So... Survivors are now being crybabies over Lightborn.

Comments

• IsJustMe
    IsJustMe Member Posts: 436

Ähm whats wrong with lightborn now? oO

I love to use it with nemesis if i see more as one FL in my lobbys and its ever the same i down the first surv and they start to blind me from each side, i hit ever one other surv in this situation and after his down the same... left and right a FL - survs trying to blind me 🙄

maybe its impossible to do gens if you bring a FL into the game, i dont know, but its ever the same reason almost every surve with FL has a DC after the second try (anyway green, violett or red) 🤷‍♂️

Oh and can someone explain me why lightborn is the new NOED now? 🤔

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,380

I wouldn't say it hard counters doc. You still get inflicted with madness and he has restraint addon that will still show your location anyways.

He also gets a score event even if you don't scream so he'll still know you are around.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,213
    edited July 2021

Why is it ok that as a Wraith, survivors can disable my power without any way for me to counter it?

When cloaked, looking away doesn't prevent lightburn, and lightburn works faster than attempting to decloak.

It is a portable, reusable pallet.

There's no other item like it in the game, it should be deleted.

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069
    edited July 2021

DS punishes the killer for playing the game and there is no counter.

And dont say ,,just dont tunnel" because then i can say ,,just dont blind".

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,936

Next time a Survivor will dc because they got sacrificed 1 second earlier because of Monstrous Shrine. Fricking broken Perk.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

True, but the fact that the killer is even running lightborn means they aren't running one of many objectively better perks. Why get mad at the killer kneecapping themself?

• Judderman77
    Judderman77 Member Posts: 23

Lightborn, Iron Grasp, Agitation and Mad Grit on Demo is hilarious.

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767

God forbid people having fun and not just holding m1 on gens

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

@indieeden7

I agree. This change is right up there with the new Franklins change.

Take the being obnoxious part out of the equation, to me, it almost feels as though they do not want us to use items, period.

You should feel like you want to use these items but instead you are left feeling like you have to “protect” your charges. Using a flashlight is a skill of its own, considering how easy they are to evade.

They need an item overhaul in general and add new items because so far all they’ve done is nerf the ones that were already there.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

Oh look another thread full of broad generalizations and exaggerations. I am shocked "mains" would do that on these forums!! SHOCKED!

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

When you bait out the flashlight survivor, you just chase them instead. Once they are far enough away, you can pick up the survivor without them being able to reach you in time for the save.

• NMCKE

Like I said, I'm fine with the perk prevent Flashlight saves and blinds in general, but I disagreed with someone saying that flashlights are easy tools for making saves. Players don't understand how most setup it takes just to save a teammate from the shoulder with a flashlight. It's not just something you can do consistently, especially against a skilled killer.

• Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594

Depends, if it's on the survivor pick up it's incredibly easy because we are locked in place and can't look away so its actually a free save, that's what is highly annoying about it. Making a save while a survivor is being transported though is a lot more skillful and risky and that doesn't bother me in the slightest because we'll played.

• Venzhas
    Venzhas Member Posts: 684

And how many killers we saw DCing just because they got flashlighted, their hex destroyed in 1sts minutes or when they see they gonna lose ? Jizz stop always pointing survivors its getting old

• NMCKE

Usually you can bait the survivor out of position by pretending to pick up, the survivor runs out and you catch them. You chase them then quickly run back for the pick up because they won't have enough time to get in front of you to time the blind.

That's how I handle flashlights, they usually only ever get a save off the shoulder if the killer was either oblivious to their surroundings, or the survivor was very lucky to be at the right place at the right time without making the killer suspicious of their presence [which is extremely difficult to pull off].

If I see a team of flashlights, I'd use Lightborn to save time. It's pretty good for shutting down flashy teams.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

Couple issues with this.

1.) Lightborn does have feedback. Even if you don't land the blind, the flashlight cone narrows as it makes progress. Against a killer with Lightborn, the cone will remain wide even when you shine it in the killer's face. That's your cue that Lightborn is in play.

2.) Flashlights are completely extraneous to survivor gameplay. The vast majority of survivor games get along fine without flashlights. It's not even like medkits or toolboxes where the item hastens something you can already do; they enable extra pallet stuns and extremely high-risk-high-reward plays when the killer downs someone. If your item is useless... congrats, you're now at the performance of a survivor that didn't bring an item into the trial. There's nothing wrong with this level of 'disadvantage.'

3.) In many cases, the survivor already punishes themselves for trying to use a flashlight. There is very little difference between a killer using Lightborn and a killer who fakes out the pickup and then goes for the person they knew was hiding around the corner.

The counterplay is to simply stop going for flashlight saves once you realize they don't work. This is the same for a killer using Lightborn and a killer who is smart enough not to fall for it.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

And you had to make a whole post over it, so I mean...

• NMCKE

Most things that completely counter something is because it's not that significant. Like technican countering explosions, it's not that impactful to prevent an explosion compared to the things that could be really impactful.

• latinfla4
    latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119
    edited July 2021
  • meowzilla69
    meowzilla69 Member Posts: 408

Reminds me one time that I brought light born. Two of them had flashlights. In the endgame Chat went: “zzzzzzz light born.” I always find that amusing

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,369
    edited July 2021

They only nerfed Stridor because Spirit was the only killer that ever used it and it made her only weakness (Iron Will) useless.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 905

Agree. I played Plague on Monday for only the second time ever. A Feng Dc'd on me as soon as I hit her with the vomit, barely in chase, and the game was about 30 seconds old. Now, she could have had a phobia of vomit but more likely she didn't want to play against Plague. I also had a DC on the same day with a Nea and Leon on their first hook. Guess they were showing me who is boss by denying me hook points.

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

tell them get wrecked, the one perk that actually is super useful in games.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Here are the differences:

1. That is one perk countering one other perk. Lightborn counters all blinding items and perks.
    2. Even new Stridor still helps against healthy survivors with Iron Will (breathing, when working properly). Iron Will only helps survivors in the injured state.
    3. Iron Will counters one aspect of tracking injured survivors. There are countless others. Lightborn hard stops all blinding items. (And don't forget Plague and Nemesis's infections stopping IW from working at all!)
  • MadmegMain
    MadmegMain Member Posts: 105

I have never once seen survivors complain about lightborn. Sure if you brought a flashlight its wasted but also the killer is wasting a perk slot for it.

the perk needs no changes and its hard to believe people really hate facing it

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562

The Survivors who complain are the ones who usually think they deserve whatever they want, and the game should hand it to them at the Killer's expense.

Bring a toolbox? They deserve to ignore totems & slam gens; will complain about NoED.

Bring a medkit? They deserve to heal under the hook. Will complain about 'tunneling' and 'camping'.

Bring a flashlight? They deserve those flashlight saves. Will complain about 'slugging' (when the Killer does not pick up their friend while they are clearly nearby, so they can save them) and Lightborn.

😁

• latinfla4
    latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119

Fine defend spine chill which counters all killers especially stealth killers🙄

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

The vast majority of survivors do not care about Lightborn and think it's fine. But when you bring it against a flashlight SWF? I can't remember a time where my opponents were on PC and didn't give me a piece of their mind for using the perk. Never fails to get salt from players who wanted to mass blind you.

• Daisymoon87
    Daisymoon87 Member Posts: 68

"some survivors", not all survivors. Please don't lump us. Not every survivor main complains over petty BS. If I realize the killer has lightborn then I look for chests to find an item that I can use. Not to mention I am god awful with a flashlight so if I bring one, it's for practice and many times it's wasted or never touched. If my SWF comes in with flashlights it's because we aren't even paying attention to what our other teammates bring. Not every SWF is out to teabag. 🤷 Not every survivor main sits and constantly complains...some of us actually just say, okay, at least now I know what perks the killer has and I can be more cautious as I work towards getting the eff outta the hell I'm in.

As for survivors & killers that DC just because they're mad...eff them. It's stupid and irritating for both sides and precisely why I hate anything other than a SWF. It sucks when you have two teammates bail on you and you still have 3-4 gens left to go.

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608
    edited July 2021

That's my issue pretty much. Old lightborn was fine for the difficulty to blind. You had to basically use your whole flashlight to pull one off with add ons. The other buffs it got were okay. I just dislike that for the same reason. The perk didn't need 100% immunity, the problem with it was that it didn't have other effects and now its got them.

• MrPsych
    MrPsych Member Posts: 265
    edited July 2021

What would be your thoughts on Plague then? She counters about every healing item and perk in the game and in my books, that'd be far more of an effect than Lightborn would have.

Lightborn, as powerful as it seems, have absolutely no effect if no one brings flashlights and becomes a wasted perk slot. Flashlight saves are nice to perform, but aren't a vital component of the game. After all, you don't need to blind a killer if they don't catch anyone.

In my books, Lightborn is a convenience perk for killers and nothing more. I used it a bunch when I was starting out but I abandonned it after getting more experience with the game.

• TwitchyMike
    TwitchyMike Member Posts: 759

And now they can just hop into another match instantly with the new DC feature of no penalties.

• Pukenplag
    Pukenplag Member Posts: 1,454

Why does everyone ALWAYS do the same thing:

•OP: x thing is too strong (and it is a fair statement)

•Everyone else: your side has this y thing too strong, so no, don't complain about our strong thing.

Seriously, if something isn't balanced, it doesn't mean it should be left so because the other side has something as unbalanced.

Lightborn is the equivalent of "the killer no longer has addons if you bring this perk".

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,004

I'm just a baby killer (about 110 hours total, 60 of which were survivor) but I've had fun with my Best Boi Demo using Lightborn, Agitation & Mad Grit. :)

• IsJustMe
    IsJustMe Member Posts: 436

at the moment i'm always being insulted for the combination lightborn and starstruck.

and thats ever 3 or 4 Flashlight teams, personally i think that destroys their tactics 🤷‍♂️ the funny thing is : "They try this almost ever a 2nd and 3th time"

• Kata
    Kata Member Posts: 18

"Oh no, the item I brought was useless!"

Well yeah.... y'all do realize that the killer is supposed to be the dominate force right? Like... survivors shouldn't have anything that straight up counters anything the killer can bring.

Now this changes with things like maps and totems but that's because sometimes it can be unfair and they're good for learning spawns.

• syain
    syain Member Posts: 440

let them

• Ruma

It always depends where the downed survivor is.

As a killer you dont have time to always check every corner before picking someone up.

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981

I think this complain about Lightborn is very funny. You made a good point here.

If you consider Items the survivors "power" then it is the same for them as for some Killers. All stealth Killers suffer from Spine Chill, all M1 Killers suffer from Iron Will and all flashlights directly counter 3 Killers: Hag, Nurse and Wraith.

As such it is just fair balance that Killers have Lightborn. It is a counter against 3-4 flashlights who can make the game quiet annoying and unfun for a Killer, especialy with chain lightburns. However that perk becomes utterly useless when survivors drop their flashlights for other items.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

I still find satisfaction for stealing the killer's hearing with flash bang haha

• sensovsky
    sensovsky Member Posts: 102

one perk disabling whole item is dumb, no other perk has this effect, and the effect is not even strong LOL, just annoying. if I understand the killer has it, I will simply do gens and don't waste time on saves

• NMCKE

You don't always have to check, sometimes it's pretty obvious on when to check. If not, just try your best to find a wall in case someone is waiting for the pick up. Most of the times, you can tell how flashlight aggressive a team will be based on how many flashlights are brought into the game. Baiting pick ups will definitely flush them out and allow you to prevent the save.

However, if you're just struggling against flashlights, then Lightborn is for your choosing if you believe it's worth a perk slot.

• Ruma

I dont really have any problems with flashlights tho, only thing that need to go is blinding outside you POV because thats just bs.

Otherwise its a fun mechanic even if i am alway was too paranoid.

But thats probably because i got jumpscared too many times by survivor already.

Did you ever just casually walked past a locker without any intention to check it just so a survivor jumps right into your face out of all sudden.

Thats ######### scary and after that you always check everything. :(

• NMCKE

I definitely understand that, it shouldn't be a thing, but it is what it is. Best you can do is use the counterplay options that's most available to you and hope it works. For the most part, it does for me, yet I still get cheesed every now and then.

I believe the most scariest thing is when you see a survivor about to blind you when you just went for the pick up.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

We need DC penalties back asap.