The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Breakable walls

entitydispleaser
entitydispleaser Member Posts: 31
edited July 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Am I the only one tired of breakable walls aka “pre dropped god pallets”. What was the point of adding them on maps in doorways where originally that door way was already opened before the map change? And there’s going to be people saying “just break the wall at the start” as if time isn’t already a major thing when playing as killer. I haven’t met a single person who actually likes breakable walls. All it did was creat infinites again

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,956

In a ideal dbd they would only be on saloon and midwich because those are the only maps where they worked well in my opinion

• PassarinoT
    PassarinoT Member Posts: 910

I may be masochistic for it, but I love 'em. But not the kind where it's like a huge difference between an infinite and a sudden deadzone. Those walls are annoying. I like the ones where it alters the map's layout and creates shortcuts. Not completely chase altering, but it does shake things up.

One thing I would LOVE is if Gas Heaven got a breakable wall to break in the center of those long lines of car stacks.

• Bonquiqui414
    Bonquiqui414 Member Posts: 222

What’s that?

sincerely a nurse/hag main

• Tierce
    Tierce Member Posts: 3

Why are breakable walls "pre dropped god pallets"? Survivors can't vault over them...?

They block the survivor just as much as they block you.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Allow me to introduce myself, I love breakable walls. I like the control they give me... and also the free points. And I like breaking them because the animation is often pretty funny.

Please add more breakable walls than the Saloon map on every map. Thank you!

• entitydispleaser

Well obviously they can’t vault over them. But you’re forced to break alot of them on some males because it creates an infinite which is why I said pre dropped god pallet. The fact that there’s maps where there’s a window by a breakable wall and the killer is forced to break it is in no way balanced

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,059

They're usually next to extremely powerful windows.

Breakable walls are fine in maps where they actually function as walls you may want up and may want down, depending on whether the killer needs more mobility or if it aids them for survivors to have less. Those maps include Saloon (somewhat, it also has totally necessary breaks), Yamaoka, Badham, and The Game. Other maps typically place breakable walls next to god windows and the killer has no choice but to remove them ASAP or get infinite looped.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Oh good, another chance for me to mention my favorite way to use these.

Midwich, take the time to kick down only 1 of the 2 Breakable Walls that block the secret tunnel that goes from floor to floor.

Have had quite a few Survivors by now that seem to think that i probably broke both BWs to create that shortcut, while actually IT'S A DEATH TRAP!

And that works out just great for Wraith who can get that first hit in quite easily anyway: Bonk 'em and lead 'em in there, then bodyblock for a down.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

These damn walls make my non nemsis, demo, nurse games incredibly annoying. Some are not as bad badham is not as frustrating but then again that map is a joke in general.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419

"grrrr I hate it when my maps have depth and strategy. Bring back the monotonous loop-to-loop chases. I'm sick and tired of having to think about what routes I want open and not"

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
  • Crazziiboi97
    Crazziiboi97 Member Posts: 11

I find breakable walls annoying on both sides. I am a doctor main as killer so the ones near windows are just free hits if you shock them first. But it can be quite the time waster, or I just forget where they are and run into one.

on the survivor side there are definitely some walls that killers never break like the back entrance of the school that are just annoying. I wish there was a toolbox addon or something that allowed survivors to break them down too, but at the cost of time +noise notifications or something, so high risk potentially high reward.

• entitydispleaser

so you believe that a god window next to a breakable wall requires any form of skill for survivor? If you choose not to break it in the beginning of the game, at some point you’re going to lose a chase there because a door that was originally opened before a map rework, is now blocked off. If you choose to go and break all these walls next to god windows or loops, then that’s time you waste and the survivors get more time on gens. You’re just as clueless as the devs if you have that mindset. That’s not strategy. More like poor game design and most people agree it is

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 902

They are annoying on the survivor side too, especially on the Game and Badam. I think Badam school needed some way to slow down the loop potential but I'm not sure BW was it.

• meowzilla69
    meowzilla69 Member Posts: 408
  • RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

I'm not a huge fan on how they did breakable walls specifically with the map reworks.

For example The Game. Why would you break most of the walls? You benefit more by not breaking them.

An example of the opposite is Rancid Abattoir where they put walls on doorways that were previously opened before the rework.

I personally believe a good spot for a breakable wall is the Shack. I don't think the Spot they put the breakable wall on Dead dawg is the best but it improves on what has already existed rather then forcing the killer to break a wall that was previously opened.