Endgame Collapse, Gate/s open, I have you hooked, where do you expect me to go?

Options

I played clean and fair, no tunnel no camp not using NOED, when gens were being done.

1 of the gates were open, EGC occurred and the timer is going down; I went to the other gate and downed someone and hooked them.

Is there anywhere I should go? What does the Killer Etiquette Manual state in this situation?

I just face camped her, she died. Post chat she was salty I 'pitched a tent to camp'.

Should I have given chase to 1 of her rescuer and abandon the hooked survivor which would have eventually led to another teammate rescuing her? Then I should get tea bagged and clicky spam at gate, with post chat calling me a baby killer and how you fell for such an easy ploy while they go have a laugh at my expense?

Is this the way I should have played? 😅

Comments

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

it's their fault for not running Hope+No One Left Behind. If you don't wanna run meta then don't complain when your perks don't help you out.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,971
    Options

If I get camped during the EGC then I'll take the loss. There's nothing the killer can do at that point.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974
    Options

I can be very critical of the camp tunnel slug dilemma and even I say once the gates are open all bets are off. Secure your meatbag to your hearts content.

• Gaffy
    Gaffy Member Posts: 222
    Options

You must run to the corner of the map and let the survivors get a free unhook. They did all of their objective, so therefore they all deserve to escape. God some toxic killers wanting to KILL survivors honestly grinds my gears.

• DangerScouse
    DangerScouse Member Posts: 989
    Options

Only 1 thing to do....

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

Yeah no anyone who complains about camping in egc is just plain stupid.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

You should camp hook at EGC. If they are altruistic (they always are) you might get another one. If you use Blood Warden, by all means, get the free 4k. Otherwise, stare into their soon to be lifeless eyes.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

Your objective is to kill so you gotta do whatever it takes to secure a kill. You have nothing left to patrol once gates are opened.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

One kill doesn't really get you anything, it's just a personal victory with no substance. If you want points and some actual gameplay, go find another survivor to hook.

• TruEternity
    TruEternity Member Posts: 320
    Options

It’s completely reasonable to take another chase. If you hooked them in a smart place you should be able to get another down or at least 3 more hits if they body block well.

Only baby killers think that one kill matters, and camping hook is the “only place to go”, if you have a free chase then take it. Getting upset at flashlight spam is also just silly.

If you want to camp your butt off, go for it, it’s your game to do so.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options
  • CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    edited July 2021
    Options

Like everyone else said, it's completely fair & valid to camp during EGC. Anyone who says it's wrong is being pretentious

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069
    Options

Escaping also doesnt get you anything.

Stop with this stupid nonsense, i play to kill not to get points.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

Reasonable people won't complain about it. The only thing I'd say you should do different is proxy camp rather than face camping. Proxy camp and try to get health states out of the others. Hopefully turning it into multiple hooks.

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069
    edited July 2021
    Options

By that logic we could also say only baby survivors thinks a escape matters.

How can someone be that biased.

EDIT: Stupid typo

Post edited by Ruma on
  • GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

Well...I would expect you to go hunt someone else, but I do understand the reasoning of not wanting to do so.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Options

If you got someone hooked and the endgame collapse is in play, there is no reason to leave the hook. As a killer, I have done so, to chase someone else, which in most cases ends up with the hooked survivor being saved and the others protecting the one I started to chase, so they survive and I get nothing. If you played fair, which means no tunneling or camping, so maybe all 4 survivors are alive at that point, just camp the hooked person in the endgame collapse to get at least 1 kill.

• AppleCinamon
    AppleCinamon Member Posts: 26
    Options

omg, stop with these posts

ignore what anybody says, play how you want, have fun, move on to the match

• Jivetalkin13
    Jivetalkin13 Member Posts: 746
    Options

You do you. Play in whatever way you find most fun. Personally, I like to take the gamble on if I can hook another survivor, by walking away and chasing someone else, but that's just me.

• ouroboros_world
    ouroboros_world Member Posts: 215
    Options

Had a game with ghostface against a sweaty swf, I finally managed to hook a person in egc, decided that he going to die and his 3 other team started surrounded the hook. We all ended up circling the hook and having a standoff of against survivors trying to bait out my attack to unhook their friend, they managed to unhooked him and he had ds, bt, and teammates body blocking him, I dc because I was new to ghostface and didn’t wanna deal with sweats

• TruEternity
    TruEternity Member Posts: 320
    Options

Who said to play stupid? I said it’s reasonable to take another chase if the survivor was hooked on the proper hook. If done right you can usually trade 2 hooks, which earns higher blood points AND emblem points, which helps towards ranking up. If kills are your metric for success, than I fundamentally disagree, and so does the games current ranking system. Baby killers care about getting that 1 kill in egc, good killers know multiple downs and hooks are far better, in every regard except ego.

Get over your presumptions I’m forcing made up rules on people. Killers can play however they want, survivors can play however they want. Good killers know and understand how the game works, and camping the last hook is a baby killer play. Baby survivors just leave the trial, or camp exits gates instead of going for a fun play and the save. Both are boring to me, but completely reasonable in the realm of the game.

Final note, if you are sweating at 5 gens, or popping all the gens and leaving right away, I disagree with your mentality and hope to never play you again. Killing and escaping are not a win condition, it hasn’t been in a long time, and even then it barely was.

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582
    Options

Nope. I'm a Survivor Main, so I promise you you did the right thing. I've never thought it's fair for Survivors to judge the Killer/get fussy with them because they got facecamped when all the gens are done. At that point, your best option is to secure your kill, and capitalize on their greed if they attempt unhooks.

Now, if you had done it before all five gens were done, or something wild, then I could get a little fuss. But from your recounting of things? They were probably just being grumpy, and I wouldn't take it too seriously.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,140
    Options

You should go to the other side of the map and wave them escape

Honestly, unless you have Noed or spot an injured survivor that can think you can down them to get another hook, there is no reason to leave hook.

• GenJockeyNance
    GenJockeyNance Member Posts: 687
    Options

"Pitch a tent and camp", "Next time bring marshmallows if you're gonna set up camp". Lol Survivor mains crack me up. I play both sides so I'd like to think I don't have much bias but I do have a theory of why they cry camping during EGC with the killer camping his potential only kill(s)... they feel like they've already won by the time they pop the last gen. Survivors feel they've now earned the right to escape after the last generator has popped. In my opinion... You don't earn the right to escape until after you cross the finish line. You don't get the racing trophy just for your car being the closest to the line right before you cross it. You get that victory banner after you escape not as soon as the gen pops, it's still an ongoing game. A killer can easily turn a bad 1-2 hook game into a 2-4k easily with endgame perks and plans probably already thought of before even entering that match. It isn't over until you officially cross the finish line and they don't seem to get that.

It's simple entitlement. Arrogance.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567
    Options

You should go a bit further from the hook so that other survivors will try to go for a save and then try to down them as well. However it is sometimes hard and maybe they will manage to escape. But it is more fun compared to just face camping.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

Nope, that’s the best play in that situation. Entitlement at its finest, smh.

• stikyard
    stikyard Member Posts: 526
    Options

You could still try to engage the other players. They are likely skalking around trying to find a way to save their teammate.

Plenty of times, I should have just left out the gate but, I go back to try to save and end up trading places or, just give the Killer another down.

It's more engaging, more chase, more play, instead of just ending it. You should welcome the extra play.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

Like others have stated. It's up to you and what motivates you in this game.

I think most intelligent players understand it's all fair in love and the EGC. So, you want to protect a hook do it. If that is fun for you or important to you, then by all means do you.

• femotek820
    femotek820 Member Posts: 119
    Options

Keys should only apply for the last surv, and should be basekit. It’s the surv version of facecamp at egc

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562
    Options

No, Survivors should not get a free escape at EGC, and no, it's not like the bullshit term 'facecamping'.

See, 'facecamping', 'camping', and 'proxy camping' are stupid phrases the Survivor mains invented so they could shame Killers into not doing them. Survivors believe they are entitled to every single unhook, and so they try to invent insipid rules and use peer pressure to force Killers to play they way they want Killers to play; badly.

• ouroboros_world
    Options

But usually in egc both gates are open are 99ed, so letting someone to trade hooks are very hard because of so many second chance perks, hooked survivors is going get unhooked and probably going have bt, ds, and their exhaustion perks are usually back up after they get unhooked. Unless you have noed you basically hurting yourself giving survivors room to unhook during egc, especially if you hook near a gate. Besides if they’re a swf they can easily coordinate a unhook against a camping killer

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562
    Options

Honestly, I still think 99 gates should be impossible. I think it should degrade to 90 or 85% over time. Of course, the amount can be changed for balance.

• ouroboros_world
    Options

It should, make no sense that egc can be easily exploitable by survivors 99 gates so they can have all the time in the world to setup for a unhook, or at least give spawn a button near the killer after all gens are done to open one of the gates to start egc.

Tired of just walking across the map while leaving the guy on hook just to open a gate for the timer to start.

Or at least both gates can’t be 99. If both gates are 99 one on of them will regress instantly back to 0 or like 50% progress so killers don’t have to paddle back n forth at both gates looking for hiding survivors.

Buff endgame perks to act like adrenaline, like if gates are 99 and you hook someone blood warden will proc after the gate is open, remember me should work on the obsession, no way out is already getting buffed, noed is okay, maybe buff fire up to better for endgame. End game perks in general needs buff lol

• stikyard
    stikyard Member Posts: 526
    Options

I understand, you really want the kill.

I think the emphasis I try to bring to the game is to play for fun and not sweat so much over killing or escaping.

Yes, you take a risk by not camping the hook if good teammates try to come back for him. They are taking a risk of going down or trading as well. I'm ont saying give them a free save, you should try to intercept them and create more downs, I've seen it happen plenty.

I could just walk out with my extra 5K, it's the safe thing to do but, is it fun?

Is it fun to stand there and stare at the guy on the hook?

Play how you like.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704
    Options

Play how you want.

Nowhere states what you should do or how to play, you just do what you want to.

What you did was the best way to do, unfortunately some people will always find something to complain about.

• ouroboros_world
    Options

I mean the game has daily and archives challenges for sacrificing survivors. So it not that I really want the kill, I just want to complete my challenge. It just irritating trying to play m1 killers like ghostface and get looped at killer shack for all game. Just to finally down the person and have his whole team hook bomb the hook. I can say the same I know you really want the escape but is it really fun hiding and gen rushed in under 2 mins against perkless m1 killers? I’m not a noob killer now, I now how toxic and unfun swf can be.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629
    Options

Personally I enjoy the challenge it brings.

Attempting to coordinate a save against a camping killer (who isn’t bubba) gives a thrill, especially when you manage to make the save and body block your way to the exit.

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052
    Options

As far as I'm aware, facecamping meant the killer was standing so close to the hook that survivors were unable to unhook their teammates. Obviously that can't happen anymore, but how was that a bullshit term? lol It's accurate to what was happening.

You sound exactly like the whiny survivors you always complain about. Biased to the point of delusion.

• bubbagaming
    bubbagaming Member Posts: 5
    Options

step 1 get bubba step 2 bring the fair and balanced insidious iron grasp agitation monstrous shrine step 3 down and basement survivor at 5 gens step 4 stare into their sole as their teammate's bomb rush the hook and die