Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

in your opinion what is the coolest, scariest, and worst killer/survivor trailer and why?

sqmuxl
sqmuxl Member Posts: 52
edited July 2021 in General Discussions

Coolest: Halloween Chapter, RE Chapter, and ALL-KILL | Why: The effort put into them and how good they look. (honorable mention: cursed legacy)

Scariest: Shattered Bloodline or Spark of Madness | Why: I love the suspense/build-up to the killer reveal and scare. (honorable mention: descend beyond)

Worst: Darkness Among Us Chapter | Why: The reveal trailer was totally misleading, most of the player base thought it would be a killer that could act like a survivor, but in reality, it was a broken killer on launch.

Post edited by sqmuxl on

Comments

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

Coolest: Cursed Legacy

Scariest: Shattered Bloodline

Worst: Darkness Among Us

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866
  • BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    edited July 2021

Plague the best and scariest by far, you have that mysterie at the start of just hearing something but not really seeing anything, then the slow reveal of her face oof its just amazing.

Worst I would say Legion cuz of the awfull mismarketing and bad animations.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

Coolest: Cursed Legacy - Seeing Yui ride her motorcycle and then Oni appears out of nowhere was badass.

Honorable mention goes to Ghostface's trailer. Evil has standards.

Scariest: Curtain Call - Imagine seeing that fat ######### behind a tree stalking you while you're only minding your own business.

Worst: Darkness Amogus - We all know why.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,519

Coolest: A Nightmare on Elm Street

Scariest: Spark of Madness

Worst: Darkness Among Us

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

Coolest: Cursed Legacy, All kill.

Scariest: Shattered Bloodline.

Worst: Darkness Among Us.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

Coolest: Halloween or Cursed Legacy, they're both just amazing. Honorable mention to All-Kill, I don't why. I just think the animation is neat.

Scariest: I'm actually gonna give mine to Descend Beyond. Imagine watching a person turn into Blight? The sound design and visuals are just spooky to me.

Worst: We already know it's Darkness Among Us. The trailer isn't bad, but it's just misleading. Hell, even the name is misleading.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 537
    edited July 2021

Coolest: Silent Hill

Scariest: Silent Hill

Worst: Curtain Call

Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,214

Coolest: All-Kill. Say what you want about Trickster, this trailer is amazing. Honorable mention to Cursed Legacy though.

Scariest: Shattered Bloodline. Seeing Spirit appear behind Adam is actually terrifying.

Worst: Darkness Among Us. I love Legion and have mained them since their release, but that trailer is misleading as hell. Plus, Jeff, the Survivor introduced with them, was replaced with David instead.

• PalletsAndHooks
    PalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989

Everyone except the guy with the Legion/Frank pfp hates darkness among us.

Ya know, cuz the marketing lied about it.

• Newtton
    Newtton Member Posts: 42

Coolest: Halloween

Scariest: Silent hill

Worst: Flesh and mud

• Pior_Morte
    Pior_Morte Member Posts: 526
    edited July 2021

Coolest: Silent Hill and All-Kill

Scariest: Spark of Madness

Worst: Darkness Amogus

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

Coolest: Resident Evil (Meg got yeeted, Jill tried shooting at Nemesis, Nemesis broke through several walls, ZOMBIES)

Scariest: Spark of Madness (I don't actually find any trailer scary, but this one is the only one to even creep me out a little)

Worst: Darkness Among Us (I don't understand this trailer, before getting dbd I watched all the trailers up to that point and I seriously thought this killer was going to blend in with the survivors, but when I read their power it had nothing to do with camouflage or blending in.)

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672

Coolest: Silent Hill.

Scariest: Curtain Call.

Worst: Darkness Among Us.

• Zokenay
    Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158

Can i just point out how Darkness Among Us did show the Legion's power?

They can sprint and fast vault, and Frank did that in the trailer, just saying.

• BingBongMan
    BingBongMan Member Posts: 631

The coolest in my opinion is the trailer for Descend beyond.

But I love the Blight so that could be bias on my part.

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667
    edited July 2021

As much as I wish I could defend Darkness Among Us' trailer, I can't. It has everything wrong except for the map itself I suppose.

Legion being primarily a disguise Killer in the trailer is one thing, BUT JEFF ISN'T EVEN THERE! Why was David there? Come on! F Tier trailer, the worst of the worst.

And the coolest one goes to the Resident Evil trailer, because Meg being thrown into the car is honestly one of the funniest things ever.

I guess scariest can be for Descend Beyond.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,933

Coolest: All Kill

Scariest: Halloween

Worst: A Binding of Cringe

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

Coolest is Trickster's. Scariest is Blight's. Worst is Leatherface's.