What quality of life improvements do you think should be made for both sides?

Options

One I really want is just the ability to change my FOV.

Way more competitive games allow you to change it, I see no reason why DBD should be the exception

Comments

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

A way to mix and match cosmetics before buying them.

Also a perk search function.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Killers should be able to hear environmental ques through chase music, like they used to.

Survivors should have basekit protection from tunneling, given that it's not actually that effective a strategy against the teams that killers pretend it works against.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

This game has a perk called Shadowborn and Monitor and Abuse that changes your FOV, it's restricted on purpose. You also don't see like a foot in front of you because when the game first started you could clip into lockers and see if a survivor was inside without opening it.

In the main menu it should tell you the estimated queue times for survivor and killer.

You should be able to manually block doorways or windows while not in a chase. Just collapse them for a minute or two so you're rewarded for being able to predict the survivors at the cost of spending a few seconds, likewise I'd like if survivors could place tripwire in doorways to trip up killers.

Trapper main btw.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,236
    Options

Giving DS as basekit. Who equip DS perk can activate it twice.

This may not change much when vs a hard tunnelers, but cant tell without a test.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,623
    Options

Make fov a slider for killer and let them see individual survivor hooks.

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843
    Options

For killer having the ability to reduce or remove the chase music.

For survivor having the ability to communicate in game something like having a bubble saying im chase or im on a gen.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,810
    Options

I don't want to waste my time queuing up for a 5k bp game.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,990
    edited July 2021
    Options

Regular stuff:

• The ability to save loadouts
    • The ability to save outfits
    • Everything in the bloodweb is 1000 bloodpoints cheaper
    • FOV slider (please)

Survivor:

• Base-kit totem counter
    • Perk icons in the lobby for each survivor

Killer:

• Base-kit 5% regression when kicking generators (This is more of a buff and not a QoL change so whoops)
    Post edited by glitchboi on
  • ImBrakingBike
    ImBrakingBike Member Posts: 454
    Options

I like all of these ideas, I'd also add on the survivors side that the game could somehow replace their names for aliases in the lobby for the Killer and only include their real name after the match ends. I always feel like TTV survivors could give away too much information if streaming :/

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

Weird how many want to change fundamental factors of balance as a qol fix....

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

FOV slider for killer, kindred surv aura reading for survivor.

Also save perk builds for characters and have an option to unequip all perks and add ons on a character with one click

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

The ability to sell unused items and offerings. Doesn't even need to be at full price, sometimes you just wanna sell old offerings and items to get back some bloodpoints since you have so many of them and you're never going to use them.

With that said, the ability to save (and name) loadouts for every Killer and Survivor. Since if we can sell our unused offerings, the grind wouldn't be nearly as bad meaning we would be able to get more perks. I am willing to go for this as a compromise to the insane grind this game puts on it's player to be honest.

The ability to see your teammates ranks, levels, as well as their perk loadouts in the lobby. We used to have this but BHVR patched it out claiming it was "a bug". I'm sorry we don't want to deal with your trash matchmaking, BHVR. But at least give us a way to deal with it ourselves.

• FogofWar23
    FogofWar23 Member Posts: 75
    Options