Is Wraith basically the new Spirit?

Options
CornHub
CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

Can't go 5 matches without seeing one, someone's DCing in some point in the match, & they're all running meta perks(nothing wrong with that). The same way there's stridor spirits there's boneclapper wraiths & I can't go a game without seeing one.

Comments

• CornHub
    Options

She's bugged so you can't hear footsteps iirc & I haven't seen a licensed killer in ages.

• dragobv
    dragobv Member Posts: 304
    Options
  • lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

I'm going through a toxic phase with Wraith. I face a Freddy main playing Wraith and I'm all like "aight thats it, ill show you how to play wraith."

• Bluerry
    Bluerry Member Posts: 233
    Options

ı think wraith is the most picked killer in these days andı don't like playing against him due to some wierdest add ons like seeing people in 12 meters yeah what skill based killer he is at least that add on should be changed

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Wraith is the new pre-nerf Freddy. Ridiculously easy relative to their strength vs average survivors. And his power synergizes really well with meta slowdowns. You don't have to be good at killer or actually win chases to do well with Wraith. Just hit and run and play around slowdowns. Not OP, just really annoying because you're very likely to have 2 or 3 teammates in solo queue who have no understanding of positioning and no game sense at all.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

Wraith has a great base kit. I think his speed up addons need a look at.

• Axx
    Axx Member Posts: 392
    Options

Wraith is a relatively easy killer to play. He does fairly well vs most players. He still gets stomped by competent players due to him being an M1 killer though.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

I've been playing Headpopping Pig. I won't be surprised if people are calling for nerfs for her soon.

Next up we're going to have people claim CMWinter is proof that Pig is overpowreed.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

Lately I see a lot of Wraith, destroying in my games, will this be, his rise?

• Piruluk
    Piruluk Member Posts: 995
    Options

Wraith is brainless, you master him after 10 games.

Yet he is extremely strong for no effort.

• Laurie268
    Laurie268 Member Posts: 564
    Options

I’ve been playing him alot lately to use up all his cakes and the biggest mistake I see people make is camping pallets. You counter him by holding W at pallets when he uncloaks and vaulting windows.

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170
    edited July 2021
    Options

Yes. Wraith is nearly everything people claim Spirit is. He has unlimited speed boost while cloaked whereas spirit has a time limit and recharge timer. Wraith gives no warning when he's approaching until he gets close. You can see spirit anywhere on the map and her power makes a noise within a certain distance. You can trick a spirit by hiding your scratch marks and sounds. Wraith can see you even while cloaked. He can body block, see through walls, and break pallets and damage gens with increased speed. His add-ons help him hide when he's using his power. If you think Wraith has more counterplay than spirit then you're just on the hate spirit bandwagon imo.

• Piruluk
    Options

So Wraith is harder to master in your opinion than looping?

Strange opinion

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Why does everyone compare Wraith to random killers? I've seen Spirit, Freddy and Nurse. When will the madness stop?! He's not at all like any of those killers.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

So is thinking that mastering any killer can be done in 10 games including all the M1 mindgames to counter good looping.

Also a strange opinion but you seem to have it. I was just giving you a responce with as much effort as you put into your first one.

• Piruluk
    Options

Probably because half of games nothing but Wraith, with all seeing eye, so annoying.

And when rarely play killer my best performing one Wraith, otherwise I am purple at most, but with Wraith red ranked.

He is so simple to play and only very good survivor can destroy Wraith, but most player cant do anything against Wraith, and he is 100% to get a free hit, insane lunge, broken addons. And insane speed to.

No skill at all,brainless,cant be countered unless one is a god looper

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Not remotely no. In fact I don't see the point in discussing nerfs of any killer while she exists as she is.

He could do with some of his addons being looked at, spirit is stupid even without addons.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

Honestly we need to stop putting people down for playing someone just because it's easy.

I mean look at Survivor gameplay.

We don't put people down for playing Survivor, now do we?

Not really a need for mechanical skill, learn a couple of jukes and loops, just hope your teammates do the same.

Unless of course, you just want to win easily and not care that other people are also having fun? Because that sounds like it.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Spine chill and sprint Burst.

Drop the pallet early.

Congratulations, you just beat a m1 killer without terror radius.

You're welcome.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited July 2021
    Options

He’s nowhere near her level. Wraith just got the loving he deserves after so long and some Survivors are unsurprisingly refusing to adapt and just begging for nerfs instead.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

Dude, he's B tier. Wraith is not hard to play around.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

Similar experience. Plus double windstorm makes Wraith almost as fast as Spirit, so why hinder yourself by losing visual on survivors while phasing.

The only thing I passionately hate with Wraith is “All Seeing” - Blood. That add on can be kicked repeatedly in the nuts.

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777
    Options

I went against the insta break pallets build on Wraith. I wasn’t even crying, my friends and I were laughing are asses off. We somehow had done 4 gens and I escaped through hatch, but Jesus is that overwhelming

• Gaffy
    Gaffy Member Posts: 222
    Options

No I believe Spirit would be the new Spirit.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882
    Options

All seeing blood shouldn't exist anymore.

• kyogul
    kyogul Member Posts: 491
    Options

Wraith is the new Freddy, not the new Spirit.

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,027
    edited July 2021
    Options

it's funny because even pre-buff, wraith with windstorm and another addon of choice was very similar to now. the only difference is that he has a slightly better lunge, doesn't have to run windstorm, and has invis beyond 20m, which are all REALLY good buffs, but he was still pretty ######### similar before the buff.

it's just that the popular opinion is that he's overtuned now. you could perform really well with him before all of this #########, you could play the same exact hit and run playstyle with windstorm, but everyone listened to otz, tofu, and every other content creator that said he was garbage when he wasn't. it's really funny to see people complain about him now when he was very similarly unfun to face before.

• MyersIsPantless
    MyersIsPantless Member Posts: 104
    Options

no not at all, i’m seeing more freddys then wraiths and spirits

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878
    edited July 2021
    Options

Depends on how you mean it. In that you see him all the time? Yes. I would say I see the Wraith every two out of 10 games. In that he has no counterplay is overpowered? No. I’m just bored of him.

Post edited by VioletCrimes on
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Member Posts: 213
    Options

Of course. Nurse is an m1 killer. Spirit, blight, hag... All of them are consideres top tier killers.

• Thanotos_Omega
    Thanotos_Omega Member Posts: 100
    Options

Survivors won't be happy until all killers are 110% M1 killers with no powers at all,

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

Wraith is the new Ghostface because of stealth. Except he is even better because muh movement speed. /s

• Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Member Posts: 213
    Options

Killers won't be happy until all games are 4k with zero effort.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    Options

no hes is not but he is fun to use , easy af and decently strong... tbh id rather play against wraith non stop than spirit any day of the week, at least agaisnt wraith you cna play the game something you can not do against spirit, if she is good at the game of course (the thing is, you dont really need to be good at the game, just a good pair of headphones and some software changes to make it even easier.)

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

People out here really think Wraith and Spirit are in the same world of strength.

• MrCrazyCat62
    MrCrazyCat62 Member Posts: 168
    Options

Ive seen only 2 spirits the last 2 weeks. Now bubba or ghostface on the other hand...

• Vampirox
    Vampirox Member Posts: 411
    Options

the all seeing addon is not my problem with wraith its his movement speed while cloaked addons, so ######### broken without draw backs

• DangerScouse
    DangerScouse Member Posts: 989
    Options

Gotta love survivor mains. Literally any killer who can't be stomped on and teabag taunted all game, and god forbid has any kind of advantage..... and the whingers come out in force.

I've an idea for a killer, as designed by survivors. He's called "The Fridge Freezer". He's literally a fridge freezer. He can't move at all, and has no basic attack. But activating his power gives all the survivors an ice cream which increases gen repair speed by 100%. See, solved it. Happy survivors now?

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

No, just a pubstomper now.

Throw on sloppy butcher and play hit and run with the pallet breaking add on and its practically impossible to lose.

• gibblywibblywoo
    Options

I would argue that the full invisibllity combined with the speed is a little crazy. That said I don't agree with the people that think his lunge should have been nerfed.

• CornHub
    Options
  • blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

Fr, Wraith is boring came up a lot too after his buff.

Strong=boring apparently

• gibblywibblywoo
    edited July 2021
    Options

I think its more to do with the chase. Wraith is an ambusher, he hits you, leaves, and comes back. Most of the newer, stronger killers are also incredibly oppressive in a chase or can end them before they start.

This is boring to most players because the chase is usually the only actually fun part of playing survivor. Strong = boring is a cop out line people throw out when they don't understand this. Very few people complain about Nurse nowadays despite her strength. People never used to complain about Billy much either. Or Huntress outside of latency. All strong chasers.