Just been reminded of why I originally lost interest in this game a few years back...

Options

Got put against a team of 4 survivors with the same clan tag in their psn names. Not only thsy but they were all level 11 or 12 compared to my 18. Which doesn't make alot of sense as I thought this game was popular?

These guys ran rings around me. I managed to kill one somehow, but It was so hard to find any of them. And then at the end? They all stand around teabagging me....congrats survivors, a team of 4 people communicating managed to do well against a guy ranked considerably lower than you...your medals are in the post.

Comments

• Jason_Soreknees
    Jason_Soreknees Member Posts: 51
    Options

Tbf if they were a similar level to me I wouldn't give a flying #########. I played another game just where I was a ranked 17 killer and there was a rank 9 survivor. Either the matchmaking in this game is terrible or it has a much lower playerbase than I expected it to have.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

To be fair, you can lobby dodge blatant swf. I personally stick around because I come from Overwatch, the queue times literally stole my soul and ended my career and I was already dead and think about my family. Blah blah blah, you get the point, I have ptsd.

There was a 3 man swf with TwitchTV in their names, but you know, as I said, whatever. I was ready for the beat down and wasn't about to waste a queue as a matter of principle. Turns out they weren't even doing that well, I was concerned about nothing.

Some guy named rank 1 survivor was another time where I might have dodged if I did that, but I played it out, and he wasn't crazy either. Also he was only rank 3, misleading name. Ha ha ha...

I digress, you never know what you will get, but at the same time, squads with the same name usually take the game way too seriously and if you don't want to deal with that, you don't have to.

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,805
    Options

It's amazing how unfair this game can feel.

Just had a hard fought match myself and a key gives 2 automatic wins out even though they had 2 gens left. So fun.

• Jason_Soreknees
    Options

Yeah that was a mistake on my part. Searched for a game and then went for a piss so didn't notice the names until it was too late.

• Pilot
    Pilot Member Posts: 1,158
    Options

Don't you have like ... an entire minute to decide wherever to play or dodge the lobby?

Wasn't the clan tag a red flag? Didn't you know what to expect? Are you aware that not all survivors are like that & only around 1-5% wear a clan tag?

• Jason_Soreknees
    Options

As I already said, I went for a piss and so didn't notice the names. So no, It wasn't a red flag and no, I didn't know what to expect. At no point did I mention anything that would suggest that I believe all survivors to be like that....so I'm not too sure why you felt the need to type that out.

• FrndlyChnswSalzmn
    FrndlyChnswSalzmn Member Posts: 705
    Options

Yes, but that kind of crap drives new players away and it does highlight a problem with matchmaking (or the lack thereof).

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Hey man, if you're done with it you're done with it.

I don't like some games many others call masterpieces, i don't care.

• Jason_Soreknees
    Options

I just needed to vent a bit. As I said it primarily the difference in ranks in my game that's annoying me. I'm still having fun. Though the brightness/darkness of some maps is a hell of a lot more extreme than I remember it being lol that's something that is really sticking out to me at the moment.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Okay, that's also fine.

Get enough people coming on here to do just that anyway. 😜

• Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594
    Options

Every swf is an opportunity to learn and better yourself against the most difficult kind of match ( voice comms and coordination ). They will do everything they can to get in your head and tilt you so you start making wrong decisions or over commit to chases, they will do anything they can to gain an advantage.

You have to use those games as live practice runs in ignoring and remaining untilted by their playbook and sticking to your own. It just takes a small attitude adjustment and wising up to what their trying to achieve to make those games a lot more dealable.

Every time you have a 4 man swf moonwalk out the exit gates tea bagging in unison you just got a little bit better at what to expect and how to deal with it, they are the best practice runs to improving.

In the lobby do they have 3 flashlights ? Bring lightborn, do they have 3 tool boxes to sabo your hooks ? Bring deerstalker and start slugging and trying to make plays off them helping. Are they over alturistic ? Bait camp one of them to draw them all in to you.

There's no shame in loosing to a swf whatsoever, especially if you're new, but you have to learn to laugh and tea bag with them at the end for the sake of your own sanity.

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 872
    Options

Honestly… if a squad is clearly there just to maliciously use the person playing killer for their own pleasure there is always the option to face a corner and watch Netflix while they sit on gens then go and open the exit gate yourself… they love it when you do that because gens are great;)

Or play it out normally and try to figure out strategies for groups like this in the future. (this is the best option IMO unless you are burnt out or legitimately distressed in your personal life.. then a break from the game is 100% always the best option so you don’t risk exacerbating your situation).

I’m all for groups trolling around for a bit of fun so I will play back if it’s amusing.

Truthfully it’s best to just pretend rank doesn’t exist as well. There are games like competitive style shooters with legitimate skill ratings but there’s nothing stopping people from grouping up on alternate smurf accounts to try and feel superior over casual or newer players. This isn’t something you’d see game after game but it is what it is.

• Jason_Soreknees
    Options

Out of curiosity...how useful is light born? Does it completely prevent me from being blinded?

Just had a game with two level 5s in it (I'm still at 16) and they were using those annoying flashlights to perfection. I'm actually kinda surprised at the speed of which it was blinding me.

My hillbilly hasn't been ranked up at all so just wanna make sure it is definitely worth it before grinding to level him up.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

I love how peoples advice is to "just dodge them".

Like really? Telling new players that they shouldn´t play the game?

• Thanotos_Omega
    Thanotos_Omega Member Posts: 100
    Options

they just seem to not care that new players have to spend tons of matches being bullied and spit on by unfair game elements before they can overcome it, to them a player who wants a reasonable fair match with good sportsmanship is just being a cry baby,

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

It will stop you from being blinded and show you the aura of whoever tried to blind you for a while. It's a good perk but a lot of experienced killers disregard it because with practice avoiding flashlight saves isn't too difficult. It's great if you have multiple flashlight survivors who are determined to blind you constantly - even with lightborn keep turning away from the beam so it takes them longer to figure out you have it.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

Yeah the matchmaking in this game is... Less than stellar. Wish you'd had a better reintroduction to the game but hey, literally everything is broken and buggy and really unfun right now so I don't think much could've been done

• Tsulan
    Options

But new player is more likely to simply uninstall/refund the game when they get a horrible experience.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

idk if that is called "losing interest", seems more that player behavior pissed you off enough to not play it anymore.

And make no mistake, if killers for example keep tunneling and camping, this game will simply die....maybe then the devs will actually take action...

Its really funny to think about as well, you cannot lose if you want to be toxic in this game, or any game, but especially in thisgame where you are the end all be all of the match kinda.

If the killer camps, even if they fail to do so properly and someone is rescued, if you just stand there, basically afk, then thats it, sure everyone got out but man was that an all around waste of everyone's time...and if enough killers do this, the game will, again, die.

• Thanotos_Omega
    Thanotos_Omega Member Posts: 100
    Options

That's my point, veterans seem to think every player should just ignore bad things and tough it out through insults taunts and ridiculously one sided match making ect, and don't see how this high turn over rate could be bad for the game in the long run,

• Tsulan
    Options

Its one of the reasons why i thought the new skill based matchmaking would go live with the RE chapter. Since a flood of new players could get a horrible first expression by our community. Little did i know, that our community was the least of the problems during the RE chapter launch.