The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Voice chat?

Otakucherrys
Otakucherrys Member Posts: 1

What do you think about the survivors being able to communicate during games?

Voice chat? 56 votes

No. That’s horrible
51%
MandyrhaGibberishSeiko300juk3ta1entTapeKnotkaeruRyDSacrilegeGGxEaKeezoShapedSackboy123Mooks[Deleted User]OrangeJackChurchofPigglitchboixtr4meFobbo 29 votes
Yes, I think it would be a good idea
23%
Starr43GlamourousLeviathanMaxwellHippieTripleStealhilapastaViktor1853gilgamerTrickstaaaaaN_CrawlerTigerwaveHigh5YourFacepatriotsteeler05 13 votes
Other.
25%
[Deleted User]musstang62TaigaSunaIIanuRoboMojoIcewhisperTatariuMadLordJackVyne456BoobasyainOtakucherrysGamerEzraD4M4VR1CK 14 votes

Comments

• syain
    syain Member Posts: 440
    Other.

For some regions like EU and NA this might work. As an SA player I think there would be too much of a language barrier between portuguese and spanish speakers for example for this to be useful. Something similar might happen in Asia, though I think access to english there is easier.

• Pookalookie
    Pookalookie Member Posts: 31
    No. That’s horrible

Killers already get frustrated when they see a survive with friends so I’m not sure if the community would be for this. Also it was intentional to limit the communication between survivors to make it more eerie and immersive.

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 873

I see no harm in there being a chat for the 4 survivors so they have the option to join in or mute etc. Most people these days have mics but don’t use them to communicate anyway so a vast majority might just listen in at the very most. I mean it’s rare to come across a random in a game with accurate/useful call-outs to begin with so I don’t think it would be that big of a deal while playing killer when 4 randoms can chat but hypothetically 2 are muted and the other one is telling them “the killer is at the fire.. you know the fire barrel thingy” or “come heal me, I’m near the wooden box next to a tree” lol but having the option to chat in-game would be nice. I mean nothing is stopping 4 console players from starting a party chat or cross-platform players all joining a discord call. It would just be more accessible and convenient as an in-game feature.

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 810
    Other.

I don't think it would work that well for EU either. There are many different languages in the EU and while english is teached in school in many countries that doesn't mean that everyone is willing or able to speak it.

I like the idea of a text system where you can communicate over fixed phrases.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Other.

Communication? Yes, solo survivors are by far the weakest role in the game. Even trapper with Padded Jaws is stronger. Voice chat? Nope. Even ignoring various language barriers, it's borderline impossible to punish people for screaming toxicity in your ear under BHVR's standards.

A wheel with come contextual callouts would be perfectly adequate.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 537
    edited July 2021
    No. That’s horrible

It is already there btw

• D4M4VR1CK
    D4M4VR1CK Member Posts: 58
    Other.

if you wanted to implement this, it should proxy chat. So you have to be quiet most of the time so the killer won't hear you.

• GamerEzra
    GamerEzra Member Posts: 941
    Other.

Maybe, if they add a gamemode for this.

• Vyne456
    Vyne456 Member Posts: 848
    Other.

If you hear some salt. It’s not my fault, it’s their.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068
    Other.

Rather than voice chat (because I think that would just be really annoying with randoms), I think quick-text prompts, or ping indicators would be better for this game.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    Other.

As others have said, I think a ping system would be better. For example, you could ping a gen you're working on and it would tell everyone 'I'm working on a gen, it's current progress is 60% to completion' or something like that.

• Booba
    Booba Member Posts: 62
    Other.

Yes, I think it would be horrible lmao

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981

For balance purposes, I think It would be better to always assume that the survivors are on coms than just once in a few games. Since SWF already break the game, lets balance it around them.

• musstang62
    musstang62 Member Posts: 517
    Other.

Ping system like HSHS or Identity V basic messages to teammates would be ideal. I hope that was the entire reason for the HUD remake

Everyone's been saying that forever, but it would be great to just bridge the gap between SWF and solos, then buff killers across the board accordingly. Game would be much more balanced instead of the current hierarchy of SWF having a huge advantage over killer, and killer having a big advantage over solos

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

Yes but its the reason why SWF is so much stronger then solo this would bring them closer and as such devs would be able to better balance the game between SWF and solo