Hook in Thompson House is broken

Options
thesuicidefox
thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
edited December 2018 in General Discussions

Just had a game against Trapper on Thompson House. He got a 3k only because of the upstairs hook in the house. It's basically a super basement. It was IMPOSSIBLE to save because he just puts a trap at the top of the steps, one that you have to disarm, and by the time you get to the hook he's already coming up the steps. Then he resets the trap and there's no way to get away.

Look, I get that it was BS when survivors would run up there to make it impossible to hook, but is it so hard to just put a hole in the floor somewhere such that killer can pick someone up and drop down to get a hook. That or just make basement always spawn in Thompson House. This hook is absolutely ridiculous.

EDIT: I meant to post this in General Discussion. Could a mod move it for me please? I don't want to double post.

Comments

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

It sounds like it's super powerful for Trapper but no one else can do this except for Hag. Did you know that in Haddonfield that there are rooftops only accessible through windows? Perfect place for traps :)
    I think this should stay

• thesuicidefox
    Options

@HatCreature said:
    It sounds like it's super powerful for Trapper but no one else can do this except for Hag. Did you know that in Haddonfield that there are rooftops only accessible through windows? Perfect place for traps :)
    I think this should stay

The difference there is that you don't HAVE TO go out onto those ledges.

Also while Trapper is definitely the strongest, that hook is basically a second basement. Killers like Huntress can bodyblock the steps and with the way the steps are arranged, if she hits you there is no gaining enough distance to not get hit almost immediately again.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

I think this should stay

Agreed. This is one of Trapper's strengths, defense. It is like Trapper's basement with blocking the exit, except you only need 1 trap. 
  • thesuicidefox
    Options

@thekiller490490 said:
    HatCreature said:

I think this should stay

Agreed. This is one of Trapper's strengths, defense. It is like Trapper's basement with blocking the exit, except you only need 1 trap. 

I don't mind if it's strong for a killer, but this is completely broken. It was impossible to make saves without killing yourself in the process, even when we worked together to do it. Basement at least has wide enough steps that you can usually step around the traps, and the distance from the top of the steps to the front hook is short enough that you can run in, make a save, and run out if the killer isn't with TR.

But we have gone from broken for survivor to broken for killer. Again why not just put a hole in the floor so that you could pick up a survivor and drop down, bypassing 8 seconds of walking around up top. Killer doesn't get 2 basements, and survivors can't BS the killer by going to a place where they could never get hooked.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Options
     A drop down could work.
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options
    All of the coldwind maps need to be looked at. They're outdated now, from a time when the game was less balanced.

Rotten Fields especially is an abomination.
  • Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

actually, I think the best solution would be to simply widen the staircase

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options

A hole would be much better to have and it gives another balanced landing spot. Or we could just widen the doorways and staircases

• thesuicidefox
    Options

@Dehitay said:
    actually, I think the best solution would be to simply widen the staircase

No because you still have a massive distance from the hook to the top of the steps, and killer would still have an advantage chasing you down the stairs even if you have BL. If there was a hole in the floor upstairs you now have 2 exits, and the killer can use that exit to save time carrying to a hook.

• only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178
    Options

Yeah, it's stupid. All they had to do was give us a hole or two to drop down or in the fence/wall up top. Right now it's stupid, but, it is very situational. I guess? It's a bandaid for now. Coldwind just needs to be adjusted in general. Tarp over the walls etc etc

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

@thesuicidefox said:

No because you still have a massive distance from the hook to the top of the steps, and killer would still have an advantage chasing you down the stairs even if you have BL. If there was a hole in the floor upstairs you now have 2 exits, and the killer can use that exit to save time carrying to a hook.

BL? Boys Love?

But you're right. Killer would have an advantage against a survivor if the game was asymmetrical like that. Definitely needs to be an extra exit for the generator that isn't needed to be done, but done mainly cause survivors are so used to it being so safe and now that it's dangerous, refuse to compensate. While we're at it, let's add a teleporter in the basement that transports you to an unused pallet since basement is also too dangerous for survivors.

• thesuicidefox
    Options

@Dehitay said:

@thesuicidefox said:

BL? Boys Love?

But you're right. Killer would have an advantage against a survivor if the game was asymmetrical like that. Definitely needs to be an extra exit for the generator that isn't needed to be done, but done mainly cause survivors are so used to it being so safe and now that it's dangerous, refuse to compensate. While we're at it, let's add a teleporter in the basement that transports you to an unused pallet since basement is also too dangerous for survivors.

Uh... Balanced Landing....

Also stop being facetious. The problem was that survivors would go upstairs and if the basement wasn't in the house it was impossible to hook them. Adding a hook upstairs was unnecessary and just swings the broken factor to killer side. A hole in the floor solves the problem without breaking the game in another way. There is a difference between it being a dangerous spot to go and completely broken.

Gotta love killers mains. If you can't 4k then the game obviously favors survivors. SMH

• Broosmeister
    Broosmeister Member Posts: 281
    Options
    Just bring a toolbox and sabo the living crap out of that hook
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

@The_Crusader said:

Yeah it sucks....

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options

@MegaWaffle said:

@The_Crusader said:

Yeah it sucks....

Let's play "Where's Claudette?"

• thesuicidefox
    Options

Believe it or not, Stridor beats corn. I use it on Nurse and I can snipe you with a blink just by sound. Huntress too, but I stopped using it on Huntress because other perks are more valuable on her. Still can snipe you, and everyone says it's terrifying to run through corn not hear the TR only the lullaby and have hatchets whizzing past them like I have wall hacks (corn hacks?) or something.

But the topic here isn't Coldwind, it's Thompson House specifically the hook that was added upstairs.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

@thekiller490490 said:
     A drop down could work.

Nope, that would only create another way to loop.
    They did that on Ironworks and it sucks for killer.

• Fng36
    Fng36 Member Posts: 26
    Options
    Over thinking it as always . 2 things 1 not 100% correct when saying basement had to be at house or screwed. There so was a chance for a hook to spawn close enough to door ways could hook them no unless body blocked. 2nd thing just make the outside door hook guarantee and remove the whole hook in house issue.

Ps learn to work around not cry sabo good idea . House was meant to be scary dangerous don't take that away with a hole