Body Block by Survivor Team is Annoying

Options
playhard
playhard Member Posts: 279

I think should be a new mechanic if other survivor is body blocking the killer to protect other survivor. Maybe he get a exposed status or so on. Because that's annoy killer in order to chase the main survivor to get the point.

Comments

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,680
    Options

That's a fun idea for a perk.

Call it "You are Next" gives exposed for 15 seconds to another Survivor within 5m of a Survivor being downed.

I'm in favour.

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069
    Options

Bodyblocking itself is fine.

Bodyblocking with BT is not fine

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,177
    Options

While bodyblocking is annoying for sure I think the only 'broken' thing about it is during EGC. A swf with BT and someone on the hook is basically guaranteed to get out with a few exception cases(8 stacks of STBFL, instadown killers).

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 872
    Options

It’s analogous to taking a bullet for someone or shielding a stranger during an earthquake to try and keep them safe.

It’s just a game but when I block and take a hit for someone or somebody does that for me.. somebody that I don’t even know.. warms my heart lol seriously though.

As killer sure it’s a nuisance but I respect it if it’s done properly throughout a match or executed well during endgame.

I recommend checking out team Oracle if you want to see it done throughout a match and how a well coordinated endgame unhook should be. I would suggest other teams but Oracle has easy to find recent footage and some older stuff also shows off a proper unhook.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890
    Options

Camping itself is fine.

Camping with Insidious is not fine.

Yeah, this rationale doesn't check out. Both are perks, both are in game mechanics, both are fine.

• Afius
    Afius Member Posts: 563
    Options

It is bothersome I mean the survivors should probably just kneel and weep while you carry their teammate to the hook because altruism bad.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

I’m guessing you missed All-Kill. Trickster comes with a perk that does exactly that.

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939
    Options

It's called taking a protection hit. There's even Rift challenges encouraging it, and BP reward "Distraction".

I get it being really aggravating if they're body blocking the hook when the Killer is trying to hang someone. I've had it happen where they all crowded me to allow enough time for the downed survivor to wriggle free. It's incredibly risky though and backfires more than it rescues, especially with the perk Starstruck. Equip that and watch survivors scatter.

Conversely, if a Killer is tunneling a single survivor into oblivion, it's unreasonable to expect their team mates to just sit by and let it happen. Of course they will try to take the heat off, or take a protection hit to get an injured survivor out of the exit gate.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 7,989
    edited July 2021
    Options

I watch videos almost every day about bodyblocking fails... It's pretty funny.

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069
    Options

Worded it wrong.

Bodyblocking itself is fine

Blodyblocking with BT is NOT fine IF they seriously complain about tunneling afterwards.

I cant tell how many times someone blocked me with BT or DS just to complain later that i ,,tunneled" them.

• XombieRocker
    XombieRocker Member Posts: 324
    Options

We've got starstruck and mad grit for this.

If you encounter it a lot, run one of these and your troubles will be over.

• HR_Helios
    HR_Helios Member Posts: 189
    Options

Just wait out the bt and tunnel lmao. They wanna body block they revoke my kindness and their privilege to not be tunneled

• playhard
    playhard Member Posts: 279
    edited July 2021
    Options

• Red_Beard
    Red_Beard Member Posts: 550
    Options

I wish all my games were teams that swarmed me when I had someone down and trying to hook them. "Bully squads" are the only time I have fun playing killer.