we need a 2 game modes, rank mode and casual mode

Options
MalEducado
MalEducado Member Posts: 139
edited July 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

this game is playing by the people like a competition , and im a casual player, who only looks to enjoy the killers and the diversity of the game... im not looking for increase my rank , or to win anything, want to enjoy the game in a CASUAL EVIROMENT...

thats its so easy to solve...

CASUAL MODE- ... same as now but without rank system

RANK SYSTEM- ... like in tournaments, the matchmaking pair a a group of 4 survivors and 1 killer vs 4 survivors and 1 killer ....the match start at the same time... and let ppl play competitve

But i bought this game cause the diversity of the killers and the terror enviroment...and nowdays there is only competitive ppl without terror experience feelings...

PLEASE CASUAL AND RANK MODE...I WANT TO PLAY AGAIN YOUR GAME...YOU HAVE AN AWESOME GAME, BUT LET THE COMPETITIVE PLAYERS PLAY THEIR RANK MODE, AND CASAUL PLAYERS PLAY CASUAL...

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Digwiid
    Digwiid Member Posts: 311
    Options

the queue times are already long, dividing it further would serve nothing but increase them even more. Rank already means nothing anyway so caring about winning/losing is really up to you.

• Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594
    Options

Ha casual would become a toxic hell hole far more disturbing than anything you'll find normally

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

I would love 2 modes however game is just too small for that

• WretchedElk
    WretchedElk Member Posts: 311
    Options

Won’t people that depip on purpose start playing on casual making the games for casual players harder?

• Szakally
    Szakally Member Posts: 56
    Options
  • ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Thats exactly what Im saying. Its too small, just like those cute numbers you pulled. Not even a million active players and you want 2 game modes lol

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

A casual mode won't work, this is already an extremely casual game and most of my trials are back to being 4-minute gens. On both sides.

• Szakally
    Options

Nice trolling... How can you think Dead by Daylight is a small game when the player count stats are public? Tell me what online game has 1 million active users on steam

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Game modes - Competitive, Casual, Deathmatch, Arms Race, Demolition, Wingman, Flying Scoutsman, and Danger Zone (8)

Grand Theft Auto V

Game modes - many (more like events)

War Thunder

Game modes - Arcade Battles, Realistic Battles, Simulator Battles, Enduring Confrontation, Events Battles (5)

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

Game modes - a few like CS:GO

If you still argue that DBD is still a small game after these statistics, my answer would be: "Git gud logic" XD

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
    Options

What would prevent "competitive" players to play on "casual" mode ?

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,098
    Options

You can just play the current queue without caring about pips or wins.

I don't see why you need a casual mode for that. Sure you'll come across killers trying to win, but if you don't really care about winning or losing that shouldn't matter to you.

• Szakally
    Options

Currently I don't see any problem with just one game mode ;) The problem is made by killers who want to force an MMR dependent on the player's statistics. After introducing MMR, they will need to add a second player mode to the casual players or the game will be full of afk/trolling/DC/suiciding players

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,098
    Options

The game is already filled with afk/trolling/dc/suiciding players. Adding a casual mode won't change that, in fact you'll likely see more trolls in casual queues because there would be no downside to trolling casual queues since there isn't even a punishment (depipping).

As for SBM, that is something that shouldn't be an issue for casual players either. It's not like you'll know if you went or down in MMR and it should keep matches overall fair for both sides.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,732
    Options

One sentence is an argument this idea.

"Play sweaty in Casual Mode, Lets go bully the noobs."

• Leon_Loves_Cheryl
    Leon_Loves_Cheryl Member Posts: 41
    edited July 2021
    Options

Not enough people play the game to split the primary mode.

What would be better, is replacing the main mode with temporary event modes for a couple of days. Only for a few days because people will obviously miss playing the regular game, but a switch-up every now and then would be welcome, especially for Halloween.

The current primary game mode is perfect, because it is both ranked AND casual. Splitting it doesn't actually do anything. People at low ranks play casually whereas people at high ranks play competitively. If you want to have more enjoyable games, just lose intentionally until the competition becomes more enjoyable to play with. In my experience, the less people take the game seriously, the more fun I've had with it and the more memories I've created with it.

DBD is absolutely a good game, you just need the right rank.

The current system is fine, just go to low ranks if you want more goofy fun or go to high ranks if you want competition. If you want unique event-based game modes, replace the entire primary mode for a couple of days. We don't need any splits

• PalletsAndHooks
    PalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989
    Options

wat about solo rankings and SWF rankings being delineated?

• ClumsyTrapper
    ClumsyTrapper Member Posts: 544
    Options

That's a very small player base it's growing but it's gone from piece of dirt to mole hill. The game needs to grow the player base to mountain size to support a second mode

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,681
    edited July 2021
    Options

Many of the sweaty players are sweaty because they enjoy dominating other players, what's to stop these players from going to casual to more easily dominate.

Hell look at rainbow 6 siege, the casual mode on there is literally a joke. It may as well be the top tier ranked bracket.

• ClumsyTrapper
    ClumsyTrapper Member Posts: 544
    Options

What the game needs are experimental game modes with alternative objectives on ptb then use a monthly or biweekly rotation schedule with a new game or two so the player base is not divided and new game types can be tested and enjoyed

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567
    Options

It could work similarly like if you had two accounts. You would have two rank profiles, before queing up you select one. Then you could use one profile for e.g. meta builds the other for experimental builds. Of course it is the player's responsibility to follow this rule and select the correct profile. If the player starts to play hardcore on both profiles, then the ranks will become the same high on both profiles and there will be no difference between them.

This approach does not increase the queue or split player base, because under the hood the only thing that is different between the two profiles is the rank.