An insane thought experiment...

Disclaimer: I don't think this should ever be in the game. This is absolutely overpowered and would probably completely kill the game. This is just for fun and should not be taken seriously.

How would a game that had the killer switch which killer they are every minute go? They can even choose who they become in a queue system. What challenges would survivors have to adapt for in this game?

Comments

• Professor_Fizz
    Professor_Fizz Member Posts: 96

I feel like a system like this would just make every killer go in with a lineup of every speed killer in the game, because a lot of the other killers require buildup which is absolutely pointless if you changed killers every minute.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,475

This seems interesting so ill make a list by elimination which killers this wouldn't work for to have as part of this "rotation"

Some killers can't work in a minute so the options will start limited

Trapper

Hag

Oni

Myers

No set up time means killer with little to no power 4/24

Killers that spawn objects to interact with wouldn't work as most of the interactable would have to be there / follow between killers having 6+ things to interact with due to a rotation of killers would be a lot on the map to deal with

Plague (fountains)

Freddy (alarm clocks)

Pig (jigsaw boxes)

Nemesis (vaccine boxes)

Demo (portals) or just don't let him have portals only shred

Twins (victor) playing as victor then switching while being victor halfway across the map would feel bad

10/24 or 9/24

So other than maybe those 9~10 killers the other 14 would work decently in a rotation as their powers are less dependent on other factors the only changes the killers would have to be

Pyramid head torment is removed upon him switching out

Doctor madness removed when he is switched out

Deathslinger survivor is freed from chain when switched out

But if they don't want to deal with those complications then it would be 13/24

so depending on your view point you could have it switch between 11 killers, 14 killers or 15 killers, depending on extra limitations

• Jivetalkin13
    Jivetalkin13 Member Posts: 747

I feel like if you spent your first minute setting up traps as Trapper, you could get a surprise edge. Then, the next minute, a stealthy killer like Ghostface to get a quick down, then go fast and hard with Legion or Plague and Oni in the next minutes, then finish with Cannibal for a solid game.

• Jivetalkin13

Who said anything about stuff being removed? Like I said, this is a completely insane idea that would never happen, but whose to say we can't talk about it? Also, yeah, the game has limitations, but in this scenario I say who cares? This just fun for the sake of fun and there isn't enough of it going around at the moment.

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882

Now now, crazy idea. Lets say some objects left behind from a killer were to remain (like Trapper's traps, or Pig's traps. Because it wouldn't be fair to have that much set up lead to nothing). So now we're Nemesis, and when we leave we leave behind contamination, vaccines, and... Zombies? Then suddenly we're someone else, maybe Ghostface trying to creep people out and get them to run into zombies. Now, if the Queue system allows us to pick who we want could we go Nemesis again? Last theoretical of this theoretical situation, could the killer's assets reset?

My idea, is it possible to get 4 Zombies? Could we go further, could we have around 10 of them? Would this be at all possible?

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,475

Well this is what I wanted to talk about it, bring the idea down to earth by eliminating elements that might cause problems and move on from there, with an idea that now works within the boundary's of the game without any worry for factors that prevent it or might prevent it from actually working. To move it from crazy idea to interesting concept since it now has realistic boundaries that make it possible to work within the confines of the game

• Jivetalkin13

In the scenario I'm thinking about, objects absolutely remain. Traps, Jigsaw boxes, fountains, zombies, etc. But, stacking objects? I don't think that would make sense, even in this craziness. Also, I think once you play one killer, you wouldn't be able to play them again until you use all your killers. I won't say all killers because not everyone owns every killer.

• Jivetalkin13

I guess I can see where you're coming from, and it definitely isn't a bad way to look at it.