Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Haddonfield sucks as killer, we know this. But, do you have a killer you somehow do well with there?

For me, it's Ghost Face, I always seem to do well on Haddonfield.

From being hard to see, even though I stick out like a neon light in a dark room (I have the unknown assailant jacket and viper mask)

To taking the Lourie house's roof to stalk around to see if anyone is around me

Comments

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

Spirit and plague, plague because there's a lot of free space where survivors can't loop around for example if u catch them in street there's still pallets and loops but short ones where you can infect them from above loop but tbh with you I hate haddonfield as both roles no matter that it's considered so broken I just hate it in complete

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

For some reason Wraith seems to do a decent job at cleaning in Haddonfield, with his only vulnerability being the house of pain.

• Drywatr
    Drywatr Member Posts: 135

Trickster surprisingly. Can usually clear a 3k minimum.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

Pfp checks out, the name not so much haha, I'm kidding

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

It depends on whether the Survivors know how to use the buildings. If they do, I'm pretty sure only Spirit and Nurse can handle that.

Now if they can't, I've found that Trickster does ok there. A lot of the annoying parts of Haddonfield aren't a problem for him. Those white picket fences in particular are just not an issue.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,178

The Trapper is a great choice. Often, 3 gens spawn in the buildings on the top floor. It's one of the most unique and effective 3-gen scenarios I've found as Trapper, and I'll always start every round on there securing those spots.

The Hillbilly is a lot of fun on it. There are various ways you can zoom down to that gen in the basement, into houses, down the sides of houses.

I've not found Haddonfield that bad a map, although I certainly accept there need to be changes to make it a bit more balanced. But the basic killers work well on there. I think Myers also works well, depending on how sneaky you are with him. Stealth killers also have a better chance here.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

Wraith is decent there though maybe not godtier and can still easily lose.

Pyramid head seems to do quite well, which is funny since the houses should ######### him and his power but the long fences are just guaranteed hits honestly.

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723

Hag is usually excellent on Haddonfield.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

I would say

• Trapper for the blocking access to certain fences-paths
    • Spirit/Nurse for the obvious reason
    • Demogorgon shred attack is unavoidable on some areas which gives him some advantages.
    • Hag would probably do great as it's not a huge map.
  • BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    edited July 2021

Stealth Killers, Trapper and Blight

• BenZ0

True with Demo but you still have a hard time traversing the map if the survivors keep destroying your portals (What they should do on this map) which waste alot of time for you.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

yeah true ^^ This is why in the mid-end game i usually double portals some areas so even if they destroy one portal they don't know about the other ;)

• BenZ0
  • NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

Personally I find Blight does great on Haddonfield.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 537
    edited July 2021

Pig

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Hag loves Haddonfield

• DwarvenTavern

Welcome to another episode of Hag Loves

I don't know why my mind went there when I read your comment

• bubbagaming
    bubbagaming Member Posts: 5

bubba can do a lot on haddonfield making dead zones mind gaming and blocking windows with bamboozle I would also run spirit fury enduring and lightborn for the memes

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,538

Freddy, both Old and New, is the only killer who gives me an actual fighting chance on Haddonfield.

It is still going to be a difficult trial, but if I lose I can only blame myself, not the map.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419

I have DC'd several times on Haddonfield as killer

I'm normally very against DCing, but the frustration of that survivor playground drives me up the wall

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

Haddonfield is a good time as Trapper. Probably my favorite map since there's so many places to hide my traps.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Hag! It's always fun when survivors use this offering, and you play Hag. Twins could be good also idk.

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843

I do well on haddonfield with every killer. The reason is i expect to lose so i just look around the map and if i play twin the only thing i try to do is to be spiderman and jump from house to house

• DwarvenTavern

I'm the same way, I much prefer having a more aggressive approach as Trapper. Bamboozle, Brutal, etc

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

I have very average stats on this map with practically all the killers; it feels far worse than it actually is. It doesn't come even remotely close to Fractured Cowshed, Grim Pantry or Tompsons House in being survivor-sided; it just feels annoying and that's about it.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    edited July 2021

I do quite well on it with Ghostface.

• Zenro
    Zenro Member Posts: 319

Trickster, Blight, and Billy. I usually do very well with on Hadonfield.

• Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761

It's the Trappers best map, by leaps and bounds. He can turn the entire Strode house into a death trap for survivors. Nothing is more satisfying then trapping the window ledges in the Strode House knowing that survivors have absolutely no way to disarm them

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,225

Deathslinger is amazing for me on Haddonfield. Pulling people off balconies, reeling in and hitting over fences, etc. Actually makes the map fun.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

Here is a weird one, but Trapper for me!

Placing traps along the fence line is awesome!

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited July 2021

I do best on Haddonfield with LF, but only when I have the Tinkerer + Cruel Limits combo. Nothings funnier for me when Playing LF than arriving at a house, gen pops, and all the windows get blocked. Well, that "used" to be fun... nowadays though, when the survivors realize they're trapped in a tight space with LF and no escape routs, they just DC on me... sigh

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

trapper

• PassarinoT
    PassarinoT Member Posts: 910

As a twins main, it can be, but it's usually just painful. Victor can't vault, so he can be easily countered. Also, with how big the map is, sadly by the time you find em, they're usually healed or long gone, if not both. :p

• Magicmaster0702
    Magicmaster0702 Member Posts: 217

Legitimately my favorite map as trapper only because I trap very unexpected places and constantly hear the snap and scream every few seconds.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Ah yeah the vaults probably make it not so good. I remembered winning a game pretty easy there with Twins thats why I mentioned it, but in all Twins game I have played I think thats the only time I got this map. But it's not a big map is it? Feels pretty standard, closer to smaller than bigger but I could be wrong.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

Hag. You can't chase for crap but you don't need to, they will set off your traps and hang themselves.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

All of the ranged killers helps with the fence problem, PH for the tight corridors, Nurse cause Nurse, Spirit cause Spirit, Hag shuts down loops.

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 889
    edited July 2021

Honestly, against average survivors i don't find this map very problematic except for the annoying "oh killer comes i jump out of the window"-thing which costs time but you can sometimes bait it. Maybe it's because i play mostly stealth killers idk. To play this map and the loops well as survivor you actually need some knowledge (house of pain, myers house) which loops are strong and how to run them, in my experience the average survivor doesn't know that and runs to the unsafe pallets on the street. (Against strong survivors this map is hell of course)

Personally I think braindead maps that give survivors 30 pallets in a row are more annoying (Ormond, Cowshed, the Game).

Post edited by solidhex on
  • TerrorUnleashed
    TerrorUnleashed Member Posts: 497

In the past -- somehow -- Billy, but otherwise, Demo. It's something about how I'm able to set up a portal system to entirely discourage gen rushing... yet it doesn't seem to go swell for me on any other map besides Hawkins.

• XombieRocker
    XombieRocker Member Posts: 324

Hag cares nothing for your windows and houses!

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

Nurse, Spirit.

One of the most underrated aspects of Haddonfield is that most buildings only have one access to the top floor, where gens can spawn. If the survivor has vision of the stairs, they can get a head start on the chase making that building completely safe to work. Nurse and Spirit can bypass that making it much easier to patrol, making those gens a lot unsafer.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

I should also say that I do ok with Twins. Maps like this where it’s incredibly difficult landing pounces with Victor, I’ll instead switch it up by leaving Victor in one of the houses as a sentry and trap (if there’s repair progress on the gen, and I know survivors will return).

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

I tend to do well with Ghostface.

Likely because while the map can suck for chasing survivors. Catching survivors off guard due to all the buildings blocking LoS for many of the gens on map allows you to bypass some of the issues the map has.

• CheyeneKL
    CheyeneKL Member Posts: 723

I don't think Haddonfield is as problematic as a lot of players make it out to be 🤷🏻‍♀️ certainly not to the point that it's worth DCing as soon as they spawn in and get the map on random.

Against good survivors, sure (but that's bound to be an issue on any map that isn't considered super balanced/somewhat killer sided anyways).

Bad to even average/decent survivors won't give you much trouble on Haddonfield, but like you mentioned, they'll be much more annoying on the Game or another map that has a plethora of pallets.

I've introduced a lot of people to DBD, and as baby survivors, 9 times out of 10 they initially HATE Haddonfield to the point that they groan and complain when they get the map. I just laugh and tell them they'll understand once they're better at the game.

• CoolConnor96
    CoolConnor96 Member Posts: 164

Deathslinger and Trapper I mainly seem to do okay on haddonsfield.