EGC timer needs to start when all the gens are done

Options

it feels like killers have no pressure at end game.

Survivors can just casually 99 the gates and go about their business without much worry

timer needs to start when the gens are done not when a gate is open.

Now before you say "just open the gate" I'll tell you that's a bad idea.

You're just making it easier for them to escape. This is counter intuitive and provides no pressure. Also the chances of you being near a gate when the gen pops is low unless you camped a gate for whatever reason. By the time you run over to a gate to open it you spent about 20 seconds doing that instead of hunting survivors.

survivors have too much power when they can just 99 the gate, they don't need to enable the timer whenever they want

Comments

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109
    Options

the killer can body block a survivor while the egc timer is not active as well

And then the survivors could choose not to open the gate thus never triggering the EGC timer forever.

So I don't think it's fair to not have it active when gens are done because of the possibility of a body block which is incredibly rare.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,000
    edited July 2021
    Options

The Gates are the final objective for the survivors, so no, the games not over yet.

Defend that gates just like you defend the gens.

If survivors are 99ing the gates, then being closed is currently benefitting them. In that case, open the gates. Even if it's a trade off, in that current situation it is less beneficial to the survivors to have the gates open, which means it's better for you. This is usually because they have something else they're trying to do, rescue a hooked teammate for example.

• Seraphor
    Options

It might be an easier objective than repairing a gen, but the exit gates are still an objective.

Survivors need to open them to escape, so you know that's where survivors are going to be.

That's like saying when there's only one remaining survivor left that the killer has completed most of their objective, but you still want to get that last survivor, and you only trigger EGC by closing the hatch, it's not automatic.

Honestly having EGC trigger when the last generator is repaired would be a blow to the killer just as much as survivors. That's less time to hook everyone, and it makes survivors skittier, discouraging risky altruistic plays that would get you more hooks or kills.

• Seraphor
    edited July 2021
    Options

With no time limit that the killer can easily end. Killer even has priority in a standoff.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,732
    Options

EGC should start when gens are Complete.

And EGC should be forced automatically after X minutes.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,225
    Options

As someone who deeply despises the EGC, this suggestion is scary.

Well...technically it was you who pointed that out. I was just complaining about the EGC, as I often do.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

And with NOED, Blood Warden, Remember Me, and the about to be buffed No Way Out... what could go wrong?

/s

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
  • Lord_Tony
    Options

Excuse me I never said I don't want a challenge.

but it's unfair how much survivors control the end game. They always 99 the gates which means they are in control of the game.

Who is the power role here?

• Seraphor
    Options

Then open the gates.

if the survivors don't want them open yet, it's for a reason (giving the more time to make a hook save), so if you open the gate, you're putting them at a disadvantage.

• Lord_Tony
    edited July 2021
    Options

I already explained why opening the gates is a BAD idea.

1. You're just making it easier for them to escape
    2. you aren't spending time chasing stragglers by opening the gate.
    3. by the time you walk over to the exit gate to open it you wasted 20-30 seconds which means the timer has been delayed for 20-30 seconds making it pointless
  • Leon_Loves_Cheryl
    Leon_Loves_Cheryl Member Posts: 41
    edited July 2021
    Options

When I was initially starting out, it felt like "Time is on my side" as the killer. It just makes sense that way. But due to the fact that EGC only starts when the exit gates are opened, as well as the fact that exit gates can be 99'd, it feels far more Survivor favored. Agreed on EGC beginning when the final gen is done.

It would also fit a lot better with intuition. Intuitively, it feels like time should be on the Killer's side, not the survivors'.

• Lord_Tony
    edited July 2021
    Options

If killers are truly considered to be the "power role" then why do survivors have full control over the end game?

They should not be allowed to 99 the gates

and the game is essentially over now that the gens are done, the timer should officially start. Why does noed activate when gens are done but not the timer?

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752
    Options

Killers aren't the power role and have never been the power role. Whichever side has the better players is the power role. Both sides are equal.

• ouroboros_world
    ouroboros_world Member Posts: 215
    Options

You don’t play killer often, why should the killer drop whatever he doing to patrol rng gate spawns that. This is how egc usually go. Killer down 1 person, every survivor is 99ing both gate at this time, healing each other and while the killer have to watch hook, and patrol gates, survivors literally have no objective but to open the gate, but 99ing gates make it easy for them to heal and drink tea. Killer can’t really do nothing but chase them out, also why should killers have to leave the hooked person just to open a gate across the map while their team just hides at the gate?

• PalletsAndHooks
    PalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989
    Options

Instead of opening gates, why can't killers kick a gate switch back to 0?

Lack of gate regression is another consideration.

• Lord_Tony
    Options

couldn't have said it better myself.

I strongly feel gates should not be able to 99.

there are 3 lights so 3 stages of the gate. If you get to 99 it will slowly regress back to the second light which is what 5 seconds to open instead of INSTANTLY.

so this puts survivors in a spot where they leave now or risk opening the gate later but in chase

• ouroboros_world
    ouroboros_world Member Posts: 215
    Options

That would be great, no more exploiting egc by 99ing gates. This would also let end game perks actually have use like remember me and blood warden.

• DoomedMind
    DoomedMind Member Posts: 793
    Options

I think it would be unfun and oppressive as hell. But, the problem you seem to point out is the fact that survivors are able to 99'd the gates, making the late gate extremely hard for killers.

I would fix that by making gates loosing their progress over time (like, maybe 3 seconds to lose 1 second progress of survivor's opening it, maybe more ?), naturally (because the killer doesn't have the time to "kick" the gate).

This idea probably needs some tweaks, but I think it would be the solution of the end game killer's lack of pressure.

• Lord_Tony
    Options

", but I think it would be the solution of the end game killer's lack of pressure."

right like survivors love to talk ######### about NOED but in reality we need NOED because we have 0 pressure at end game and survivors know this.

At end game I see survivors stacking borrowed time and DS and all of them are taking protection hits then they run over to the exit gate and just do an instant tap on it and run out.

with noed they wouldn't be doing protection hits and if the gate timer regressed they also wouldn't be baiting me this hard like that they would have to open the gate before they baited me.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,988
    Options

Let's also give survivors No Mither by default, without the Unbreakable. Oh and let's bring back the 2016 moris. While we're at it, let's make it so survivors' visions are 100% darker. Oh and show their auras to the killer at all times. Get rid of all of their perks because they have comms as their perk, and give killers a 5th perk slot. Ooh, and let's also make it so they can't move!

Do you need any more crutches, my lord?

• DoomedMind
    DoomedMind Member Posts: 793
    Options

Wow you're over-exaggerating right there.

It's a fact that a killer in the end game has almost no pressure. I mean, the only good choice he has is to camp the hook and massively slug. Else, you're doing something super risky for not-so-much.

• glitchboi
    Options

The EGC is meant to prevent people from holding the game hostage. You aren't supposed to be able to do well in the endgame, you failed to prevent the survivors from doing the generators, therefore your only choice is to camp a survivor, and that's fine. I accept my loss if I get camped to death in the EGC.

• Mastermind
    Mastermind Member Posts: 111
    Options

You can't "Defend the gates just like you defend the gens":

1. More often than not, you can't even walk from one to the other before a survivor finishes opening it.
    2. They have no regression under any circumstance.
    3. Opening the gates isn't a trade off. There's likely someone on a hook which means it takes 4 minutes of EGC to actually kill everyone. That's like a third/quarter of an average match worth of time right there. 2 once they get the unhook. But now any survivor that's healthy has a free escape unless you have NOED or Devour 3 at least (Which can both be disabled.). And if anyone is injured, healthy survivors will just attempt to bodyblock you so you injure them and they both escape. Or they'll just get a free escape while you're chasing survivors or just camp the open gate and let everyone escape through the other one.

If opening the gates as killer cut down the time to half so 60 seconds without a hook 2 minutes with a hook, then it would be more worthwhile to actually open the gates since survivors wouldn't have an abundance of time. Using No Way Out could seriously screw over survivors if you opened a gate the moment the last gen popped as they would only have one escape route. And if you managed to get a Blood Warden from it, they're dead.

• Lord_Tony
    edited July 2021
    Options

if the EGC timer triggers when gens are done then you can't hold the game hostage, right?

• glitchboi
    Options

That's... not the point. You're trying to use something that was meant for something else in order to help you win games.

• Lord_Tony
    edited July 2021
    Options

just because survivors got all the gens done that doesn't mean they deserve a free win the game isn't over it.

if they can 99 the gate they got a free win.

So either timer starts when gens are done or survivors can't 99 the gate.

that's not asking for much because it's completely unfair survivors can 99 the gate

The end game is heavily in favor of the survivors and killers have zero pressure because survivors can 99 the gate.

• glitchboi
    Options

Yeah it's not like you can open them yourself or anything.

I'm not saying it's a free win because it certainly isn't, they got the last 5 gens done and now it's their task to open the gates, and yours to try and stop them. It's gonna be more difficult because you failed to prevent them from doing the generators. 99ing the gate is fair because it's the counterplay to the EGC, and 99ing is countered by opening the gate yourself.

• Lord_Tony
    edited July 2021
    Options

Again WHY WOULD I OPEN THEM?

You keep telling me to open the gate myself but it's super counter intuitive to do so. There is no reason for me to open the gate.

Oh to get the EGC timer started? The timer is 2 minutes long and is slower when someone is hooked or downed.

it takes me about 30+ seconds to walk over to the exit gate so essentially the timer is 2 minutes and 30 seconds if you factor in walking over there.

Now say I predicted a gen would pop so I camped the exit gate to open it ASAP to get the timer going. That was time I could have spent getting the survivor off the gen instead. Also the gate is open so they can freely walk out now.

Why would I open the gate? There is no reason I should ever open it. Unless I have blood warden but that's so niche. That's the only reason you should ever open the gate.

• glitchboi
    Options

Exactly, you don't. Why are you so bothered by survivors 99ing the gate? Even if they didn't they'd still be able to walk out as you said. It gives a disadvantage to them because it gives you more time to catch up to them and down them if they're injured.

You literally just countered your own point.

• Lord_Tony
    edited July 2021
    Options

If I open the gate the survivors get a free escape. almost no pressure on survivors they now have 2 minutes to raid the basement chest instead of whenever they feel like it but they'll still get it done and escape for free

If they 99 the gate the survivors get a free escape. zero pressure on survivors. They can raid chests whenever they want

If the gates regressed they would have to open the gates BEFORE I chase them to it. Which adds pressure because now they can't raid the basement chest AND have a fail safe for doing so. Their escape doesn't feel free anymore they have to work for it