Be Honest With Me Squad, Is There Really ANY Reason To Play Nice?

Options

This goes for killer or survivor

Comments

• Zokenay
    Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158
    Options

For the fun aspect more than anything, nobody likes matches that dont last and were heavily one sided.

I personally when i play as killer often ignore people that are dead on hook, usually trying to first get everyone to that stage and then kill them like that, rather than tunnel them, of course if they push me hard i would stop going easy.

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521
    Options

Depends what you mean tho are you playing nice/toxic because u want so or u see no reason to? There's no any legitimate reason you should play nice but some ppl prefer it as their playstyle or personality over being not nice I won't say toxic. If u think your style is more of those not nice than play like that some of other ppl want to do completely opposite for their own fun not others just like you can choose to play "not nice" if that makes you entertained

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

as a killer, I feel like I'm an "entertainer". I'm here to put on some clown makeup, do a couple tricks and make your kids laugh.

So when the audience immediately just heckles you, boos you, pelts tomatoes at you and they all just leave before you even finish your first Act, that's how you get Spirit/Wraith players.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

If you want people to have fun. I like making games more fun. I want the other side (whether I play survivor or killer, and I play both) to enjoy themselves.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699
    Options

The only reason you should play nice is if that is how you enjoy the game.

There is no other reason for or against playing nice.

If empathizing with the other side scratches an itch for you, then be a good sport when push comes to shove.

If asserting your dominance, and showing the other side how good you are, scratches an itch for you, then play the game in a manner which you believe is most optimal.

DBD is PvP. I think people are naive to expect either side to play nice in a game where one side comes out the victor

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

I play nice all the time, which probably blows the mind of a lot of killer mains, but I do. I see teammates being toxic and I'm like, if you get hooked, you're on your own. I purposely let killers hit me out just for extra points if they didn't camp, tunnel, and slug, which is extremely rare. I stay at the gates and let noob Nurses and Huntresses get hits on me when I'm guessing the poor soul playing is just doing it for a daily challenge. I stay behind and let the entity kill me sometimes when killers are just meme'ing or crown hunting. If someone DC's and the killer decides to farm (incredibly rare these days), I stay behind about half the time. Most of those instances, the killer downs me and walks me to the gate.

When I play killer, I often let go good survivors even if I down them. I don't mean particularly skilled, but good teammates who take risks and help their fellow survivors out, and not the Claudettes who did nothing risky the entire game.

• jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827
    Options

I'd say I play nice both sides. I'm a respectful survivor, unless the killer is tunneling or camping me or someone else, then it's time for merciless bming. I never tunnel or camp as killer, unless a survivor is being a bming twit, and even then I don't really Target them but any mercy I would have shown them is gone.

As goodboykaru said I find it to be treat others as you want to be treated. We've all been screwed over and bullied by each side in this game, it really says something about the people engaging in that behavior, and it doesn't say anything good. Sadly I think most dbd games have at least 1 douche player and usually more, I'm literally often just grossed out by how sorry some players play/act. Humanity sucks and dbd proves it.

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 872
    Options

I always have the most fun when I could easily get players out of the game but show that I’m not going to so the game plays out as normal.. we go on more chases.. maybe mess around a bit near the end and we all leave happy.. assuming the survivors realize I’m not going to kill them but throughout the match the chases are legitimate.

not for everyone but I enjoy it.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    Options

Not really, no. Obviously it's nice to play nice (duh) but you're under no obligation to do so. As long as you aren't cheating, it's whatever.

• SloppyVoldemort
    SloppyVoldemort Member Posts: 452
    Options

I just feel out the game and decide on the way if I will be nice or not.

If I get genrushed to oblivion and I get the chance to snowball the team in the end (because they just fall for my traps (as trapper) as flies), I kill all of them or just as much as I can.

If they don't genrush and I feel like I have a chance to can play nice, I will do it 100%. With events even more, since I experienced dumb behaviour before from others.

As survivor I do the same. If the killer just camps and tunnels right off the bat, I'm in no way going to play nice in return. If the killer plays "normal" (like, give everyone the chance at some points and the feeling I could do something) I will totally play nice too. Don't mind if I get killed in the end or not.

Occasionally farm matches I can enjoy too. It takes some pressure off and everyone walks away with some nice points.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Do you want to be part of the problem that's strangling the life from the game, or do you want bloodpoints?

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871
    Options

Not perpetrating toxicity is enough of a reason to me.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,004
    Options

Not really other than being a nice guy

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

I play nice and do meme builds because I already got a majority of the achievements. Rank 1 means nothing to me. I gain nothing from winning. Why would I want to please the Entity? What's that killer going to do? Kill me?

I get a lot of fun out of this game by messing around. I don't mess around TOO much because a lot of survivors at high ranks queue up to get their mettle tested and expect you to press on them but I'll drop into memes at the drop of a hat.

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815
    Options

Depends on your goals and your definitions.

I don't start out that aggressive. I start a game planning on killing everyone by hooking them three times. I think that's nice. When players are inexperienced, I'll go easy on them because stomping them doesn't feel fun. I try to make the game scary for them while still giving them a chance. I like giving hatch, it's both nice and a flex showing I own that map. I don't want players leaving the match hating the game, quite the opposite, I want it to be exciting. That's my job, without me it's a gen-repair simulator.

To be clear, I like to let everyone play and have a good time, but I get mad when people act like I have to. I don't owe you #########, I'll play however I want. If you don't like it, run. I'm the killer.

Also I like to play nice because that gives me a place to go when someone wants to piss me off. There's nothing sweeter than playing chill and then stomping the ######### out of someone that didn't appreciate my chill. Going from 65 to 100 on a fool is awesome. You go to prison for that ######### in real life, in DBD I get points for it. ######### genius.

So there are reasons to be nice, but I think this game would be boring if everyone played the same. I love it when a survivor is doing some ######### plays. I love it when they try to piss me off. It's fun when it's personal.

Ultimately, I play nice because I am nice. I don't want to ruin anyone's time, it's a game and I'm glad others are willing to let me try to kill them.

But I play how I want, if you don't like it, run.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568
    Options

I play nice because I don't feel good ruining expirience to other players.

If you are sadist, you might enjoy facecamp and slug to death as killer. Or make streaks of stuns and blinds as survivor. I understand that. It's matter of your personality.

• MrBuffalo
    MrBuffalo Member Posts: 312
    Options

When ever I run fun builds I get tunneled by the killer and he calls me trash for dying so early :')

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

I play both sides. I have empathy. I usually play nice because I often feel crappy if I don't, and there's no "thrill" in winning that overcomes that. I'm not really competitive, my playstyle is casual, so my goals are usually to do a challenge or earn BP rather than kill/escape.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    Options

No. There is no particular reason to play nice. Personally i play nice because i feel that its my duty to make sure everybody has fun, but you have no obligation to assure fun for the other side. Its just kind to do so.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    Options

Playing nice is more fun for me, so I do it.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

Treat others how you want to be treated

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,990
    Options

Nah, there really isn't. However I prefer playing nice because it's fun for both sides. Plus, it makes me feel like a good guy.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,718
    Options

Playing nice and not tunneling/genrushing are not mutually exclusive concepts. Good sportsmanship goes a long way.

• cobalt22
    cobalt22 Member Posts: 133
    Options

I don't think you can be able to camp for so long anyways because of gen rushes but can playing nice displease entity?

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

Points.

I could slug and kill everyone, but I won't get much points.

So I give them second chances so I can get more points out of them.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,127
    Options

I am entirely convinced that this game survives purely by the goodwill of its playerbase, and that if no one decided to 'play nice', the game would die within a week.

So playing nice not only makes the game more fun and rewarding, it helps to keep it alive too.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

I personally have more fun doing so, that's my reason.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

The golden rule, treat people the way you want to be treated. I live by it. If I played killer like some of the extremists who just want to 4k, I wouldn't be able to complain as a survivor when some loser played like an absolute joker. I love complaining and I am no hypocrite, so you know, I need to play nice for that reason. Plus it prevents me from ranking up. I could easily be purple ranked if I played to win, but playing for fun gives me a nice balance of lobbies which always keeps me guessing what kind of match I will have.