers, they dodge a lot of lobbies. Fair is fair. THIS.GAME.IS.BROKEN.

Clearly they don't do it as often as Survivors did, or the devs would've taken it away by now.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994
    Options

@NoxiousOnnyyxx said:
    You can see the killer's gamertag just by holding down the ps button go to where is says dbd you'll see currently playing with and if the killer or you aren't offline you'll be able to see it

If anyone is playing in offline mode, including the killer, they will not show on this list. Sony did this the stop the harassment that was going on fromplayers abusing it. Also, all games are required to use the block list, so if you don’t want to play with someone, just block them. It can take up to an hour for some games to get your updated list.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994
    Options

@Condorloco_26 said:
    Yes, remove the names of all the people in the lobby. That way, survivors can not team up in voice chat with randos at the last moment.

Survivors themselves will later ask to get the change reverted.

Unless they joined as SWF, this should absolutely be true. Give the randos a name like “Player A”, but lock out all profiles, especially on the scoreboard, until the match has completely ended.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@FangerBoy said:

How exactly are you harassed/griefed?

Please report that specific player and the devs will bann him. By lobby dodging him, you will just let him harass other players like us. Please remove him from the community, thanks