I WOULD enjoy playing billy...

Options
Leachy_Jr
Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,137
edited July 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

If it wasn't for:

• His FOV being horrible
  • His weapon being almost off screen due to an animation bug
  • His FOV while moving being bouncy due to his limp, making it feel like you're playing a 110% speed killer and making it janky to cut corners
  • The overheat making learning billy an awful experience
  • The overheat reducing the possible things I can do and overall efficiency of the chainsaw
  • The overheat putting ugly ass smoke while charging in my face
  • The overheat reducing the amount of feathering I can do when trying to curve
  • The overheat requiring me to play absolutely perfectly or to almost never use my saw in chase
  • The overheat mechanic encouraging me to run enduring spirit fury because of how much I hate it
  • The overheat mechanic existing in general
  • His chainsaw hitting, missing and bump animations being incredibly janky
  • His overreliance on engraving add ons if you want to start curving (ya know, the fun part of billy)
  • His engraving add ons then making the overheat even worse due to the longer charge time
  • All of his add ons other than engravings, lopro chains and maybe mothers helpers being all garbage
  • Maps being reworked in a way that massively hinders his ability to traverse maps quickly
  • His entire character and power being high skill for low reward
  • Ryan tech being removed :(
  • All of the above making me wonder "Why aren't I playing blight right now" when I'm playing billy.

Please fix billy.

(also I know that some people find billy fun and fine still, which is ok, these are just the main reasons why I hate playing him currently. I'm super disappointed in the current state of billy as he has the potential to be such a fun good killer if it weren't for the lack of care the devs give him.)

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,998
    Options

I just hate his FOV. When I played him for the first time and saw his camera jumping up and down with his limp I was like oh what the #########

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

Wait, I used to main billy for 2.5 years and never heard of Ryan tech? Maybe I used it but unsure of what it is by that name.

• ringwinning
    ringwinning Member Posts: 552
    Options

...Well, this just gave me an excuse not to try billy.

• Leachy_Jr
    Options

When you charged the chainsaw to 99, then got stunned by enduring, a while ago the progress didn't reset so if you instantly revved again after the stun the chainsaw would already be around 75% done meaning you could break the pallet and zone much easier.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419
    Options

"what the heck???? OVERHEAT???? You mean I don't have infinite mobility with infinite one-shots anymore????? WHAT THE HECK it was perfectly balanced!!!!!"

• OldHunterLight
    Options

Ohhhh that was called Ryan tech? Yeah I used it and I do miss it a lot.

Anyways, you should participate in the freeBilly event thingy tomorrow.

People just want Billy to be fixed, we all know that bhvr won't do anything but it is worth a shot.

• Leachy_Jr
    Options

Considering that my frames will be getting fixed on console I probably will take part. If you see a boosted M1illy running endfury, bbq and bam you know is me lmao.

• OldHunterLight
    Options

I do feel bad for you console players, this patch from what I can tell has been extremely annoying for you all.

Also, even if you M1 as Billy I'm still happy to see that there are still Billy players out there.

And no worries, I've been very rusty as Billy so I've been hard practicing these past 2 weeks, if you see a Sandals black shirt Billy with P1 weapon and endfury,whispers and bbq then you know it is me.

Unless I'm doing reverse Billy which is speed limiter, bbq stbfl sloppy and noed (yes I do reverse killer builds from time to time)

• Snowbawlzzz
    Options

Billy came out when there were double the number of available pallets on the map with pallet vacuum

Old Billy is an absolute crutch in today's DBD

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,982
    Options

Man Billy is so fun but sometimes he's just miserable as hell to enjoy playing as. I hope BHVR makes him the Billy he once was.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,982
    Options

As miserable as he is to play as, he's pretty damn fun. Saying this as a PC player because idk if console Billy is as enjoyable.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

It's kinda crazy to me that everyone who speaks highly of Billy say he needs engravings and lopro. Like I don't even like these addons that much. One of his best, most fun combos is the Spiked Boots (increased turn rate) and Iridescent Brick (undetectable after two seconds of sprinting). He could use MORE addons like this:

• Turn Black Grease into Dad's Boots with a bumping objects reduction (better Dad's Boots and could combo well with Spiked Boots).
    • Turn Leafy Mash into reduce Hillbilly's Terror Radius by ten meters while sprinting.
    • Turn Big Buckle into reduce Hillbilly's Terror Radius by six meters while sprinting.

And that's just three of my suggestions. Giving Hillbilly's a slightly worse version of Spiked Boots and Iridescent Brick.

I think overheat is an 'okay' mechanic, but could use an improvement in base dissipation (like his release version) and rework ALL of his overheat addons into something more fun.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,796
    Options

Hillbilly is very unappealing always was tbh as a noob killer I look at leatherfaces gameplay and I'm attracted wayyyyy more

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    Options

Look at how they massacred my boy

• Snowbawlzzz
    edited July 2021
    Options

->hook first survivor

->see next survivor with BBQ

-> zoom over in 2 seconds

-> he drops a pallet, smash through it immediately

-> watch him helplessly zig zag as you mow him down easily

Old Billy with BBQ was one of the crutchiest things you could possibly use in this game

• Snowbawlzzz
    Options

Or how about this one

->survivor gets unhooked

->travel 5 miles back to the hook in like 7 seconds

->unhooker is insta-slugged and left to reflect on why they bother playing the game

->unhooked survivor is smacked and immediately placed back on the hook

• knight_killer
    knight_killer Member Posts: 54
    Options

Was a billy main before the rework and still am after, I am personally never affected by overheat. I saw across the map find a survivor and down them, I have probably overheated twice and it was probably because I was forcing it hard. Billy is also NOT reliant on engravings at all, before the rework I used moonshine / chassis which is now spiked boots / kickback chains and it's really comfortable to 4k with in all honesty. Curving has a learning curve though so just find someone willing to run customs with you and it'll help a lot, ran my friend to help him learn and he enjoys billy

• Anti_Alpha
    Anti_Alpha Member Posts: 63
    Options
    • The overheat making the chainsaw sound like it's going to explode any second.
  • Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

You forgot one. The smoke his chainsaw emits floats way up into the sky allowing survivors to track him map wide and removes chainsaw snipes.

The dev's don't care.. buy cannibal instead $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

They should change it so your chainsaw charges faster or/and you run faster the closer you are to overheating.

Just to make you be able to interact with the overheat instead of it being a hinderance.

I can see that it could be fun always trying to be on the verge of overheating to get bonusses

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,027
    edited July 2021
    Options

billy's number values of a 2.5 second charge time for a dash that goes at 230% are also extremely old values made when the devs had zero understanding of how killer powers should work at tiles, rendering his ability very very bad for loops in 2021, but we'll not talk about that, I guess.

you act like billy can just end chases in 2 seconds when he's one of the only killers in the game that can be looped for several minutes by a good player.

• M1MASTER
    M1MASTER Member Posts: 352
    Options

What's worse is that the devs have known about his bugs for a long time now. They just couldn't care less and Billy is at the very bottom of their priorities.