We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Soloq feels more fun to me.

Lord_Tony
Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109
edited July 2021 in General Discussions

1. you have a team of 4 people but can't communicate which provides a very intense atmosphere.
  2. trapped with 3 other random strangers you don't know but you need to trust them to survive.
  3. One of your teammates could try to sabotage you so they could escape and leave you to die.

All 3 of these makes 4 randoms feel more interesting to play with. it makes the game actually feel like a horror game.

Comments

• Piruluk
    Piruluk Member Posts: 995

Yeah I only play as solo survivor, feels like a horror movie all the time, anything can happen.

Dont like killer it feels more like an action game, so not my thing

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I play mostly solo and it’s more frustration than intense

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,266

As long as I don't get otherworldly bad teammates, playing solo feels better to me.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Dunno if you serious but I like solo q.

Still would be nice if survivor BP gain was higher so it feels less frustrating to grind

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

Ehh it's your cup of tea, some people enjoy only playing with their friends. I'm mostly solo, but I do play with my friends every once in a while.

• M1MASTER
    M1MASTER Member Posts: 352

I only play solo and these days i escape way more against Spirits than i did when i started playing the game.

Don't get me wrong, she's mega unfun to go against but people definitely overblow how much the average Spirit player wins games.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890

I'm not surprised you of all people feel that way Lord_Tony

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,260

Same. but with at least one friend by your side is more fun 🥺

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

This, you get some light communication benefits which can definitely help with archives challenges, but you are, for the most part, still having the solo queue experience.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

This, I almost don't even want to touch solo anymore. Rift challenges made it way worse because now your teammates might not even want to win and will just rush a challenge and get themselves killed.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

I only play solo now, but my first 50 hours, I've discovered the game with my partner and it was so much fun.

I miss playing duo, but I'm still enjoying solo queue. Even if I very, very often have people with less than 50 hours in my lobby—I have 1,2k hours. A bit frustrating, but not their fault.

• Skaty
    Skaty Member Posts: 66

I use to do swf but I prefer solo tbh. I’m normally the bad team mate sorry 😂😂

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

I always play solo. I find it more interesting and tense to not know what my team mates are thinking and doing. Half the time I really don't want to know what they're thinking but that's a whole nother topic. I do find that the more I help them, the more inclined to help me they are. Usually. Some people just don't care and will sandbag you for as many BP as possible. I really do wish we had the "No you can't save me in the Killer's face button" to kick people off unhooks, but... eh. It's part of the game.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Although I hate stupidity of my teammates, I'd get bored much faster if I just played full SWF matches for 5 years insted of solo.

The frustration is part of the fun and once in a blue moon you get 3 other good teammates and enjoy the almost SWF experience anyway.

Still, buffing solos closer to SWF level + improving the matchmaking is the only good way to balance out SWF. It's not like solos couldn't use some help, that wouldn't ruin the gameplay exprience of solo play at all imo.

• stikyard
    stikyard Member Posts: 526

I play solo a lot but, I also play with my buddies when we are all on.

I play a lot harder as solo because, mistakes can be very unforgiving and I can't rely on my team.

When the boyz log on for SWF, we are mostly playing Drunk by Daylight and screwing off. It's fun either way for different reasons.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,141

At red ranks, there are a lot of boosted players. Don't get me wrong, there can be some satisfying matches (like I just had a teammate bring cake, d/c immediately on Lery's Institute versus Demo - the 3 of us got the gens done and got out) however most are very frustrating. You have people running the killer around the gen being worked on, or around the hooked survivor, people not doing gens, etc.

I'm glad you're having fun with it though. Its definitely the more challenging way to play and overall more interesting. You also learn a lot faster in solo que because mistakes are a lot less forgiving with 3 strangers as teammates.