People want legacy back (or something similar)

Leachy_Jr
Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196
edited July 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Quick small thread cos I'm tired.

People who say they want legacy even though they weren't around to get it aren't actually looking for legacy, they want a way to show how much effort they have put into the game.

By the way, this game is horrible for representing their long term or high skilled players. Sure there is legacy to represent the OGs but console wasn't in time for that and there are plenty of good devoted players who missed out on it who still deserve something for what they've committed to the game.

Now, I'm not saying they should bring legacy back. Not at all. But there should be something for committed players and something to separate people with 100 hours, 1000 hours, 5000 hours, and 10000 hours.

Rank 1 doesn't cut it, neither does P3 ing a character, anyone can get there. Maybe a devotion shop?

Also, there absolutely should be unlockables for characters, similar to bubbas faces. Sacrificing 1000 survivors as a certain killer unlocks a special headpiece that actually looks nice (unlike crowns).

Almost anything would work, I'm just saying this because there is little to nothing to represent long term committed players who happened to miss out on legacy.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

On console rank 1 achievements don't even exist which is funny

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,674

Nah, I actually want Legacy itself because it looks cool.

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

Devotion rewards 2021 make it happen BHVR

• lady_potato
    lady_potato Member Posts: 35

Yeah, but it is actually a normal prestige but before the items, addons, perks and ######### offerings used to be at least 7k, so just to level up u used about 100-150k bps, so the devs invented the legacy just to make them feel good

• GeneralV

What maters is that it looks nice.

If there is a cosmetic to be won, I want it. And I don't care what it is.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

This is something that I've been wanting for a long time... BHVR doesn't notice it's long term players, which means there is nothing to work towards as a new player...

there's so many good ideas I've seen... from main menu customization to now this thread, I'm hoping that BHVR gives some love to us soon.

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052

I honestly think they should just release everything to the shop or to be earned after a certain amount of time has passed. Since there's no market for these cosmetics, the idea of status items is kind of non-existent.

• GeneralV

I would prefer if there was a way for us to earn Legacy, like going through the old 2016 Bloodwebs.

You know, to make it fair.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

Leave legacy alone IMO. It was a time-limited offer and offering that at any cost diminishes the effort put by the people ground left and right to get theirs at the time. At the time, Blood Webs were much more BP intensive as the Entity didn't spawn to consume items at all. Reports say it could take anywhere between 200k to 300k for a single BW. I don't own legacy skins, BTW.

I like the idea of a devotion shop, but it should be something new. A good idea would be flames akin to DS3 ember effect. Your character slowly emits particles and has moving flames around it.

• Shirtless_Myers
    Shirtless_Myers Member Posts: 372

I wouldn't be against the devs bringing back a legacy campaign in some form though they should attempt to alter the color to something different. The majority of the players who are using legacy cosmetics are just hacking them at this point anyway, as it's very easy to bypass the anti-cheat in this game.

• agonizing
    agonizing Member Posts: 176

Unfortunately there’s no money to be made from this. Similar to optimization, it costs more than it would make them. I don’t blame BHVR, it’s just not a necessity to invest in for the time being.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

yes like the glow effect from the crowns or the lunar new year... i still would like a bigger nod to the devoted player base like the ability to customize the menus or even the ability to change the default skins colors etc... why should we have to pay for the same shirt that is red instead of white?

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

I think killers should get a weapon skin instead of a headpiece.

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052
  • MadmegMain
    MadmegMain Member Posts: 105

While individual bloodwebs costed more back then, the grind now is ten times worse! I dont want legacy as it was i want legacy 2.0 make it blue