Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Racoon city police station is a bad joke of a map

XLuka8001
XLuka8001 Member Posts: 36
edited July 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Title says it all. I thought the swamp was a maze. But this map is just undescribably terrible. The only way you could possibly enjoy it is of you played RE 2 remake because the devs thought it would be a great idea to take the entire ######### map of a singleplayer story-driven third person shooter and put it into an assymetrical multiplayer game.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Bluerry
    Bluerry Member Posts: 233

ı just played at RCPD and i couldnt get the middle of the map for sometime and then realized I keep find at myself at the same place that place is really a maze if u don't played RE2 remake but we are talking for nothing considerng haddionfield and midwich still remain at this design so RCPD far from getting changed in my opinion

• Mysticwarriormj
    Mysticwarriormj Member Posts: 95

I've never played the map so I wouldn't know, It would be interesting to have a legit maze for the players to run through though. Even as a temporary map

• Newtton
    Newtton Member Posts: 42

I don't think it's that bad, maybe the fact that it doesn't appear as much in public games and we still haven't gotten used to it makes it a complicated map to find our way around, I still get lost in lerys so I don't think it's a big deal

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,519

That map is pure insanity.

• MrSmashem
    MrSmashem Member Posts: 161

You'll learn it eventually. It's not perfect and it has it's problems, but it's not nearly as bad as everyone's making it out to be.

Btw, RPD doesn't account for the entirety of RE2, not even close. The version we have in DBD isn't even the full RPD map(although it's the majority of it), and RPD is only a small portion of RE2.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

I respect your opinion sir. Really I do but the map blows.

• MrSmashem

I respect your opinion, as well, so long as you've learned/know the map.

I personally hate Lery's, The Game and pretty much every map on Autohaven(Wretched Shop is alright). We all have our preferences.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Fair enough not a fan of Lery/autohaven either. Love the game though on both sides (IDK) if it makes sense Midwich is my favorite map also not 100% clear as to why. Hate RPD on both sides though.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419

It is objectively a sub-optimal map for DBD (Yes, there is objective quality if we frame the standard as an even playing field with a game that lasts about 10 minutes)

It's twice the size of Mother's Dwelling and labyrinthine in design, with the average game I've experienced thus far being 15-20 minutes

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    edited July 2021

I think it says a lot when the offering for the new map has been unusable for 6 weeks now..

In my head I believe the devs know this is a horrible map to play on and don't want either side having to play on it much. This is why the map is released for "testing" but the offering isn't.

• SloppyVoldemort
    SloppyVoldemort Member Posts: 452

Since it's an indoor map, I hate it with a passion. Every indoor map is just such trash imo.

RCPD map is just WAY too big for my liking and even after playing like 10 times on it, I still get lost so easily as killer and survivor. Survivor is hooked on other side of the map? Good riddance to your first hook stage if no one is near you.

You downed a survivor? Good luck finding a hook or even the basement...

• MrSmashem
    edited July 2021

I mean, a lot of the maps in the game aren't properly balanced. I'd argue that there are a number of maps that are just as, if not more problematic than RPD. RPD isn't special, in that regard.

In terms of it being twice the size of Mothers Dwelling, that's completely false. I know what you're referencing, but that "test," was completely flawed. First, it was said that it's "effectively," the size of MD, because you can't run in a straight line, not that it's actually the size of MD.

The first problem with that video, is that only one route was used to get from one end to the other; one side of the top floor, through one side of the bottom floor. There are other routes that can be taken, which I think could potentially be quicker. The second problem, is that the shape of the map wasn't taken into account. MD is a square, RPD is a rectangle. The horizontal axis might take a similar amount of time to travel using certain routes, but the vertical axis of RPD isn't nearly as long. Another problem, is that the 2nd floor doesn't cover the entirety of the map, I'd say maybe 2/3, possibly a bit less. Gen positioning and accessibility also comes into play, which matters in terms of actual gameplay.

The whole "twice the size of Mothers Dwelling," stuff is blatantly false and needs to stop being said. I don't think players understand what a map twice the size of Mother's Dwelling would actually be like, even if it were just stacked on top of itself.

• BingBongMan
    BingBongMan Member Posts: 631

Objectively speaking the map was designed with resident evil gameplay in mind. Not one part of the map was made to accommodate DBD's gameplay, and it shows.

Loops are short and unmindgameable at times, and the ones that aren't are usually god pallets that the killers are forced to break.

On top of how hard it is to navigate and find gens as survivor. At least lerys has the blinking lights, but RCPD has nothing to guide you to where the gens are.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,848

Just had a trial there. Didn't see the killer the whole game and it crashed while I was wandering around looking for a gen. So I'd say they did a pretty good job so far

• JohnnyB87
    JohnnyB87 Member Posts: 96

RCPD is one of the worst maps in the game but if console players had the Beta tests like PC players, if wouldn't be as bad as it is. They shouldn't allow PC players an option to get to know the new killer, survivors, or maps before anyone else. They already have enough advantages that this shouldn't be a thing.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    edited July 2021

This map is objectively bad for dbd. There's a reason why no map like rcpd would ever be in an original chapter. Should've never been added tbh.

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

RCPD is an instant DC for me. It's by far the worst map in the game.

• PhantomChimera
    PhantomChimera Member Posts: 668
    edited July 2021

I love it's maze like setup and the dark ambience. Wish we had more of them like that.

I think it could be cool if they added The Overlook from The Shinning(Kubricks Version) and the Maze.

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

When I get RPD my game mysteriously "crashes".

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

I know this is an unpopular opinion but I've been wanting a map like this for so long

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,330

I love the RPD map :)

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

Old swamp or current swamp being a maze?

• Woofles
    Woofles Member Posts: 5

Ummm.... RPD actually has the blinking lights to guide you to gens as well... And there are also EXIT signs that guide you to the exits. Speaking of the exits, one of them is literally always in the same place (main lobby) and the other exit will spawn in 1 of 2 places, on the opposite side of the main lobby.

This map really isn't that hard to navigate... and I never played RE2... or any of them for that matter.

• XLuka8001
    XLuka8001 Member Posts: 36

Never played old swamp, but i am talking more about the inside of buildings on the current swamp maps being mazes.

• whereismykebab
    whereismykebab Member Posts: 228

And it's not so much about finding gens or exits, it's about finding where you can move between the floors.

Even if you learn the layout, it has infinite windows and an insane amount of god pallets.

There just shouldn't be long straight hallways where you can drop a pallet with no way around it, no gameplay, no mindgame, no going around it, no anything other than breaking it.

The problem is that the killer would easily catch up in those long hallways, which is why long hallways are a bad structure to begin with, especially when zombies are involved.

• Valarius
    Valarius Member Posts: 1

Okay just found out about your post, and wanted to comment that this map is soooo terrible. Like with really unlucky hook spawns survivors can just go down in the main hall. It doesn't matter because you need to walk 30 miles until you find a hook. The hook placements are REALLY bad. Honestly wouldn't mind if they deleted the map. Ngl

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,529

I like it. After playing it some times now you get used to the layout. Also there is a drawn map in another thread.

People exaggerating as always.