Why does no one play Nemesis?

Title^^

Comments

• Piruluk
    Piruluk Member Posts: 995

I played today against 5 Nemesis,granted only rank 7 survivor

• Bluewater
    Bluewater Member Posts: 11

I play Nemesis, but I also enjoy playing other killers. If you just play Nemesis, you will mutate into Nemesis yourself at some point. xD

• selflessnea
    selflessnea Member Posts: 565

I dont know what you are talking about. A lot of people play him.

• HybridLPangel26
    HybridLPangel26 Member Posts: 119

Nemesis is being played alot in the matches i get but i dont deal with nemmy sorry to say im no good playing nemmy with his octopus whip

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

Event is on so very few people are playing licensed killers in general.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

I find his gameplay to be extremely boring

• theplaggg
    theplaggg Member Posts: 267

Frankly his power is nothing new and he sucks. Unless you are a Resident Evil fan, there isn't really anything that makes him appealing.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

To be perfectly honest, I have not bought him

And he looks super boring, which is why I am not buying him. Plus, I have a thing about waiting a few months with DLC for DBD, because of poor experiences in the past

Death Slinger and Huntress are just infinitely more entertaining and enjoyable as well

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843

Nemesis is not a great killer specially if youre rank is high. You have better option for killer we will have a good idea how good he can be in the next mid chapter patch but for the next 3 month. Expect the nemesis player to go back to their main killer.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

Nothing special... Yet the only killer in the game with AI helping him XD

He has the best build in map pressure arguably, since the zombies can kick people off gens.

• DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615

And then you have 2-man gen goers that let one person lure the Zombie 5 feet away because they are dumb as a box of rock. Singular.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

He causes performance issues for a lot of people. The game will drop frames when he takes his tentacle out, making it damn near impossible to use his power. The zombies get stuck on the environment a lot, too, so they don't make up for stuttering and frame drops. On top of all that, he doesn't have a crown to unlock, so there's no time-limited thing pushing him to be used right now.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

Regardless he is the only killer that has that gen pressure in the game at the moment. Still taking time away from doing gens.

• Sherry
    Sherry Member Posts: 227

I was just in a Nemisis game. I get matched up with him a lot, in my opinion. I've had several today.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

Probably because having essentially up to 8 extra health states to deal with if you want to use his power kinda sucks.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

I see him often, so it's not like no one is using him, but there is such a large pool of killers that it's normal that we don't see all of them all the time.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

so basically not nearly high enough considering his potential

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832
    edited July 2021

my guess is its because of the framrate and stuttering issues, it literally makes him unplayable

the amount of times ive missed tentacle hits solely because my game stuttered are too many to count

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,867

I use him a lot and he has some problems that hold him back.

Right now there is 0 reason to play him over pyramid head

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

Because he has a trash copy pasted power and does more in his kit to help survivors than hinder them. Why the hell would anybody play nemesis when you could play a killer who's power actually tries to hurt and kill survivors? Thats basically what it comes down to. Do I wanna play a killer who takes the equivalent of 3 M1s to kill people or do I wanna play a killer who takes 2 hits like normal? Nemesis basically gives survivors a free Mettle of Man BEFORE IT WAS NERFED.....

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

He barely works without the game freezing

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443
    edited July 2021

I see him at least 1 out of 10 games when I play survivor.

As for killer I want to play him but people hold w against him a LOT and that's really boring so I'd rather play wraith so I don't have to deal with that playstyle.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

Nemesis suffers in chases in that it takes three hits to down a survivor with his power. The fact that survivors get a speed boost from infection - something that causes no damage - is not only ridiculous, but smart teams of swf purposely take advantage of it. That right there is a big reason to not play Nemesis.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,246

I think he's really boring. Plus free health states and useless zombies.

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236

A lot of people freeze every time they try and use his tentacle. Until they fix that its kind of pointles. Apparently midchapter will have a fix

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

Pretty basic killer. Whip is useless tier 1 tier 2 is a pain to level tier 3 is almost impossible without add ons. His m1 is better than his abilities. Zombies are interesting but very weak and useless in open maps. Overall maybe C tier or D tier imo. And can't get crowns with license killers.

• Shdw_Void
    Shdw_Void Member Posts: 37

Well if you're one of the many unfortunate souls to play on console, using his power is a death sentence. I'm talking 2-4 second freezes. If you are talking just about him in general, the new chapter high has come and gone. He's just an m1 killer with some range and the occasional zombie play when they aren't busy vibing in a corner. He has all the many weaknesses of a standard 4.6 killer.

I play him on console and power through the freezes out of spite. If I still get a 4k through all of the freezing that acts to limit my ability as a killer main, then I am content

• MrCrazyCat62
    MrCrazyCat62 Member Posts: 168

The zombies for me personally are the only thing fun about him. But unfortunately even with his best speed addon they still aren't a real threat.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,065

Nemesis is quite fun against survivors that try to loop him like any other killer. Against survivors that know what they're doing and don't vault blindly or always drop the pallet, he is considerably less fun.

Basically, he's not high ranks viable.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

There’s a couple of reasons:

• His power destroys last gen consoles
    • There’s very obvious flaws with his power that will take at least a few months to be addressed
    • The hype of the new chapter has died down
    • Not everyone is a Resident Evil fan
  • CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Everyone and their granny is playing Nemesis. For the past 3 weeks he's been in at least 2 games a night.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

Apparently he makes the game run even worse so that might be why he's not played much.

But tbh most dbd players are so focused on "Meta" that they end up dropping killers if they aren't "good enough" all the time so that might be why too, but i can't say for sure.

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464

Poor mobility, his power at max strength is a weaker version of what huntress or pyramid head can do at loops

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

He is quite weak and the power is so limited that there is nothing interesting you can do with it.

The AI sucks

The ranged attack is inconsistent.

He gives free health states if he doesn't want to be a pure M1 killer all game.

• Darky77
    Darky77 Member Posts: 50

Honestly, as someone who really tries to get somewhat good with each killer, Nemesis is severely disappointing. His power is to hit people over pallets and through windows and attack with essentially the range of a lunge attack, but only if survivors are already infected. And they never stay infected for long. And it's a very narrow, easy to dance around attack.

Basically his only power is a highly nerfed version of Pyramid Head's shockwave, if the shockwave could only hit one survivor and only damaged survivors that are afflicted with Torment. If you're a good M1 killer, it can be kind of useful in chases and, if you get a good hang of its range and speed and all, can be put to decent effect. It can also be used to destroy pallets and resume chase much faster than stopping to break it, and can also prevent Blinding at pallets as well, that is if you manage to get it to Tier 2 (good luck against Red Ranks).

But you still have nothing to affect any other survivors. There are zombies yes, but only two. And they move so slow that they're really only useful in highly cramped maps where you can sort of corral survivors and cut off their escape routes. I've played about 20-30 rounds with Nemesis and have only ever had the zombies be useful once, when one happened to spawn and block a pallet in a loop allowing me to snag a down.

To be honest, even if they made it to where the Tentacle Strike damaged and Infected healthy survivors, it still would be a very lack-luster power. This is NEMESIS we're talking about, this guy should be as powerful and intimidating as the Oni, but instead he's basically the Trapper. M1 killer with a power that's 90% useless.

Long and the short of it, why play an M1 killer that survivors mock and laugh at (and leave the entire map open to gen rushing while in a chase that takes 3 times longer than any other killer) when you have almost every other killer with abilities that can actually apply pressure to survivors?

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

I see nemesis every other game.

• Mattie_MayhemOG
    Mattie_MayhemOG Member Posts: 315

He is a noob stomper. More experienced players drop pallets early to avoid M2 and generally ignore the zombies.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

During the week after release, every game was Nemesis, currently not seeing any and im not complaining.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

I personally think he is weak but am waiting to 100% confirm it if they fix him. I can't use him without him sending a SURGE through my system. Don't get me wrong most of the killers are causing issues but he is unbearable. I get stutters with most of the roster right now but they are easier to deal with. I even have been booted out of a game using him and that has yet to happen with any other killer.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

I haven't bought his DLC because it doesn't seem worth it. He looks like a boring Killer, his zombies aren't impressive, his power is mediocre. His perks are okay but not great. I can wait for them to show up in the shrine. The Survivors he comes with offers nothing I want. It'd be a waste of money to purchase the DLC.

On top of that, I'm going to hold off on purchasing DLC or cosmetics until they fix the game for everyone. I am not experiencing many issues, but many are, and I'm keeping my money to myself until their issues are resolved.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I see him all the time.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    edited July 2021

I think he's stronger than people realize. I am constantly chased off the last gen by zombies while he is chasing someone else. It's very frustrating.

Post edited by meatisadelicacy on
  • SammehStormborn
    SammehStormborn Member Posts: 147

It’s so quick getting to tier 2? And tier three isn’t so bad as long as you’re making use of zombies and hitting survivors.

I’ll usually m1 until I’m at tier 2 or it’s an easy window/pallet hit at t1.

• thenegativone
    thenegativone Member Posts: 254

He's too broken to play on console...ill play him once hes not an m1 killer

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

He isn't really strong and his power doesn't really work in the current meta

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Can I trade you my matchmaking luck? I get nemesis extremely often, just yesterday out of 10 matches I played as survivor I got nemesis like 8 times.