Need new algorithms or solution for anti cheat.

Options

Most of others in forum might not feel or experience cheating users recently.

But here the Asia(korea) server is suffering heavy incrising cheaters( start with ESP, BP hack, slight movement speed, or even advertising cheating site)

Dbd has now EAC anticheat system, but i dont think it is enough.

As secure issue of anticheat, maybe devs could not notice some details, but i saw some concrete speedhack cheaters don't ban. We also hear some rumors that "devs only monitoring the cheaters after they got report". So we dont know the details, logscale of the server listening, but we are so disappointed of cheaters in dbd. Yeah, everyone knows dbd has no chain ban(banwave), and all of the bans are done by manually. We need another anticheat solution not just EAC. I hope new anticheat solution being adopted in game health seanson.

Comments

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562
    Options

No anti-cheat is flawless, and the company that runs EAC is always looking at reports and finding new hacks/cheats. They then update EAC, and it can detect these new cheats.

But no program can intuitively detect new cheats until told 'This is a cheat'. We lack the way to code a program to determine 'This is a cheat' on its own, like a human can.

• maaadinsomniac
    maaadinsomniac Member Posts: 440
    Options

I never met that much cheaters since 2016 like in past half year. Something is out-to-date probably.

• God_Prof
    God_Prof Member Posts: 60
    Options

As I said, that is caued by your server location. Maybe your server is not on Asia or East Asia, that full of hackers.

Believe or not, there is critical connection of cheaters rate and server region.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,371
    Options

Any anti cheat system can be bypassed. EAC is constantly being updated to remove these cheats - it's a never ending circle, EAC will update, cheaters will find a new way, then this is patched, another new way is found...etc etc etc. It's inevitable in online games that this happens.

• God_Prof
    Options

Yeah typically that's the anticheat works. But it seems that EAC is not detecting all cheaters by updated patterns, but only just checkout new reported suspects. The facts that There wasnt just a single banwave follow this claim.

And Thats the reason we believe ingame report not much. But also BHVR needs more solution.

• God_Prof
    Options

And one more thing. If you visit our server, you could see 0.1m/s boosted survivors or killer, cheat advertisment in lobby, and etc.

Yeh the online game is war of anticheat and cheat, but we experienced hackers alive for more than few month's, and that is ruining the game.

And we think we are seeing this is pick of iceberg. ESP, BP hack, or slight fixing speed up... something like that is very hard to notice, so we could not suspect or report it easily. And i sure that you guys maybe shocked if such as battleye system introduced and print ban log(like rainbow six siege).

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562
    Options

Proper anticheats don't 'banwave' because then the people who make cheats will know 'My newest cheat has been detected' and update it/make a new one.

Instead, they ban as they detect them, which combined with older cheats being detected, muddies the water and makes it harder for cheat makers to know if their cheat was detected, or HOW it was detected. And that second part makes it harder for them to know what to change.