is using the shrine for bloodpoints a sunk cost fallacy and how many shards have you wasted

150k bloodpoints isn't a lot, yet every chapter I use my saved shards to pump into the shrine in an effort to level the new killer/survivors.

In 4 years I have probably spent the equilivant of 30+ full cosmetic sets in just the shrine (as the first 6 months of the game I spent getting all perks unlocked, and do the same for each chapter.

I was wondering how people felt about this, do you think the shrine is good value, or do you feel a deep shame for spending your shards for 3-4 measly bloodwebs when you could get cosmetics.

Comments

• sensovsky
    sensovsky Member Posts: 102

I personally think it's a good value. I got all the skins I wanted on all the characters I wanted, now I just feel like I want all survivors p3 lvl 50. for me it's just if you want to spend, go for it. nothing wrong with it. and 21k is like a 1-1.5 month of playing, not a big deal for me

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

I would say that it's not very wise to pump shards into the shrine for BP. Especially since it takes considerably longer to get that many shards in comparison to how long it would take to get 150K BP. The shards would probably be better spent on original characters. Even if you currently have them all now, saving shards still may mean you don't need to spend any money the next time there's a new original chapter. Do what you want though.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,856

I only used the shrine twice and it was never for bp, because I think that's a waste of shards.

Shards are so valuable because you can spend them on unlocking characters.

However if you have every character and perk unlocked and the shards are starting to really pile up then maybe getting some bp is not a bad idea

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,856

I am not a fan of cosmetics because they are ridiculously overpriced, but to each their own I guess

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777

I use them every time. There’s some perks that are just not worth my time and effort, so I’d rather use my shards to get blood points to get teachables I actually want. I don’t care if it costs me 2k shards, at least as I have a plan for them it’s fine, even if it means It’ll be gone in a matter of seconds.

I wouldn’t call it a waste either, more of an organized pursuit for bloodpoints. Maybe 40-60k.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

12k shards, still have 25k though but meh costly way to get bp, only done it due to the daily reset and the bonus 9k shards

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,213

What do you value more? Cosmetics, or earlier progress on your characters?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Never done it, never will.

If i want BP i just play the game, i like Barbecue & Chili's aura reveal a lot anyway.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Depends on if you care about cosmetics or not.

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606

Wasted? Shards do only 2 things. If you’re saving them for hopes of an added function for this FREE in-game currency, I believe you’ll be waiting awhile.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452

I have all perks on all the characters I play anyway, I'd rather buy some skins and save my precious 1000 aurics for the Rift. 150k BP is a joke anyway, you can get that with 2 matches using BBQ + pudding and that's not even 3 bloodwebs. 2k shards for me are like 5 days playing.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I just cashed in 95k shards getting blood points to stock up on cakes.

I don't know why I saved them. I just wouldn't let them go. Now I have 100. But lots of cakes

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

It your preference. I personally have nothing to buy with shards. Every outfit I want has been bought, I keep auric cells in stock for new ones I like. The one thing you can't buy in this game is BP and it's what is needed most. If you want to save up 20k shards for a outfit that your call but I have only bough one cosmetic for shards (7000 shard oni skin) and I have regretted it ever since. If you still have characters to unlock and can buy with shards that can be a smart play. All up to you and where you are in the game.