What about SWF Forgiveness?

Options
I_Be_Pro_Fun
I_Be_Pro_Fun Member Posts: 73
edited July 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Exactly what the title says. Instead of nerfing SWFs, banning it, or buffing/warning the killer about them, what if the killer just got forgiveness towards emblems? For example. A 2 Man SWF gives the killers 20-25 points towards all emblems.

A 3 Man SWF gives 25-30 points in all emblems.

A 4-man gives 30-40 points in all emblems.

This way, you wanna play with friends casually? You aren't punished. You and your buddies wanna sweat and try and do your best? The killer isn't punished just for playing killer.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• I_Be_Pro_Fun
    Options

Fair enough. I can barely have fun on console as of right now, so I forgot other people played for pure fun, lol.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,087
    Options

I'd dare say I don't give...and may I be forgiven by whatever God(s) you may believe in...I don't give SIX poos about my rank.

*The Entity Strikes Tippy down with Lightning*

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521
    Options

Why should killer be awarded for nothing just because ppl play with friends? Makes no sense that's like saying giving me same thing because someone play spirit and nurse

• I_Be_Pro_Fun
    Options

Because a SWF who sets out to win puts the killer at a massive disadvantage, and unless you are playing good as a top tier killer, you are basically destined to lose?

Say you are playing a lower power killer. Or Hell, even a mid-tier killer like Pyramid Head or Deathslinger.

You come across a 4 man SWF who is setting out to win the games. Not to play casually, they wanna destroy you.

They have comms, meaning they need no information perks like bond or empathy. Already at an advantage.

They know every perk the others have, and they also know who the killer is, where the killer is, and how long until a gen their teammate is working on gets completed.

They send you to a survivor sided map like Haddonfield or the Game, and now they have map advantage.

You stand no chance, unless they play dumb, or you are the best Deathslinger/Pyramid head out there. You lose time, you lose rank, and you get 10,000 or so bloodpoints out of it.

Why should the killer be punished because you wanted to play with friends?

• justbecause
    Options

They don't get punished tho kill rate is still higher than survivor escape even with swf so I don't see a point here

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

SWF should’ve never been allowed past a two man squad.

• justbecause
    Options

I'm pretty sure they stated dc's aren't counted even if they are there are same amount of killers dcing and it's not like survivors dc every game kill rate is still higher and always will be higher killer isn't underpowered role here none side is both have fair chance depending of ur skills...but ppl will rather call their side underpowered just like survivors will call their role underpowered too it's natural to do so I did too we all did but the truth is neither side is at disvantage and sooner ppl realize that less stress and less toxicity we will have

• I_Be_Pro_Fun
    Options

When a killer is going against a 4 stack who is setting out to win, the killer is at a disadvantage. The survivors get free comms, free perks (aura reading and such,) free knowledge about the killer, gens, and their teammates,

And the killer gets depiped and no bloodpoints. All because the players they went against had an advantage.

Based game is pretty damn well balanced. But SWFs, non-casual groups at least, put the killer at a massive disadvantage. I'm not saying a speed buff or a damage buff is whats needed, just that when going against a SWF, the killer gets emblem bonuses (and possibly a BP bonus,) since most of the time, a try-hard SWF leads to a low BP depip game. The killer is punished just because the survivors were teamed up. Who does SWF forgiveness hurt?

• justbecause
    Options

That makes no sense that's like me asking for extra bp because I went against Spirit and not Pig or in ur case solo queue (pig) and swf (Spirit) makes no sense nobody should be rewarded for what they didn't earn

• I_Be_Pro_Fun
    Options

Killers are in a constant balancing act, where the devs change them to be better or weaker. Some killers are of course stronger than others, but not without their drawbacks. Some players are better on some killers, sure.

But SWF puts the survivors at a massive advantage, giving them dozens of information perks for free (so long as they are on comms, basically all are,) and breaks the game balance, since the game is not balanced around comms.

A better example would be going against a Pig, or a Pig who has a HUD that shows her all gen repair progress, the location of all four survivors at any given time, and also showed her what all 16 of the survivors perks were. Not fair, is it? Would be pretty imbalanced, and put the survivors at a massive disadvantage that would make it near impossible to win.

Since its not a feature, and uses outside sources to give you more power and knowledge, most other games would consider it as hacking. But the Devs don't consider it cheating, which I find nice. When me and my friends wanna play, I don't wanna risk getting banned. But I also feel bad for any killers we go against, because even playing casually and not sweating or trying all that hard, we have an advantage that the game is not balanced around.

• BenihimeWrath
    BenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968
    Options

First of all, why are you punishing me more by ranking up? Everyone knows DBD becomes less fun the higher rank you are.

Honestly BHVR needs to implement a marking system that allows players to communicate easily, and then knowing that all players have access to information sharing tools (Comms, marks) buff killers to compensate.

• I_Be_Pro_Fun
    Options

Y'know... Amen to that. I forgot being a high rank sucks. My monke brain just says "Entity displeased = bad"

• DropdeadPiggy
    DropdeadPiggy Member Posts: 155
    Options

Survive with friends are fine like it shouldn't be touched because if it wasn't in I wouldn't be playing this game like let's be straight up here

• I_Be_Pro_Fun
    Options

I don't think SWF should be changed, lol. Just thought it would be a decent QoL change if the killer got emblem points when going against a SWF, as the game can often times be much tougher or near impossible to win in. But as others have said, and I have realized, being high rank sucks. The depip is a mercy.