The next licensed killer is gonna be Candyman

CornHub
CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

All signs point towards Candyman being the next licensed killer. He was 100% going to be released instead of the Twins, but then the pandemic delayed the movie release, therefore his dbd release. Nemesis was released before him, because Resident Evil is a major franchise that was about to release a game & why would BHVR miss an opportunity like that? Anyone who disagrees & thinks it'll be someone else is delusional at this point.

Comments

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

I've said it many times and they called me crazy. I'm going to bet on him.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,940

Is this a meme? I remember people making fun of that guy for thinking candyman was gonna be a chapter but haha silent hill

• CornHub

The pandemic pushed it back. Sorry, but it's gonna be Candyman.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,705

‚That guy‘? There were many people expecting or speculation on Candyman and I don’t remember people making fun of that as there were reasonable hints out there..

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

Even though Candyman is probably one of the most "meh" chapter ideas for me I'll be happy for those that are excited for it. That said though, I'll continue to believe the next chapter is original until some more substantial evidence points towards, well, ANYTHING about the next chapter being licensed. The only hints we have towards the next killer is that he/she/it will have a very unique pallet breaking and pick up animation which, to me, is leading to having a lot of new animations on the level of Demo, so, who knows at this point, we could even see the Xenomorph if that's the case.

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882
    edited July 2021

The Next Super Smash Bros. Game will have Waluigi

All signs point towards Waluigi getting in Smash Bros. He was 100% going to be released alongside Wario, but then the time constraint of Brawl pushed him, therefore his fighter release. Ridley was released before him, because Metroid is a major franchise that was about to release a game (and doesn't have enough Fighters) & why would Sakurai miss an opportunity like that? Anyone who disagrees & thinks it'll be someone else is delusional at this point.

Honestly, Candyman could come but if Candyman did get in next chapter it's just because you got extremely lucky this time. There have been 8 4 chapter releases since the 4th Anniversary, and each chapter people have been saying "Candyman will come as the next chapter" since then. There's no substantial evidence Candyman is even coming to DBD. That April Fools on discord where everything was a bee? That's likely a red herring meant to confuse fans. The 4th Anniversary logo looking like a hook? No, in hindsight that was obviously a pyramid head meant to be Pyramid Head (if it was meant to be anything at all).

It's okay to be a fan of Candyman and want him in DBD, that's fine, just don't call people delusional for not believing in something that's likely not true and push literally nothing but fan speculation as objective fact.

Edit: 4 chapters released since 4th Anniversary, I can't believe I missed that for a second and actually put down 8

Post edited by CheeseAnton on
  • GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,858

We’ll have to wait and see. I wouldn’t mind Candyman in DBD tbh.

• CornHub

You just can't see the signs & the heavy hints the devs are dropping. I think people are just choosing to be oblivious at this point.

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882

I guess I can't really argue so I'll just leave it at this. As a fan of Smash Bros. my entire life basically, I no longer trust fan speculation much and the only way for me to think Candyman is coming is to see actual gameplay of him (and no, not just him in a lobby screen, I seen that enough especially with the Rayman leak. Actual gameplay in a match like the Ghostface leak)

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

Please, I just want candyman

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878

I would love this, and I really hope if they do it that they get Tony Todd’s voice. It just won’t be the same without it.

• yui_best_girl_at_me
    yui_best_girl_at_me Member Posts: 80
    edited July 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMh5ndz03Nk this is a lot more likley i would say

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

I hope not. I wanna more popular licenses: Chucky, Jason, Pennywise, Dracula (Free License) etc.

• Lambch0p
    Lambch0p Member Posts: 57

Where and when did you hear about this? I’ve been looking everywhere for hints about the next killer and I’ve heard nothing about this. Other than pennywise a xenomorph is the killer I want the most.

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109

so how can survivors say candyman 5 times if they can't talk?

• Lord_Tony

pennywise is a being of light, his clown form is a mere avatar.

pennywise is on a level similar to entity so I highly doubt he would make it.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

Maybe Entity can invite him for fun? And he loves playing with victims and if Entity promise him so much victims (survivors) he can join the party.

Myers can not control by Entity but he is here. Freddy is God of Dream World but he is also here for more victims.

• Lord_Tony

isn't pennywise also an omniversal being? He is literally from another universe unlike the other killers

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Finally an excuse add voicelines to the game. I want "welcome to prime time, -" Please and thank you.

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,486

Ash and Trickster both already have legible lines, and the Plague speaks also.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

Seeing how far in advance they plan chapters, I don't think that Candyman was ever planned for last year. That would mean that they were creating 2 chapters for the same time just in case Candyman had to be pushed back and that's literally a waste of time and resources. I get people want to believe that seeing how all 3 original chapters came across when they released last year, but let's face it the original killers were bad in their ptbs because they were just bad (Blight now in the top 5 of killers at the very least). I personally don't think it's as easy as people make it out to be for license holders to just have chapters pushed back to when they want them, they made a legal contract after all for the license to be in the game and I'm sure a release schedule would have been talked about.

That being said, I wouldn't be mad if we got a Candyman chapter, it's just not my top pick.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395

Not my favorite but i would be happy for those who like him.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

It's more that when they heard the Candyman film was being postponed, they rushed the Twins' release, which is why they were so buggy. That's essentially a conspiracy theory at this point, but it's what people think.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    edited July 2021

I don't believe that they'd just have another chapter waiting in the wings incase of a potential delay. They can barely get one made properly in time

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

That may also make sense, many people talk on the internet that it can be an Original Killer, If it has a license, it may be between Pennywise, Alien and Candyman, I'm not really sure, since Behavior declared Dead by Daylight as the saloon of fame of horror. Many companies want to have a collaboration. We will have to wait for the teaser or a trailer in August.

• DwarvenTavern

And to support your point even further, this is not the first time this happened. Leatherface and Freddy actually had the same issue as well.

Freddy was the first license Bhvr were trying to nab after Michael. But, the studio that owned the license were so unsure of the idea, they want to but, it could be a disaster.

So, while Bhvr were trying to think of a chapter to get instead, the company that owned LEATHERFACE reached out to them. They got so excited so they started working. As they were working, the company that owned Freddy also agreed.

Bhvr had two licenses they needed to work out at the same time. It's why Kate who looks suspiciously like Sally was released much later with clown who came right out after Pig, why Coldwind got an update to have the Thompson house that looks suspiciously like Leatherface's, and why those two were ultimately the weakest killers in the game before they got their reworks

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,112

There was a quote during the loading screen which went something like "Not the bees!!".

No idea if it means anything or not. BHVR have hidden clues in crazier places.

• DwarvenTavern

Remember when the number 4 for the 4th anniversary was the clue and we had no idea?

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,271

Then it releases and turns out to be the Kandyman from Doctor Who instead.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,112

Hence the "BHVR have hidden clues in crazier places". I do remember someone guessing correctly though on it! Can't remember who, but it was a clever bit of deducing! A few others and me thought Nemesis would be the killer based on similar thinking, but that could be pure luck.

Either which way, Candyman would be a nice addition!

• Orion

To be fair, a lot of people said it was Pyramid Head based on the stylized number 4. I (and others) dismissed it because the number 4 just looks like Pyramid Head by default.

• ChurchofPig

Literally my only question to that then (and obviously not pointed at you because it sounds like you don't believe it) is when do they think All-Kill was going to be released? Do people think it was created and "ready" for ptb in 2 months?

• Orion

What does All-Kill have to do with it, though?

For what it's worth, I think the devs have stated that by the time one chapter releases, they've already been working on the next one for some time.

• Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822

Tony Todd has been talking about recording dialogue for a horror game this year, he does a good amount of voice acting so it could easily be something else but he did reply with something pretty cryptic to a tweet that asked about Candyman in DbD. Maybe if someone could get him to spill some of the dialogue we could confirm, "Be My Victim" would be a dead giveaway. I think we've got a pretty good chance at Candyman dlc and would totally lose my mind; I've wanted another major icon in the game so badly and the last one I got was Ghostface. However unless they dropped the ptb a bit earlier I don't think the schedule quite lines up with the late August release of DeCosta's new Candyman; though it'd be one hell of a banger movie tie-in promotion. Really hoping we're right on this one.

• Eye66

I want an occasional "Tell em' Freddy sent ya" on moris and death hooks

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Oh, I love you so much. That was the quote I actually wanted, but you know, keep it simple so people know what you are talking about. Ha ha ha...

• Eye66

I personally think a xenomorph wouldn't quite be a good fit because the creature is just too deadly in the settings trials take place in, it's so fast there's no chance a human can straightup outrun it. It beats out the Demogorgon in speed and probably strength too, plus it's a fantastic climber and wouldn't stay on the ground. It'd basically have to be a demogorgon that can climb walls, jump, shred/pounce, smash pallets with basic attacks, and move at 7m/s to stay faithful enough to the creature's abilities

• Eye66

I still say it all the time when I play Freddy lol, its also what I named the Mori-based build I had for him. I use this non-canon catchphrase a lot too

• ChurchofPig

I just mean (in reference to this conspiracy theory people have), if Twins was released early to fill the void Candyman left, it was going to be the next chapter. So then A Binding of Kin would have been the spring chapter and then when was All-Kill, which is the spring chapter, supposed to release? It's just a hole in peoples theory that I'm not sure they thought out when creating the theory of "Oh Twins was supposed to be later but pushed out early because of Candyman issues."

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,705

It’s really not that much of a conspiracy theory but could actually make sense to postpone the Candyman chapter die to licensing issues. If that was what happened then they would obviously have known it in advance (probably even before the public knew about the movie getting postponed) and already prepared and worked on the chapters that get released earlier because of that. All-Kill could easily have been planned as chapter 21.

the thing is.. we don’t know and probably never will know. But both versions (Candyman chapter being postponed and Candyman chapter was never meant for 2020) are both perfectly reasonable scenarios. They start work AT LEAST 9 month in advance on a chapter before it gets released, so obviously they already had progress on Binding of Kin and All-Kill.