DC

darryl
darryl Member Posts: 29

Is it just me or are more and more killers DCing after 3 gens done.Even if 5 cakes are played.So that with the constant frame drops on xbox makes this game hard to play.

Comments

• 1miko
    1miko Member Posts: 268

Honestly I had 3 DCs in 3 games in a row, console players dc out of the blue with no apparent reason so yeah. I guess the situation is so bad they really had to deactivate dc penalties but it's actually been a while since a lot of survivors just leave games unpunished, just double depip and go next. It's upsetting. Hopefully midchapter patch fixes it but with the short experience I've had in this game with the new HUD patch pallet stun bug and nemesis patch I wouldn't really be expecting great things.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

Every game I've played some one dcs

• SiMpSoUp
    SiMpSoUp Member Posts: 10

Wait... did they get rid of the De pip penalty if someone dc’s?

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

Play nice then the player won’t feel the need to DC.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

I know, you shouldn’t need to play nice just to not to get DC’s but right now where it’s disabled it’s your best option, unless of course you don’t mind the DC’s.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,992

I'm not sure you understood my post. I play nice, as I do anyway, and I still get slammed with DCs. Constantly by my teammates, constantly by my opponents. There is nothing you can do to avoid survivors or killers disconnecting right now because they're not happy with how the game is going. How you're playing is related, yes, and you'll get more DCs if you facecamp and hard tunnel, but many of these people ragequit as soon as they lose an interaction and the only way to not get disconnected on is to play like a baby and never manage to down anyone. (Literally, had a Feng disconnect on her first down against a Clown today, with 2 gens remaining and after having a 2-gen long chase. I can't understand these people.)

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

You are contradicting yourself in the same sentence: how do they leave unpunished if they lose 2 pips? That's their punishment, so the justice is served. It's not their fault that sometimes the game becomes so unbearable that they prefer suffering the punishment over playing further. Implementing additional punishments is treating the symptoms instead of the problem.

• yui_best_girl_at_me
    yui_best_girl_at_me Member Posts: 80

i do this its of 2 things i hate you and ur team and i want u to depip and get no bps or (im on ps4) the game frezzes so much that the match is phycically unplayable

• 1miko
    1miko Member Posts: 268

people still think rank matters in this game 🤣, this game should have the afk treatment r6 has to afks, get 1 hour out of the game to catch some air every time you dc. y'all quitters are so weak its ridiculous, go play a single player that will suit you better like viva piñata or whateverthefuck, there you wont find "frustrating uncountereable" stuff that will make you want to quit, just don't play a teambased multiplayer if you're gonna leak the entire floor and pull the plug everytime you see a stridor spirit or are facing the twins. it's so incredibly sad to have players like this in a for fun multiplayer.

• WTBacon
    WTBacon Member Posts: 593

Oh no, not a depip! That would mean going against weaker opponents, and... no, that's it.

What a punishment.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,443

Hopefully penalties will go live again during the mid chapter patch since they’re doing a performance update along with the balance changes.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,992
    edited July 2021

Yeah, so for these players, 'unbearable' seems to be 'I saw the killer and it wasn't a basic M1 loopable' or 'I got downed' or 'three gens popped' or 'the survivors opened the exit gates.' At which point, the only treatment for these symptoms is for them to stop playing the game, because clearly they're not in a proper headspace to enjoy it.

I could understand it if people were DCing over facecamping Bubbas and determined tunnelers. They're not. They're bailing because of ordinary game interactions that they don't win, and they're picking and choosing which games they're willing to play - as in, they'll only play the game if the beginning goes very well for them.

Also, I concur with others that depipping isn't a punishment unless you're trying to get an achievement. In many cases, it's a goal. Depipping gives you easier opponents and less sweaty games on average.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

Try playing Killer with these frame drops. You'd wanna DC too.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

I made a similar post about the dcs they will continue to happen as long as the penalty is removed which was done because of crashes on console. So you can either deal with it or wait until the next patch thatll turn back on dc penalties hopefully