How Comfortable are you with the RE map?

Options
stvnhthr
stvnhthr Member Posts: 777

Everytime I get this map I feel like a small child lost in the mall. It is not fun to play at all, and I have completed all Resident Evil games on every system several times. The map looks beautiful but it is so confusing and annoying.

Can we change the bloodweb Police Station item from "greatly increases chance of getting" to an offering which "completely eliminates chance of getting"?

It is kind of interesting to see all the stuff, every time I play I find a new room I never saw before, but that is not how DBD is to be played.

Do any survivors feel like they play well on this map? I know killers get lost too, but they love all the deadends and the fact it is impossible for their opponents to quickly unhook survivors because you just can't find a path to the hook.

Comments

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,081
    Options

Yeah, it sucks I could get over Midwich since it was smaller and you could learn it and begin to navigate it well enough. I even like Midwich sometimes. RPD just played it’s big hard to learn and even if you do still painful to navigate

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,553
    edited July 2021
    Options

I'm starting to learn parts of it, like which rooms are adjacent to which other rooms, which side of the map I'm on, and where gens are, but I still have a hell of a time navigating certain hallway chains, the outdoor bits on the right side of the map, and reaching the staircases outside the main atrium. Let a teammate hit second stage the other day out of confusion :(

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,763
    Options

Haven't gotten the map for like 2 days

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

My experience with RPD has been heavily killer dependent. I get lost and have a miserable time with everybody no matter what, but certain killers create a drastically different experience.

For example, Bubba felt net neutral. There's strong loops and vaults, but the map is pretty tight that often leaves survivors with little room to outplay the saw without tapping into a resource. A perk such as tinkerer going off can easily catch a survivor off guard.

Doctor-miserable. I have an easy time knowing where survivors are, but my god it's a pain in the ass doing anything about the info i receive.

Twins- simply amazing. The tight and cramped RPD makes it feel like you're shooting barrels at a fish. Victor is really strong here I feel. Victor is easy to hide, and he reveals so much since RPD has floors.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246
    Options

I already know the layout, but that's because I played the RE2 remake multiple times and its basically become instinct.

Still, that doesn't excuse its size, its incredibly massive for no apparent reason.

I think a better solution would have been a much smaller map for the RPD, and maybe multiple other RE maps, like the Racoon Streets.

Instead of one big, poorly received map, what could've been better is multiple smaller maps that are much better for game health.

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878
    Options

I’ve only gotten the map maybe 3 times since the chapter released, so not comfortable at all. To me, it’s just too big.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

Just learn the map...

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

All I have to do is have Iron Will equipped and randomly run in any direction and it's the easiest chase of my life.

Unfortunately, gens are impossible to find unless you stumble on one. But that's the only real downside.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Even when you learn it it doesn’t fix the issues. The map has pretty much every issue a dbd map could ever have

• Phasmamain
    Options

Slap on lucky break and you have an instant chase escape!

• PalletsAndHooks
    PalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989
    Options

Played 80 hours this last week and I've seen the new map once.

• MadLordJack
    Options

Yeah, but I could also just keep the scratchmarks and have them mislead the killer every time I turn a corner bevuase apparently on that map they project further than normal?

I dunno, I only ever played it as killer once, but every killer I've played against on that map has choked at every intersection.

• Phasmamain
    Options

Yeah I played it once as killer. As clown every hallway is a free hit and most pallets are useless.

They managed to 1up midwich on the bad scale somehow

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,637
    Options

this map is such a maze I don't care for it.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

I just found the room with the flooding toilet for the first time and I've played probably at lease seven or eight games on that map now? I don't know. It just sucks for both sides, and I keep getting Pigs on that map for some reason. People go into struggle on their first hook because it's just so obnoxious to navigate. Even if you know your away around, it's awful. I actually love Midwich now by comparison.

And to answer your question, I actually do think I play pretty well on this map, and I still hate it.

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728
    Options

It's garbage.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

Thankfully I never seem to get it, because the layout is absolutely garbage.

I still have no idea how the map looks in Freddy's Dream World, and I hope to see it on a picture or video instead of finding out myself.

• Massquwatt
    Massquwatt Member Posts: 368
    Options

Once you get used to the layout of the map it honestly isn't that bad. Although I've played the RE titles a lot so I'm used to it already. The only issue I have with it are the gen placements on the survivor side, I end up running around the map trying to find gens more than anything else. I want to play it more to get a better idea of where everything spawns but it's pretty rare to get the map anyway so until then I'm gonna be running around like a headless chook looking for those gens.

• ringwinning
    ringwinning Member Posts: 552
    Options

I'm not. I get lost every time, and it never fails for one poor soul to get to struggle phase on a hook because I can't friggin' find the stairs.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443
    Options

I only played it twice but I'm sure that once I play on it more I'll get used to it.

• MadLordJack
    Options

Huh. I never thought about it before, but Clown might actually be among the best killers on that map. Somewhere among Hag and maybe Demogorgon.

• MrSmashem
    MrSmashem Member Posts: 161
    Options

I'm pretty comfortable on it. Had my 6th(?) game on it last time and navigating the map was pretty easy. I keep saying it, but you guys seriously need to just learn the map. The biggest complaint I see(as seen in here, multiple times) is that players are getting lost. You fix that, by learning the map.

I played the RE2 Remake and I have not gotten lost or had a hard time navigating the map once. Sometimes it can be tricky to find Gens/totems/crates, but that's because I don't know where they spawn, yet; hooks and exit gates are extremely easy to get to. I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as everyone is making it out to be, which makes sense because it seems like the majority of complaints are coming from players who don't know what they're talking about.

I mean dude, players complaining they can't find stairs or like you said, running into "dead ends." Guys, come on. I never have any of these issues, you know why? Because I know the layout. How can you blame the map for something that is clearly stemming from you and your lack of experience?

And for the person above who said that navigating the map is a chore, even if you know the layout. I can easily cross the entire map and unhook someone on a different floor, while avoiding the Killer, before that player loses a hook-state; I've done it already. It's absolutely not difficult to navigate if you know the layout.

I want to add, I'm not saying this is a good map. I need more time on it and players need to learn their way around it, then I'll be able to see how it really plays and I'll be able to form my own opinion on it. All I'm saying here, is that 90% of the complaints I see are completely bogus, because they stem from a lack of map knowledge, which has nothing to do with the map quality itself.

• ringwinning
    Options

People griefing on this thread about people who are confused by the map are completely missing this thread's point. OP asked how comfortable we are with the map. Just because y'all are comfortable with it doesn't mean you have to demean those of us who aren't yet.

• Grimmy_Bluues
    Grimmy_Bluues Member Posts: 354
    Options

I know the map like the back of my hand, so I love it, but they really gotta split it into two versions with the Main Hall and East/West hall respectively.

• MrSmashem
    Options

Saying you're confused by the map is one thing; saying the map is garbage, especially when you know the map so little you can't even find a hook, is another. Idk if your comment was directed at me either partially or wholly, but pointing out people's flawed complaints is not griefing.

It's like someone getting into a car, not being able to figure out how to start it, then proclaiming that the car sucks. Like dude, maybe you should figure out how to start the car before you start saying it sucks.

• ringwinning
    Options

It wasn't directed wholly at you, but there were some things that you said that were clearly directed at me, such as the comment I left:

"I'm not. I get lost every time, and it never fails for one poor soul to get to struggle phase on a hook because I can't friggin' find the stairs."

To which you responded:

"I mean dude, players complaining they can't find stairs or like you said, running into "dead ends." Guys, come on. I never have any of these issues, you know why? Because I know the layout. How can you blame the map for something that is clearly stemming from you and your lack of experience?"

First of all, in a thread that clearly asked "how comfortable are you with the map," you are obviously entitled to say you're comfortable with it, which is great. But why do you have to pick on the people that aren't? What do you gain from making a comment like that and saying "I know the layout, so all your comments are bogus"?

You also said in your post that you played the RE game this map is based on. Speaking personally, since I don't want to speak for other people you might have been addressing, I have not. And therefore no, I don't know the layout, and so yeah, I have a lack of knowledge. What is "bogus" about that?

Like your whole response just seemed like you wanted to complain about the people "complaining," when most of them, at least me, are not.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

Just played in it today actually.

I'm beginning to understand the nuances on where everything is and where the generators are as Survivor.

Too bad this game was one of the worst I've played in a long time though.

Mainly due to the fact it was a sweaty Wraith with Franklin's, NOED, and double Speed add-ons. I don't mind Wraith himself but good god the people who play him can sometimes get on my nerves with how much of a scumbag they can be.

• MrSmashem
    Options

Your comment prompted me to reference that, but you aren't the first person I've seen complain about not being able to find stairs. My comment as a whole wasn't directed at you, but the people who have been calling this map trash from day 1 and those who continue to call it trash, while simultaneously stating that they don't know the layout.

I have no issue with people saying they are getting lost or even that they find it frustrating to try to learn the map; that's completely normal(especially when BHVR won't let us load into maps Solo, for whatever reason). But the majority of the comments and threads I've seen on RPD are just completely trashing it out of frustration; and it is bogus when the people who are trashing it, can't even identify which side of the map they're on. And that goes doubly for those who trash it with the reasoning "I can't find anything."

• umad
    umad Member Posts: 57
    Options

The map is great, too bad the game has became absolute ######### on console.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,073
    Options

The map looks great visually. It's horrible to play DbD on.

If there was an offering that said "Will send players to any realm other than Raccoon City Police Department", I would spend every bloodpoint on each side to get those offerings and play them every game. It would take me 4-5 hours of only playing that map to really get it down. That's insane for a DbD map. Players should never, ever, be getting lost and having to think about how to get from point A to point B with the level of detail that this map requires. I wish this game were more competitively balanced, but we get maps like this.

• MrSmashem
    Options

I get what you're saying, but imo, more complicated maps open up a whole other skillset in this game: map knowledge. That allows gameplay to be more dynamic than just working on Gens and looping, you have traversal and stealth options; it's one of the reasons I love Midwich(for the most part).

In terms of balance, I think it's a bit early to call just how balanced/unbalanced this map is, especially when it seems like the majority of players are still completely lost on it. You can't have a normal game yet, to say. Maybe it needs some tweaks, but I think this is a solid addition to the game and personally, I'm all for more complicated maps, so long as they are balanced properly and done well.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,090
    Options

I cant learn the map when RNG throw me there 3 times for 5 weeks of playing.

• MrSmashem
    Options

Yeah, that I can understand. Idk why BHVR doesn't just let us free roam maps Solo, in a custom game. Learning maps, especially more complicated ones in-game, is not fun.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672
    Options

I recently replayed the RE2 Remake and got the map in DBD a couple of times, So I kind of have an easier time getting around it now and starting to learn what is where. The only real issue I have with it now is that the map is just way too big.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

About as comfortable as a claustrophobic person being buried alive.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568
    Options

I got only 1 match as Trapper on this map. I was in panic all the time. I didn't know where to go and how to cut the ways effectively. I was often bump into walls and dead ends assuming there is way to go trough. This map is ######### maze.

But survivors probably felt the same. They did 5 gens but they had hard time getting to the hook to save teammate. They didn't waste hook stages but I guess they were lost in their way to unhook, so they took less time on gens. This map has much doorways where you can place traps. I end up with 4k. Last Meg I killed because I found Hatch first and trapped the gates to know where she is.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

Well, every time I load into it I wanna vomit so let's say I don't like the new map very much.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,763
    Options

Alright I have played it a bit more and I can confirm I don't like this map as survivor or killer

• Shymare_11
    Shymare_11 Member Posts: 494
    Options

I dislike how complicated and irregular the map is, especially with its excessively large size. Honestly, I just hate the map. I need to learn not only general 2D map layout, but also a relative 3D map layout for precise blinks between floors without blinks stubs or unexpected walls.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    Options

Not at all because :

• i didn't play any of the RE games
    • i only got to play on it like 5 times and it was either PTB or before it got disabled.
  • Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,504
    Options

I would feel more comfortable if the Map would pop up more often. I had it 7 times since it was released, impossible to get used to it in such a short amount of time. (5 times as Killer (Demo, Pig, Doctor, Plague, Legion) and 2 times as Survivor)

My games were alright on it so far, the only criticism for me is that the Map is too dark, sometimes it is really hard to see in the corridors.

It is not my favorite Map and will never be my favorite Map. However, I think the DBD-Community is like a spoiled child - they complain and complain. Yes, this Map is different than others, but it is one Map out of 36. The amount of whining because of it is really out of proportion.

• ReviloDBD
    ReviloDBD Member Posts: 582
    Options

I've mostly played the map as Killer.

From my experience it is "overall" VERY Survivor friendly if the Survivors actually know the map, which many at Red Ranks already do.

Fortunately for me, I learned the best Map Loops by playing Killer and facing Survivors that completely crushed me on the map looping me infinitely around certain areas.

When I got the map as Survivor I remembered the loops that were strong against me as Killer, and I tried using them as Survivor.

IT WAS VERY EFFECTIVE. I basically was able to loop the Killer for 2 gens completed before I finally went down, and I lost the Killer multiple times in that time but they really wanted me and kept trying to find me lol.

I think the map looks amazing, I think it's horrible layout to play on and extremely confusing, but once you know the good loops, its insanely strong for the Survivor side.

There are a few Killers I've heard do really well on that map as well, if I remember correctly people say Trapper/Hag/Nemesis etc body blocking killers, but honestly I haven't experienced this yet myself because I don't usually play those Killers.

CAN WE PLEASE GET A TROPICAL ISLAND MAP ALREADY <3 PLEASE ^^