Any fix for error code 8014?

I've been stuck with it since the update today. I've restarted Steam and also tried verifying the files and neither thing has worked. Would be nice to actually play the game.

I'm guessing it's something to do with EAC as it doesn't seem to appear before the game launches like it usually does.

Comments

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

have you tried turning it off and on again

actually, try to uninstall and reinstall, I may play xbox but I do have steam and installed and uninstalled the game deceit to fix an issue and it worked

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

@alivebydeadight said:

actually, try to uninstall and reinstall, I may play xbox but I do have steam and installed and uninstalled the game deceit to fix an issue and it worked

Sadly a reinstall didn't work. Looks like the game is unplayable for me until the Devs do something about it.

• YeetoDorito
    YeetoDorito Member Posts: 55

got the same problem :(

• MojoTheFabulous

@YeetoDorito said:
    got the same problem :(

Hopefully we can get some word from the Devs and hopefully soon because not being able to play the game is quite the pain in the ass.

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@MojoTheFabulous said:

@alivebydeadight said:

Sadly a reinstall didn't work. Looks like the game is unplayable for me until the Devs do something about it.

okay, have you tried turning it off and on again?

• MojoTheFabulous

@not_Queen said:
    Hello!
    The error 8014 is a Connection error that occurs when you cannot connect to our backend services.
    It is normally caused by an overflow of our backend servers and will be resolved by itself when the system is stable.

If the issue is still happening, I'd like to get a bit more information from you.

It's fine for now. The game will launch properly with EAC if I use the Steam app but if I use my taskbar shortcut EAC won't load and i'll be hit with 8014.

• B_wolf_darko
    B_wolf_darko Member Posts: 2

I have the same problem since the update, I do not know what to do if someone has a solution add me to steam pls

• MojoTheFabulous

@B_wolf_darko said:

I have the same problem since the update, I do not know what to do if someone has a solution add me to steam pls

Have you tried launching the game from your Steam Library? It's what works for me.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

One thing to suggest is to make sure that after you uninstall do a restart to clean out anything still left in the cache. The other thing to ensure is your cpu/video card aren't overheating since those tend to mess with your nic card 1st.

You'll definitely want to check out your power options settings since a lot of times nic cards are lowest priority when there's an issue. For laptops if you're low on power that's the 1st thing the laptop kills off to save power.

• burak1998_20
    burak1998_20 Member Posts: 173
    I trying everything but not working what is this is this ######### christmas joke?
  • RAM_RAM
    RAM_RAM Member Posts: 2

the first time i used DBD it crashed. But now it cannot connect to backend servers, like wha happened

• nerae
    nerae Member Posts: 1

@MojoTheFabulous said:

@B_wolf_darko said:

Have you tried launching the game from your Steam Library? It's what works for me.

This worked for me! Thankyou :)

• MojoTheFabulous

@nerae said:

@MojoTheFabulous said:

@B_wolf_darko said:

This worked for me! Thankyou :)

Glad to hear it because it sadly doesn't work for everyone.

• Infinity_Bored
    Infinity_Bored Member Posts: 445

I got this problem today too.
    Game starts to lag heavy when i press space.
    I have no idea what caused this.
    Until now i played 3200h without any problems.

• lFrezzy
    lFrezzy Member Posts: 1

@Infinity_Bored I have the same problem i solucioned executing Steam as administrator!

i hope help you!!

• Stormierphoenix0
    Stormierphoenix0 Member Posts: 1

I do have an issue with this as well. I was doing my own thing a few hours ago, just messing around with Trapper and then switching to some Survivor, when I left and turned off my PS4. When I got back on, I got "Error Code 8014". I'm rather confused as to what to do, as It won't even work on my Alt accounts (which I never really play DBD on, they're usually for testing to see if my online stuff is working). Is this a server issue, or is this a bug of sorts?