What if they change the Barbecue & Chili to an hex totem?

Options
deadbydaylightfan92
deadbydaylightfan92 Member Posts: 3
edited July 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

What it be a good idea for the next chapter update to change it up a little to a hex totem? It's like a small nerf to it since a lot of players use it.

Please tell me what y'all think of this idea!

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• HumbleDwight77
    HumbleDwight77 Member Posts: 11
    Options

I wouldn't be dead against it.. though i'm not 100% convinced it's such a strong perk that it needs to be a totem. But that's just my opinion, i'd be open to the idea.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,564
    Options

I don’t think making it a Hex perk would be a good solution.

IMO BBQ‘s aura reading could need some adjustments so it doesn’t give high mobility killers a free chase/hit but should be useful for low mobility killers..

i once suggested that it may only reveal the auras of survivors that haven’t been hooked, as this would be more in line with the bonus bp effect of the perk and wouldn’t create such a big snowball potential against lower skilled survs.

• FogofWar23
    FogofWar23 Member Posts: 75
    Options
  • Mooks
    Options

sorry but this logic can already be used now against its currently implementation. you already got all stacks for the BP and you may not see all auras because lockers, or hiding behind a gen.

and I have seen plenty of killers camping right from the beginning even though they run BBQ.

• FogofWar23
    Options

U Just said the Most counters to it If survs do Like you said No Aura No snowballig right? And Low Level survs will learn and geht gud right ?

• Mooks
    Options

That was hard to read.

we all know that not all low level survs will learn and git gud. And if my suggestion would result in killers camping then by your logic they will get genrushed by experienced survs and get a 4 man escape. So the problem of camping would get solved and killers need to git gud.

also I never said ‚no aura no snowball‘ I said that snowball potential would be smaller.

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 872
    Options

If there was a gun to my head and they told me to tell them how to change BBQ, I’d tell them to shoot.

All jokes aside.. if I HAD to change something then the most I would change is one aura per new hook so a maximum of 4 auras. Hooking someone a second time would not reveal auras..

• FogofWar23
    Options

we all know that not all low level survs will learn and git gud?sounds Like a Them issued . And yes exp survs will 4 man escap after genrush a Camping Killer, And Killer will learn Camping isnt the way to win

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,257
    Options

I think this perk is fine even though it can be annoying at times.

It's an information perk like Kindred for example.

It's not as bad as Ruin and Devour Hope. with BBQ you can hide in a locker or use Distortion to hide your Aura and it's not that punishable.

I don't think it will be worth the time to look for this totem because this information is not as critical as the other hex totem that really affects survivors gameplay.

• Mooks
    Options

So what did you want to accomplish with your edgy comment about camping?

• Mooks
    Options

I mean, to be fair, there are Hex perks that are way weaker than BBQ but that’s an entirely different problem

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options

It's currently fine as is the aura reading is very counterable and only a few killers can truly utilize the aura. Majority use it for BP that's why I see it on Trickster.

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    Options

It is true that lot of killers use it, but it's not like it is good for that many killlers. They use it just for extra BP, otherwise there are better detection perks for most killers. You really don't want to nerf it, because then killers start to use stronger perks.

Enjoy Tinkerer in every game.

• JimboMason
    JimboMason Member Posts: 759
    Options

Absolutely not, BBQ is a fine perk, it needs no changes at all

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited July 2021
    Options

Nerf a perk just because a lot of people use it? That's a terrible idea. BBQ is balanced and should stay where it is.

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109
    Options

wow so I can get my blood point bonus taken away from me like thrill of the hunt?

pass

• GamerEzra
    GamerEzra Member Posts: 941
    Options

Uh, no thx.

BBQ is one of the most balanced perks in the game.

• gnehehe
    gnehehe Member Posts: 510
    edited July 2021
    Options

No of course ... Imagine: "If the hex has been destroyed before the trial ends, the BP reward is not granted" ... KEKW

• BenihimeWrath
    BenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968
    Options

Not only should BBQ and chili not be a hex totem, it should be base kit at this point. Theres not a single killer I don't run it on now. The fact you have to pay real money for it is kind of pay to win, to be honest. If it weren't for the fact it was literally in the shrine back to back for like 8 days straight (Regular 7 day rotation + 1st day of every day rotation), I would probably be more upset about it.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,226
    Options

Im seriously shocked that so many survivors people want BBQ nerfed.

It's a perk the killer has to equip that might make them play like survivors prefer. The aura make killers leave the hook and the juicy bp bonus incites spreading rhe hooks early. On a killer perk.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,990
    Options

Yeah, let's kill the one decent perk that encourages killers to NOT camp and tunnel.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

The bait was to obvious to be spotted.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,647
    Options

Every killer perk should be a hex totem, especially monstrous shrine

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057
    Options

Didn't read all the responses but as one of the first people to reply said.. BBQ isn't strong enough to warrant being a hex perk.

And BBQ has plenty of counters. Hide in a locker, stay within the 40 meter radius, hide behind a generator.. or use one of the aura blocking perks, Distortion or Sole Survivor (ok maybe not sole survivor since it relies on your teammates to be dead)

But Distortion is a great way to know if they have BBQ or not.. lose a stack when someone gets hooked? They have it, time to seek lockers.. Kept your stacks? no BBQ, no point hiding.

That being said.. they might have other tracking perks that'll still tell them exactly where you are.. Thrilling Tremors and Hangman's Trick both act as pre-hook BBQ when you pick up and carry someone.

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 932
    edited July 2021
    Options

Just no BBQ is one of the most balanced perks in the game is fine as it is. And it encourages leaving the hook

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options

No

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

There's no reason to change a perfectly balanced perk.

If it didn't have the bloodpoint bonus a lot of people (including me) wouldn't run it.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057
    Options

Only reason I picked it up in the first place (and as you said, pretty much the main reason people use it)

Same with We're Gonna Live Forever.. before, it used to do nothing at all except be a hook farming perk... they added the faster healing speed on downed survivors, that's a nice little addition, but without the extra bloodpoints, not sure I'd run it either.