Should PC be removed from crossplay? Rant.

Options
2»

Comments

• MikeyBoi
    MikeyBoi Member Posts: 537
    Options

As a person who went from the Xbox one to the series x. Yes 30fps to 60fps is notable, but a platform that can uncap frame rate beyond 60fps up to 120fps and use resolution alterations to give them an advantage at the same time over console players is simply ludicrous.. the fact that people who don’t think playing on stretched resolution with 120fps and a reshade program doesn’t pose as an advantage is wild... again there are a lot of people who do this then what most people think..

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709
    Options

Euhm a double standard is being used here. You have the advantage on a PS5 versus a PS4 or Xbox One. Yet now that is all of a sudden "fair". See how your picking is biased and such a system will disproportionately affect specific platforms? You claim to not want to play where disadvantages are in play, yet have no issues including less powerful machines that are at a disadvantage compared to you. Either you claim to want an even playing field, which is provided by opting out or you embrace the inclusive nature of crossplay.

If you want options, ask for mouse and keyboard support.

If you want better optimization, nobody will disagree with you on that.

If you want elitist picking rights... no.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,655
    Options

What I want is for BHVR to fix their game. It's unlikely that they will.

In the mean time, I'd like to be able to choose to play against every platform.

If I want to play against them, I check a box, if I don't want to play against them, I don't.

That leaves the choice up to the individual and allows for greater variation in crossplay.

At best, it's much better than our current system. At worst, it's the same.

I'd really prefer to have the game fixed though.

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839
    Options

Wow I did not know Jeff Kaplan himself was a member here. How's retirement going Mr. Kaplan?

• Kalinikta
    Options

Even if they optimize the game and fix some of the glaring issues simply stronger machines have more FPS, etc. They cannot ever remove all advantages as more GPU, CPU, RAM, faster internet even... all create differences.

People will pick platforms that are lesser than their own, the more powerful potential if a machine the less they will be picked. Potato PCs are a thing, but everyone assumes they all play on super gaming rigs. You claim it will be better or the same, but that is a false fallacy as it will negatively affect others disproportionately due to human biased behavior. Console vs PC war mentalities, elitism, etc.

Crossplay is about inclusion of others, not a manner where you can apply your elitist beliefs.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    Options

I have both consoles and PC, and on a good PC, most games offer a tremendous advantage in FPS, smoothness, stability, and visuals. It's no comparison imo and I love consoles so not hating on them. Many games are moving towards console-only cross-play like Overwatch in beta atm. Destiny 2 is soon launching CP and it too will be console only. I think R6 is taking the DBD approach and getting lots of backlash so those devs are evaluating feedback. So bottom line, yes I think we need console-only CP.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

LOL I play on XBOX ONE let me say it is fuking god awful. Funny thing is I still kill most of these #########. That being said I agre with @Pulsar. I don't live under a rock like some of you on here. I understand my hardware is the 2nd worst out there on crossplay which makes me feel horrible for switch players that are in worst shape then me. Personally I could not imagine a system running worse that mine but apparently switch does and that is frightening. PC is top dawg they can do things I can't hell I watch streamers and say how the ######### is he moving so fast. My killers look so much slower than PC same as survivor the way PC can tightrope walls compared to console is insane. Had the fortunate experience to see a console Feng and a PC feng in one of my games the other night both had SB guess who's sprint burst was more effective? The PC one was over the top fast and seem like it was longer compared to the console Feng. I know they say is just a visual thing we all move the same but I call bullshit on that one.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    Options

The entire point of crossplay is to bridge the gap between console and PC.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,114
    Options

If you don't want to play against or with people from a certain console, just turn off crossplay.

The whole point of crossplay is to combine every playbase from every console. Wanting to exclude certain consoles from crossplay goes against that.

• Pulsar
    Options

Then fix the game.

A small difference is fine. The amount of ######### Console players have dealt with is unacceptable and completely unfair.

• Pulsar
    edited July 2021
    Options

Then fix the game.

I shouldn't be at an enormous disadvantage for daring to not play on PC.

Console players have always been treated as second-class.

• Kalinikta
    Options

I am not the developers, I am not against them fixing their product. Yet that is not a problem with crossplay. Or are you claiming Switch versus PS5 is anywhere equivalent?

Console players have it bad, but don't act like each console is identical or what not. Don't want to deal with differences... opt out. Cherry picking so you can choose everyone that has it worse than you to avoid others that have it better than you is selfish and egotistical boosting of your own playerbase at the expense of others and not a solution.

Crossplay is to bridge the community and play together, not a means to boost your selfish needs.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,394
    Options

Pulsar is not selfish at all for saying that he doesn’t want to play against PC players when cross play is enabled, only against similar consoles such as PS4 (and to my knowledge he plays on an Xbox One). What is so selfish about being able to play with your friends on separate consoles but not put yourself at an inherent disadvantage by playing against players with 100 more FPS and minimal stutter/lag?

Theres nothing “elitist” about this at all. People just want to have fun with what they’re given, not be at a disadvantage by not being able to afford a $2000 PC.

Console has always been treated as the little brother in this community, and always will be.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,114
    Options

Because crossplay is all or nothing. Wanting to exclude people from an inclusive thing is selfish.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,394
    Options

I’m sorry but I don’t really understand this argument. Many games that have cross play exclude PC due to their performance and control advantage over consoles, and I’d say that the former is extremely prevalent in this game.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

They can try to fix the performance, but no amount of optimization is going to remove the inherent advantages of mouse & keyboard vs. gamepad. Each system has its pros and cons, but in this game, mouse & keyboard's advantages make them the better control system.

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839
    Options

Xbox Series S/X and PS5 players are having a significantly better experience than low end PC players you know? The game isn't optimized on PC. The limited graphic settings help mitigate the poor code, but only so much.

• Pulsar
    Options

True, but here's how I see it.

DBD isn't a super mechanically intense game. There are some things you can't do with a controller, but for the most part, it's the same. There are some Killers that are better, and some that are worse. The mechanical advantage you gain from M&K is there, but it isn't like a game like Overwatch where the difference is overwhelming.

Likewise, performance isn't everything. Having lower FPS and some stuttering is rough, but you can learn to play around it.

It's when both of this issues are combined that it becomes completely unfair. I can learn to play with 25 FPS, but I can't be playing against people who are getting 90 FPS and have a mechanical advantage over me.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

It seems like crossplay between PC and console always helps PC players. And in DBD, they got an extended event, extra shards and BP, because the game is broken on console. That makes sense.

• Orion
    Options

If crossplay were restricted to just the platform you were on, you'd have to wait a lot longer to get a trial. Note that "console" is not a single platform, it's a term to describe a whole bunch of platforms.

Console players got those things too, and if the regular comments on the forum are anything to go by, console players are still playing the game.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

Thank you for letting me know what "console" means! I'm too stupid to understand and I definitely asked you to explain it to me like I'm a particularly dim child. I'm aware that the game being crossplay helps with queue times, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't also give PC players the advantage, along with also giving them improved queue times as well. I don't see how your point about console players still playing this dogshit game has anything to do with the advantages PC players have against console players across most games, DBD included.

• Orion
    Options

Thank you for letting me know what "console" means! I'm too stupid to understand and I definitely asked you to explain it to me like I'm a particularly dim child.

That's not what I did, but alright. It's just that you said crossplay is between "console and PC", when in fact it's between multiple systems and stores, some of which are on PC, and others are on the various consoles that have DbD.

I'm aware that the game being crossplay helps with queue times, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't also give PC players the advantage, along with also giving them improved queue times as well.

The main thing that gives PC players an advantage is the better control system. Performance is obviously also an issue, but even when that's fixed, PC players using a keyboard and mouse will still have the upper hand due to controllers being worse for DbD.

I don't see how your point about console players still playing this dogshit game has anything to do with the advantages PC players have against console players across most games, DBD included.

It doesn't, it was in reference to you saying that "PC players" are the ones who got the event extended, more BP, etc., like those things weren't given to the entire playerbase.

• syain
    syain Member Posts: 434
    Options

Please remove us. I disliked playing with consoles from the beginning, now that they're teleporting everywhere it's even worse. Can't turn crossplay off either because there are no South American servers so I have to choose between others being laggy or me being laggy.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,488
    Options

Your ratios seem sound to me. I firmly believe if the RE chapter hadn't nuked us consolers so badly and the event went off flawlessly that the various PlayStations would have surpassed the PC total by now.

We Xboxers are lagging way behind fam... no pun intended.

• JPLongstreet
    Options

As to the adding of m&k support, it ain't ever coming to console. The reasons given were it would take way too long, be way too much work, and also require a UI overhaul as well.

• JPLongstreet
    edited July 2021
    Options

I wonder if you would still feel the same if you played some killer on a PS4 or whatever. Maybe Demo or Dr on Lery's to start with. Wanna borrow my Xbox and experiment some?

• crixus006
    crixus006 Member Posts: 383
    Options

No, i love yo play vs PC players.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

They exclude pc because they are shooters and that is the only place pc has an advantage. There is zero difference between a pc survivor and a console survivor, infact there are many people that use a controller to play this game on pc fyi.

The only difference is with killer and they are heavily disadvantaged on console. ranged killers are useless with the fps issue and freedom of movement offered to survivors. while normal killers are hampered by analog controls (pc can strafe and have full forward momentum while controller can only strafe or walk forward) and the forced auto aim causing them to miss from the simplest of wiggles.

I had this game on ps4 before crossplay and there were almost zero killer players.

• MrSmashem
    MrSmashem Member Posts: 161
    Options

I mean, PC has very marginal advantages over console users in this game. If anything, they are a bit better with Killers like Huntress or Deathslinger(or Nurse), and probably track a bit better, but on the Survivor side, they've got nothing. I have absolutely no issue with PC users as a Console player.

In terms of stretched res and brightness, I think that stuff is uncommon enough that I don't mind, along with hacks; and PC players have to deal with that stuff anyways, so it is what it is. That stuff should just be fixed in general. Bought accounts are completely irrelevant. I don't know what that has to do with anything. Perks don't make you good at the game and most games have full tier 3 builds, anyways. Who cares?

The one thing I think Consoles need(besides proper performance), is sensitivity/control settings. The deadzone in this game is obnoxious and sensitivity could use work too. Modern Warfare and some other games offer enough options, I can turn aim-assist off and make shots. A mouse and keyboard would be better for aiming, but I can do pretty well with a controller, given the right settings. That's what this game needs, to help out console Killers and really bridge the remaining gap.

• umad
    umad Member Posts: 57
    Options

The only real advantage PC has over console is the fact that console DBD is a lag ridden POS right now. Every chase i get into ends with me lagging into a wall and getting downed. They might have an advantage with a killer like Huntress, but so what, just play around it.

• Kalinikta
    Options

Microsoft has official support for it, so for the Xbox it is simply adding the API. The same is true for PS. The switch would be the most difficult as far as I am aware they don't have any support for it in their tools. Therefore no it actually for most of them is some work, but not something actually difficult for most of the consoles... they even already have mappings of what should control what due to PC. The statement it is hard is outdated as Sony and Microsoft have both released API tools to developers in the last couple of years.

As for an UI overhaul? Euhm you realize that PC has the UI already, it is literally already created.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

I'd like to keep crossplay on for console but have the option to stop matching with PC players.

It's just two different breeds of DBD.

• Kalinikta
    Options

Opt out then, you are selfish because you want to pick and choose who you play with. Not everyone has a 2k machine, you act like every human that owns a PC has a top of the line machine. I bet you and Pulsar have a PC use that if it so apparant.

It is always funny, consoles are some what equal you say... new gen doubles the FPS. All PCs are monsters that run at 100 FPS because you know Laptops, low end devices etc. Are not a thing yet you want to exclude them as well.

You have an option if you don't want to play in the spirit of crossplay! Opt out and play with identical machines as your own. There is no need to negatively impact others because you want to tell them they are not welcome in your game, selfish!

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited July 2021
    Options

It is truly depressing the sheer amount of console players that think "PC" and "rich" are synonymous. Most PC players don't have the godlike performance of streamers - in fact, current-gen consoles have better performance than your average PC.

But no, PC = bad, console = good. 2009 = current year, apparently.

Edit: Also, PC is much cheaper than console gaming and has been for quite a while. So... Yeah.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,106
    edited July 2021
    Options

Ah yes sorry the second class with a whole range of system exclusive Titels like horizon zero dawn, blood Bourne, GTA V and others that took several years to be ported or not and even then sometimes with horrendous optimization in terms of visuals or controls.

While titles like cod, battlefield, fortnight, PUBG, overwatch and whatnot where (properly? I don't play on console) ported within less than half a decade.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419
    Options

Plug a USB keyboard and mouse into your Xbox

WWOOOOOO WHOA ADVANTAGE

• FogofWar23
    FogofWar23 Member Posts: 75
    Options

You Know you cant use it For dbd right ? I have try IT IT doesnt Work

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419
    Options

Then BHVR should apply an update to accept them, not cut off a system

• JPLongstreet
    Options

I'm not saying I believe it, just relaying the devs response last time they actually gave one to this question. If the guts to do it are already there, then why hasn't it been implemented yet? Must be reasons.

I still think it won't happen, not even on the newer gen consoles.

• Kalinikta
    Options

When did they provide that answer, as consoles have been releasing support in the last what 2 years.

Why they don't do it? Priorities, not wanting to create divisions between the platform to keep opt out more equal or because not enough people would use it even if it was an option or they simply don't deem it necessary.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,205
    Options

They won't exclude just 1 plattform, just for reasons of que times on that 1 plattform.

XSX or PS5 players vs. Switch players is unfair aswell as Switch is the worsed optimized version.

The goal should still be to optimize ALL version to have stable 60fps. And if they still can't manage this, ALL versions need graphic options and/or a perfomance/graphic mode to improve FPS.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    Options

I play on last gen consoles and I don't think this should happen. Yeah, the frame drops suck, but it's not like movements in DBD are so complex that you need 120 FPS to play well. Although at this point I wish I could just play with a stable 30 that doesn't drop into the single digits.

• Pulsar
    Options
  • FogofWar23
    Options

So again m&k Support when ?

• FogofWar23
    Options

Can we get any Update on that thx

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052
    Options

You should probably ask in the forum dedicated to feedback.