What are some fun non-meta perk builds for survivor?

Instead of only running the basic meta survivor build, and believing that I had to escape every trial to have fun; What are some non-meta builds you enjoy running without worrying about escaping or dying?

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

Don't know if any of these are considered meta but this is a build I like using

Quick and quiet, dance with me, small game, for the people,

• Jackthryn
    Jackthryn Member Posts: 25

Thank you so much for these builds! I'm definitely trying these all out soon!

• Jackthryn

I really like the idea of this build, thank you a lot for the suggestion!

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,865

It's not practical but whenever there is a totem challenge I run small game, inner strength, head on and deception

and for healing challenges I use empathy, we'll make it, desperate measures and botany knowledge

Both of these builds make the respective challenges a breeze and if they work they can be fun

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052
    edited July 2021

No Mither, Resilience (put the wrong perk before lol), Unbreakable, Iron Will

This is my go-to for David. It's fun not having to worry about healing and having those buffs at all times (never make any noise, perform every action quicker, recover from the dying state faster and always pick yourself up). I haven't ran it for a while since he's my only tier III 50 with as many perks as he has. So I've been running a decent unhook build, which is:

We're Gonna Live Forever, We'll Make It, Borrowed Time, Botany Knowledge/Leader

Earn points while helping others. BT buffs WGLF so you max it faster, while WMI+BK allows you to heal survivors quickly if killer isn't around. Using Leader instead of BK allows the unhooked survivor to heal you faster if you're injured, but it also allows another survivor to heal faster as well if they beat you to the hook and WMI didn't activate.

You can also pair certain perks together to do whatever you need at the time. For instance, I had a decent anti-Doctor build on Dwight for a while for fun:

Prove Thyself, Leader, Calm Spirit, Technician

I had two of his base perks since I always keep at least one unique perk on each character (and because I didn't have any others available to buff the other two), while Calm Spirit made it to where Doctor's charges wouldn't make me scream and Technician prevented the gen from exploding if I missed the Overcharge skill check.

• Jackthryn

Thank you so much for the multiple build ideas! I'm really interested in trying the "Drag idiots through exit gate" build.

• Jackthryn

I really want to try out the first and third build you suggested, thank you a lot for these new build ideas!

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,017

Autodidact + Second Wind is pretty damn fun, especially after the minor buff that Second Wind got in the 4.5.0 patch.

• Jackthryn

I'm not worried about them being practical or not practical, any new survivor builds are considered fun builds! Thank you!

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672

A few random builds that I like to use:

• Deception, Urban Evasion, Fixated, Diversion.
    • Balanced Landing, Fixated, Quick and Quiet, Dance With Me.
    • Stake Out, Fast Track, Resilience, Repressed Alliance.
  • Solomonkane
    Solomonkane Member Posts: 112

The main build I run is, Blast Mine, Flashbang, Head on, and Red Herring.

It's always funny to get a killer to come over to a gen and kick the trapped gen, and then go to the locker you're in, so you head on them and drop the flashbang while they're stunned.

• win_kay
    win_kay Member Posts: 8

I use a similar build, I exchange small game with lithe and call it the ninja build. Very strong against spirit and op on lerys :D

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495
    edited July 2021

For selfishness. You can't beat the "I STEAL YOUR HEALING PROGRESSION"

Run: Empathy, Sprint Burst, autodidact, and Spine Chill.

Wait for a survivor to start healing for about 25% or 50%

Run up to them ask to heal them and pray for two skill checks, if you get lucky, you should just drop their bar to zero.

When that happens, just walk away. Don't finish healing, don't entertain the thought of being helpful.

I'm kidding, please don't do that...

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

I have quite a few fun builds with out the meta perks.

1. Autodidact, Bite The Bullet, Solidarity, Empathy

2. Deception, Head On, Flashbang, Quick and Quiet

3. Power Struggle, Flip Flop, Tenacity, Smash Hit.

4. Kindred, Windows Of Oppurtunity, Open Handed, Detectives Hunch

5. Deliverence, We're Gonna Live Forever, Prove Thyself, No One Left Behind

These are the few fun ones I have so far.

• TruEternity
    TruEternity Member Posts: 320

Pharmacy, Botany Knowledge, Ace in the hole, Desperate measures.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,939

Had to translate the word since I never heard it before.

Really, you okay?

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419

Fixated + Sprint Burst + Quick n Quiet + (perk of your choice)

Sprint Burst away from the killer into a building. You can see your own scratch marks, so throw the killer off by leading them one way, then doubling back and jumping in a locker

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,183

Some silly ones:

Survivor #1: Look At Me!!!

Object of Obsession; Babysitter; Metal of Man; Aftercare

Survivor #2: The Original Prankster

Head On; Diversion; Saboteur; Blast Mine

Survivor #3: The Entity's Secret Lover

Repressed Alliance; Fixated; Fast Track; Soul Guard

Survivor #4: The Last Team Pick

No Mither; Red Herring; Self Preservation; Slippery Meat

Killer #1: Thou Shalt Not Heal

Coulrophobia; Thanataphobia; Forced Penance; A Nurse's Calling

Killer #2: Hands Of The Merchandise!

Hoarder; Hex: Undying; Surveillance; Tinkerer

Killer #3: The Original Prankster 2

Iron Maiden; Hex: Haunted Ground; Cruel Limits; Make Your Choice

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

Awh! I'm so sorry, I was just joking!

I'm sorry for worrying you! Thank you for your concern

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,939

It's okay, wasn't sure. But might as well ask, doesn't cost me anything. I am quite empathetic.