The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Trapper can't place trap's.

Turretcube
Turretcube Member Posts: 459
edited October 2020 in Bug Reporting

Platform: PC

Issue: Trapper cannot place trap's, the animation starts then immediately cancel's.

Reproduction: Pick Trapper, try to place trap, can't.

Occurrence: Consistent, getting stunned, or performing other interaction's doesn't fix it.

4 votes

Acknowledged · Last Updated

Comments

• CharlesMansion
    CharlesMansion Member Posts: 2

I got this one recently. I previously played a game of trapper in midwich elementary school and got a 4k then got accused of being a speedhacker so i wanted to celebrate with addons that i usually dont use in the next game. Someone brings a map offering and i start the game the way trappers usually do and i notice that i couldnt place any damn traps so i decided to leave the game because i literally could not use the ability in the killer's name.

• Nullclines
    Nullclines Member Posts: 232

Just happened with me. A player disconnected shortly after the match started, then for the entire trial, the animation was cancelled whenever I attempted to place a trap (resetting traps was fine though). Then, at the end of the game, I got this message:

• drunkdaze
    drunkdaze Member Posts: 1

I experienced this bug just now and had the exact same situation as @Nullclines where a player disconnected at the very start of the match. The animation would start, but cancel. I kept trying to place a trap, and was finally able to at the very end of the game once the last survivor was killed. After the game ended (before the results screen popped up) I got the same error message as well, saying my Player Level could not be updated and to restart my game.

• hadokencat
    hadokencat Member Posts: 1

Had this exact same thing occur today with Trapper. 2 people dc’d immediately then I couldn’t set or pick up traps by hand. Could set ones wherever they happened to spawn. Then got same error message about player level after finish.

• Mynkon
    Mynkon Member Posts: 9

This just happened to me with Hag on Coldwind Farm. Someone dced as soon as we all spawned and I couldn't place my traps.