The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Things you hate the most.

Zokenay
Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158

As either survivor or killer.

For me as a survivor, it would be those STUPID ninja skill checks, i swear every single time i get off a gen a skill check pops at that exact moment making the gen explode.

Comments

• ObscurityDragon
    ObscurityDragon Member Posts: 710

Spirit/freddy players, they sweat their lives off

Sweaty player when.we could just enjoy the game

Lag spikes/freezes

Keys

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I don't want to be a parrot... But polly wants good performance.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,383

The things I hate most in this game are:

Ghostface, Trickster, The Realm Beyond, Keys, Freddy's rework and Keys.

That is not very nice :(

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

when i lunge and hit the pallet and not the survivor

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 598

Gen Rushing

i mean it isnt fun for both side to finish a Match that fast. As a Killer it is very stressful if 3 Gens Instant Pop in just a Minute playtime. For Survivor it isnt fun because if u finish a Match fast u cant get enough BP the most fun part as Survivor are Chases and not just sitting on a Gen

• Weasdat
    Weasdat Member Posts: 143
  • kisfenkin
    kisfenkin Member Posts: 616

Cheaters. Whether it is as simple as pointing to the hiding survivor, or as blatant as hacking the game, you deserve to be banned if you are cheating.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,150

As an, up till now, killer only player (still have to find the motivation for solo survivor, after 5 years XD) i hate flashlight clicker and/or tbagger most.

I try to be one of the killer that does not play for the kills but 8 hooks and "fair" play for the survivor and then come those (as wraith from samination calls them) snots.

But i already found the best treatment for them, completely ignoring them. You want my attention? Nah, no chase from me. I don't have the motivation/desire to find out if you are rightfully this confident in your looping and makes me chase you for 5 gens or just an idiot that goes down in less than 10 seconds.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Mines are:

• Hag
    • Noed - specifically if a killer gets a kill because of it
    • When survivors bring keys

What you said also really angers me lol

• ZonkyWizard
    ZonkyWizard Member Posts: 568

Tunneling, camping, survivors who cheat, immersive teammates, rushed matches

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 772

As killer:

-Keys.

-Survivors bodyblocking with BT when I'm not trying to tunnel them

As survivors:

-Teammates who cleanse against plague

-Teammates who run towards a hooked survivor while chased by the killer

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    1. Nurse
    2. Trickster
    3. Spirit
    4. Clown’s bottles not slowing when they should
    5. Clown’s bottles not switching when I switch
  • Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I find cleanse instantly to be more effective honestly. Throws the plague off and if you cleanse them all she loses all her corrupt’s for just one

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,120

It's the lack of honour that some players have, mostly direspectful comments and being unable to be anything other than a sore loser or a bad winner. It's a game at the end of the day, so rather than blaming anything and evetything, those individuals need to first look at their own errors and improve.

It's closely followed by taking influencers as gospel, rather than finding their own way and coming up with tactics or perk mixes that suit them best.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,844

1. Console performance

2. Noed/dead hard

3. Unbalanced maps

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 772

It can work sometimes, but it really depends on the caliber of plague player you're going against or the team you have. Generally I prefer not to cleanse util the endgame or unless we're in a dire situation.

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069

I just started playing hag. :( She is really fun to play AS. :(

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662
    edited July 2021

At the moment, The Twins is high up there. They've become more common to play against lately. The Twins excel at everything survivors dislike in this game. Slugging and facecamping. Except when that killer facecamps, she can still patrol gens, chase others, SLUG others etc.

It's just an awful experience, especially as solo queue. If Victor is facecamping you're forced to crouch walk there as to not alert him, wasting a lot of time. Either that or you alert him, he jumps on you and you can no longer unhook until you get him off, giving Charlotte enough time to get back. And that's if you're lucky enough to be healthy in the first place or if Charlotte doesn't spot you herself going for the unhook. Repeat.

Just really miserable.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
  • TheGhostofZgor
    TheGhostofZgor Member Posts: 334

Survivors who JUST. WON'T. LEAVE.

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069

Blame the event, i wanted to waste her cakes so i can prestige her but now i discovered how fun it can be putting up webs just to lure everyone in it in the end.

I cant tell you how many times there was 3 survivors downed at once because i downed someone and a injured survivor instantly triggered another trap just to repeat the same thing again. ;(

(I am putting traps on the hook too btw BUT i ALWAYS go for the rescuer except they try to bodyblock me with BT)

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727

When I get the game crash screen, for sure.

Honestly though, it happened twice yesterday. Had to restart my laptop - Hopefully it was just my internet having a rough day.

😅

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

How often Dead Hard doesn't work. I laugh when killers complain about it when it literally fails more often than it actually works. Imagine if the devs destroy that perk like they did with DS and then survivors switch to an exhaustion perk that works more than 30% of the time. IMAGINE.

• odra
    odra Member Posts: 369

i despise cheater in this game so much bit better now than previous but sometimes still find 1-2 in 20 games

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,044

Bully players and griefers. Also Badham and the Game; maps where it's just pallet after pallet after pallet after pallet.

• ObscurityDragon

Sorry but freddy players often piss me off lol

Old freddy was weak but fun!

And when you want for the game to be à fun game to play and chill, you sometimes gotta be à bit meaner :(

• Mysticwarriormj
    Mysticwarriormj Member Posts: 95

You mean Behaviours priorities? The games priority is to keep its users entertained which it does for the most part.

• ObscurityDragon

TO Win, to lose, knowing one without the other would be maddening

there will alwzys be a winner/looser

And you dont need to sweat to win

Yet people sweat to do so, and makes for an unhealthy gameplay forcing the other side to weat back, boom, now you have unfun games for everyone

• TheGhostofZgor
    TheGhostofZgor Member Posts: 334

Also killers who hook slash. It’s such a small wiener move.

• Weasdat
    Weasdat Member Posts: 143

I happen to enjoy sweating. And sometimes you do need to sweat to win.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,383

Nope, you are wrong. You can hate a specific character as much as you want to, but NEVER call out their players.

This is just plain rude.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

When I get screwed over by the game and not outplayed by the other side in instances like…

• Lag spikes

• Hitting a pallet instead of a survivor when lunging

• Getting exhausted on the ground

The only true thing I hate is when the game screws me over and the opposing side benefits from it. I dislike some killers but it pales in comparison to performance issues.

• Unkn0wn_
    Unkn0wn_ Member Posts: 5

People that should just leave but wait for the killer to go to the exit gate and wait to get downed so they can extend the time a bit. People that wait like 5 seconds for the killer to leave a hook then go get the person without bt. Thing I hate most is people that don't do gens when they should, and get people off hooks right when they get hooked when they could use that time to do a gen instead.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,886
    • Lag spikes
    • Stridor Spirit
    • Camping/tunneling
    • RPD map
    • Hit boxes on Huntress' hatchets
  • feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 902
    edited July 2021

-Bullying by killers or survivors either in game or chat after

-Bragging ^

-Survivors that wait for hatch or hide instead of a doing a gen when I'm running the killer and they are the only ones left to do gens (especially if there is one gen left)

-Being bled out on the ground for no reason other than entertainment (epecially when they stand over you power-spamming)

-Basementsitting killers

-Being dropped 'near' the hatch so a killer can pretend to give it to me. I'm not crawling for it.

-Deathslinger-his music, his chuckle, his TR, his reel-in mechanic

-Not having enough BP offerings in my bloodwebs and instead having it cluttered with a bunch of useless add ons and offerings

Post edited by feechima on
  • edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,187

On either survivor or killer, it just kills the fun when I get Hawkins, Lerys, Badham, Haddonfield, or RPD. I think they really need to get away from those style maps. They aren't fun gameplay wise for either side, especially if you picked a skill based killer. You're just wasting the limited time I have for gaming each day when I choose Billy and randomly get Lerys. Should never, ever happen.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    • Cheaters
    • Toxic Behavior
    • The grind
    • All the performances problems
  • Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395

The hitting animation ending and i still get hit.

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606

Entitled excuses in post-game chat, that give the implication that somehow I affected their IRL with a video game playstyle

• Matieusz
    Matieusz Member Posts: 12

survivors disarming all of my traps i worked one whole gen on, and getting matched against a hag spirit pyramid head, also getting randomly tunneled at the beggining of the game

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,816

I think the definition of frustration is doing something, getting a different result than you expected, and not understanding why. So, for me, it's the little things, like cancelled grabs and swings that suddenly redirect toward the wall, or trying to do an action that gets overridden by self-care, etc.

I think the reason it makes me so mad is because, in my brain, there's a brief moment where it's like, "Oh, good, I did the right thing; that was close, but I hit the button in time," and then the result is just like, "You sure did hit the button; the button did nothing for you."

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

When im healing someone with autodidact and they deiced to be stupid and move the moment i get a skill check thus alerting the killer to our location and killing the person im healing.

• Daisymoon87
    Daisymoon87 Member Posts: 68

- Lags/Performance issues and being disconnected. - People that DC on purpose. - Not having a tutorial where I can practice new survivors/killers/perks without having to risk my rank being jeopardized. - Being a rank 12 and getting either a rank 20 killer or rank 1 killer. Neither make sense. - The Hag & her traps 😭😭😭

• meowzilla69
    meowzilla69 Member Posts: 408

As a person, people being entitled in game & on the forums.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I mean, yeah, those skillchecks that the Devs should really look into fixing because they are insanely unfair. And have significantly increased since the last update.

I'm not kidding, they really are becoming a huge problem. Survivors shouldn't be punished for letting go of a generator, there should be a .3 second grace period at the start of the skill check where the gen can't explode. Human beings can't react fast enough to hit any skill check once we have made the decision to let go of the generator.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

someone who didnt do anything all game, is the main reason everyone else dies, randomly finds hatch, escapes with it and then acts like they were good in end chat.

usually a Claudette player with Urban Evasion and Iron Will :)

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

Stuttering

Lag spikes during skill checks

Playing as clown

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 820

Teammates that try to kobe when you ran across the map to unhook them.

I always let them reach second stage on purpose.